Devialet Chat
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Tweaker's Corner (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Tweaker-s-Corner)
+--- Thread: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation (/Thread-Audiophile-Grade-Ethernet-Switches-The-new-generation)

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - markush - 28-Feb-2021

I got the Audioquest Niagara 5000 with Hurricane/Thunder which provides an outstanding performance.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - bernardl - 28-Feb-2021

(28-Feb-2021, 07:56)no32 Wrote:
(28-Feb-2021, 07:37)bernardl Wrote:
(26-Feb-2021, 19:33)markush Wrote: I can truly say the Etherregen is a game changer.
Expert line seems to be a sensible construction - as also proven in the power supply topic what a Audioquest Niagara 3000+ can do.

I have a slightly different interpretation of the situation  at hand.

The Devialet is as close as it gets to an ideal component. Meaning that any suboptimal component around it removes from the ideal performance. It’s perhaps what you mean by « sensitive construction »?

This can give a mistaken impression about how good the surrounding components are. Having compared a generic hub to the EtheRegen (in a super optimized set up) and to the S10. Yes the EtheRegen is better than a generic hub but in my experience other audiophile hubs (such as the S10 I have extended first hand experience with) take things to a significantly higher level still. And you would hope they do considering the price premium.

Same for power. I would recommend trying the Shunyata Everest and matching power cords if you haven’t done so yet. It takes things further.

Cheers,
Bernard

Bernard,
What amp did you have prior to devialet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was one of the first 100 D Premier owners nearly 10 years ago.

If I recall correctly before that I had used a Denon top of the range preamp receiver with a Rotel power amp and then a pair of Nuforce monoblocks. Excellent really and, just like the D1, with innovative tech and a remarkable price/performance ratio.

Cheers,
Bernard

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - bernardl - 01-Mar-2021

(28-Feb-2021, 20:47)markush Wrote: I got the Audioquest Niagara 5000 with Hurricane/Thunder which provides an outstanding performance.

I understand, there is a point at which it’s probably better to just relax and enjoy.

Cheers,
Bernard

"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - no32 - 01-Mar-2021

(28-Feb-2021, 22:50)bernardl Wrote:
(28-Feb-2021, 07:56)no32 Wrote:
(28-Feb-2021, 07:37)bernardl Wrote: I have a slightly different interpretation of the situation  at hand.

The Devialet is as close as it gets to an ideal component. Meaning that any suboptimal component around it removes from the ideal performance. It’s perhaps what you mean by « sensitive construction »?

This can give a mistaken impression about how good the surrounding components are. Having compared a generic hub to the EtheRegen (in a super optimized set up) and to the S10. Yes the EtheRegen is better than a generic hub but in my experience other audiophile hubs (such as the S10 I have extended first hand experience with) take things to a significantly higher level still. And you would hope they do considering the price premium.

Same for power. I would recommend trying the Shunyata Everest and matching power cords if you haven’t done so yet. It takes things further.

Cheers,
Bernard

Bernard,
What amp did you have prior to devialet?

I was one of the first 100 D Premier owners nearly 10 years ago.

If I recall correctly before that I had used a Denon top of the range preamp receiver with a Rotel power amp and then a pair of Nuforce monoblocks. Excellent really and, just like the D1, with innovative tech and a remarkable price/performance ratio.

Cheers,
Bernard

Funny me too, first devialet purchased in the uk , got it through Ricardo from absolute sounds just before they become devialet distributor to the UK ( that didn’t last long hehe )
It replaced my krell evolution pre power .

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Johnnydev - 15-Mar-2021

I just got the EMPEROR GIESEMANN EVA 75OHM OXCO clock SPECIAL EDITION ordered from Afterdark's friendly and helpful Adrian. The delivery will take a few more weeks, but I am very curious.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - markush - 15-Mar-2021

(01-Mar-2021, 00:09)bernardl Wrote:
(28-Feb-2021, 20:47)markush Wrote: I got the Audioquest Niagara 5000 with Hurricane/Thunder which provides an outstanding performance.

I understand, there is a point at which it’s probably better to just relax and enjoy.

Cheers,
Bernard

True Smile

Regarding your Esoteric N-01XD - what do you use it for? How much does it improve things without it?

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - bernardl - 16-Mar-2021

The N-01XD is my "analog" digital option.

It's not as brutally transparent a Raat throught the Melco S10, but it has a very nice organic feel while maintaining a clean sound. A bit akin to what one gets with high end turn tables. It works amazingly well with records that are not top notch, like most pop/rock/...

And the N-01XD is Roon ready, it remains super easy to use, I just need to use the Devialet remote app to adjust the volume. Otherwise the experience is identical to streaming directly to the Devialet.

Cheers,
Bernard

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - K4680 - 06-May-2021

Hi people, a tuned Zyxel GS-108B (270€/by GVolk)) has been running in my network for 2 months. Rebuilt with an ultra clock and a stabilized power supply, if it goes that far, the Melco S100 will unfortunately have to leave the network!

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - tategoi - 10-Aug-2021

You can probably connect the Zyxel and S100 in series, no need to remove the latter. I recently took great interest in network and found many using multiple audiophile switches.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - K4680 - 10-Aug-2021

(10-Aug-2021, 04:47)tategoi Wrote: You can probably connect the Zyxel and S100 in series, no need to remove the latter. I recently took great interest in network and found many using multiple audiophile switches.

Hello, the S100 stays in the audio network! The Zyxel switch is used in the TV / video area! In the audio sector, the S100 and SBooster are unbeatable. Wink