Devialet Chat
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Tweaker's Corner (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Tweaker-s-Corner)
+--- Thread: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation (/Thread-Audiophile-Grade-Ethernet-Switches-The-new-generation)

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - octaviars - 22-May-2019

Quote:I’ve only found snippets of information re this subject on audiophilestyle and whatsbestforum. I do believe @octaviars has researched and/or experimented here a bit. I myself have put it on the ‘virtual to do list’ for perhaps after the etherREGEN becomes available (which also has an optical input). [Image: smile.gif]

@Antoine I cant say I have done any testing but I have SFP modules 1310nm single-mode and Clear curve cable waiting for the etherREGEN  Smile

My plan is to run fiber from Ubiquiti Router to etherREGEN and have my Roon ROCK and SOtM sMS-200ultra Neo connected to etherREGEN.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Antoine - 22-May-2019

(21-May-2019, 19:14)baconbrain Wrote:
(19-May-2019, 10:00)Antoine Wrote: No problem! Smile

I bought the parts for the optical setup before many people started experimenting with different types of cables, SFP’s, single/multi mode etc. It now seems to matter also or at least some people report differences in the resulting SQ of their systems. So while I am at standard 550nm multi mode, single mode for long distances like 20/40/80kms seems better. Corning cables seems to get good reviews.

I’ve only found snippets of information re this subject on audiophilestyle and whatsbestforum. I do believe @octaviars has researched and/or experimented here a bit. I myself have put it on the ‘virtual to do list’ for perhaps after the etherREGEN becomes available (which also has an optical input). Smile

I believe I found a cable that would fit the bill. The ClearCurve® Rugged Drop, Indoor, Tight-Buffered Cable, Plenum 1 F, Single-mode from Corning sounds like it has the flexibility and protection for a dwelling installation but finding a distributor in Germany is a bit challenging. My research continues ...

Nice! Good luck, I suppose there must be similar stuff out there if your quest for a distributor proves to be too challenging.

(22-May-2019, 08:11)octaviars Wrote:
Quote:I’ve only found snippets of information re this subject on audiophilestyle and whatsbestforum. I do believe @octaviars has researched and/or experimented here a bit. I myself have put it on the ‘virtual to do list’ for perhaps after the etherREGEN becomes available (which also has an optical input). [Image: smile.gif]

@Antoine I cant say I have done any testing but I have SFP modules 1310nm single-mode and Clear curve cable waiting for the etherREGEN  Smile

My plan is to run fiber from Ubiquiti Router to etherREGEN and have my Roon ROCK and SOtM sMS-200ultra Neo connected to etherREGEN.

Looking good, thanks!

I’m thinking about either connecting the etherREGEN in between my music server and NUC endpoint or a similar setup to yours so fiber to the etherREGEN, the music server to one of the ports on one side and the endpoint to the single port on the other side (isolated clocking zone). My rational me tells me to wait for some reviews and order from the second batch but I know myself and might order the minute it becomes available! Wink

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - K4680 - 22-May-2019

Hello, on the HighEnd Experimented some companies already with fiber optic in different areas BNC, USB, LAN.

Some info about fiber:

https://www.glasfaserkabel.de/Der-Unterschied-zwischen-Singlemode-und-Multimode-LWL-Kabeln:_:13.html

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - baconbrain - 22-May-2019

(22-May-2019, 10:29)K4680 Wrote: Hello, on the HighEnd Experimented some companies already with fiber optic in different areas BNC, USB, LAN.

Some info about fiber:

https://www.glasfaserkabel.de/Der-Unterschied-zwischen-Singlemode-und-Multimode-LWL-Kabeln:_:13.html

Vielen Dank für den Link, sehr hilfreich!  Smile

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - K4680 - 22-May-2019

(22-May-2019, 18:05)baconbrain Wrote:
(22-May-2019, 10:29)K4680 Wrote: Hello, on the HighEnd Experimented some companies already with fiber optic in different areas BNC, USB, LAN.

Some info about fiber:

Vielen Dank für den Link, sehr hilfreich!  Smile

Gerne! Smile

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - GuillaumeB - 22-May-2019

English please!  Smile

Guillaume

(22-May-2019, 19:47)GuillaumeB Wrote: English please!  Smile

Guillaume

Gerne!
It was my pleasure Rolleyes Smile

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - GuillaumeB - 23-May-2019

Unfortunately my SFP modules are on backorder and won't ship until the end of the month, therefore I haven't had a chance to play around with the fibre connections.

In the meantime some good news: Marcin at JCAT has very kindly offered to loan me a Gold M12 unit to test. The unit is currently out on evaluation but I should get it soon. Smile

Guillaume

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Antoine - 23-May-2019

The M12 is out of reach for me personally (as in I’d never be willing to pay that much myself for a device in that category) but it will be a very interesting comparison! Look forward to your findings @GuillaumeB Smile

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - GuillaumeB - 23-May-2019

(23-May-2019, 14:09)Antoine Wrote: The M12 is out of reach for me personally (as in I’d never be willing to pay that much myself for a device in that category) but it will be a very interesting comparison! Look forward to your findings @GuillaumeB Smile

Yeah it's a lot of money.

Still, I really want to know what this will bring to the picture. I'm hoping Rufus is going to help me out with this comparison. Anyone else is welcome to join too.

Cheers

Guillaume