Devialet Chat
Devialet Expert 660 Pro - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Systems (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Systems)
+--- Thread: Devialet Expert 660 Pro (/Thread-Devialet-Expert-660-Pro)

Pages: 1 2 3

Devialet Expert 660 Pro - rafal123 - 27-Apr-2018

3.1 Music + 5.1 Home Theater System.

Vivid Audio speakers with fronts and center on Devialet 220s and surrounds run by Bel Canto 500s.

I had to create my own remote code on RS232s to be able to use inputs on center channel Devialet. It works as a stereo system (L+R) and independent center connected to digital output of right channel Devialet. Three Devialet setup straight from the Configurator did not work for me.

A lot of brain damage, but now it is working beautifully.

Remote

RE: 3 x 220 Pro 3.1 Music / 5.1 HT System - baddog - 28-Apr-2018

Gosh darn - that is a great setup! I wish I had the center speaker you have! I have the G3's in Pearl White as well!

RE: 3 x 220 Pro 3.1 Music / 5.1 HT System - Axel - 28-Apr-2018

That’s a beautiful looking system, with hardly a cable in sight. Very neat.
The white colour scheme also looks fantastic.

RE: 3 x 220 Pro 3.1 Music / 5.1 HT System - Pim - 28-Apr-2018

First of all, WOW what a set up!
Second, how did you manage to take that photo in such a way it shows both rear speakers reflect in the Devialets?

RE: 3 x 220 Pro 3.1 Music / 5.1 HT System - Confused - 28-Apr-2018

I was going to ask something similar to Pim's question, but I'll just say what a picture! If this forum has an award for picture of the year I am pretty sure this would be the 2018 winner.

I am interested in how you are using the center channel for music. I presume the center speaker is running from one of the 220's, a kind of mini stereo / bi-amped speaker? Is it simply running a full stereo feed when running 2.1 for music? I am not really clear as to how this works.

As an aside, one of my favorite rooms at a hifi show last year was running the Vivid G3's, with Mola Mola electronics, I am sure they sound mighty fine with the Pro's.

RE: 3 x 220 Pro 3.1 Music / 5.1 HT System - Hifi_swlon - 28-Apr-2018

Beautiful setup. Like the way you’ve dealt with the asymmetry.

RE: 3 x 220 Pro 3.1 Music / 5.1 HT System - amabrok - 28-Apr-2018

Impressive to say the least!

Also keen to learn more how did you get the center speaker running

At my local dealer here, I auditioned the D1000 driving the G3s and it was breathtaking! Enjoy your beautiful system

RE: 3 x 220 Pro 3.1 Music / 5.1 HT System - Finn - 28-Apr-2018

I must say Wery clean system ,i Can only say waaaaaaooo Nice.

RE: 3 x 220 Pro 3.1 Music / 5.1 HT System - rafal123 - 28-Apr-2018

(28-Apr-2018, 02:21)baddog Wrote: Gosh darn - that is a great setup! I wish I had the center speaker you have! I have the G3's in Pearl White as well!

I really like Pearl White, but these are BMW Alpine White - flatter and colder color.

RE: 3 x 220 Pro 3.1 Music / 5.1 HT System - rafal123 - 28-Apr-2018

(28-Apr-2018, 07:18)Confused Wrote: I was going to ask something similar to Pim's question, but I'll just say what a picture!  If this forum has an award for picture of the year I am pretty sure this would be the 2018 winner.

I am interested in how you are using the center channel for music.  I presume the center speaker is running from one of the 220's, a kind of mini stereo / bi-amped speaker?  Is it simply running a full stereo feed when running 2.1 for music?  I am not really clear as to how this works.

As an aside, one of my favorite rooms at a hifi show last year was running the Vivid G3's, with Mola Mola electronics, I am sure they sound mighty fine with the Pro's.

I set it up as a stereo 440 system and an independent 220 for center. There are three separate setups that I select from the remote:

1. Streamer - source connected to Master 440 and Center 220 connected to digital output of Master 440. 
2. Turntable - source connected to Center 220 and Master 440 connected to digital output from Center 220.
3. Home Theater - front right and left connected to Master 440 and center connected to Center 220, all in pass through mode.

I really like the 3.1 setup for music listening. I noticed that when I run the center channel at 5 - 10dbs below fronts it gives more depth to the soundstage.

Here are the pictures:

440 Master (Right)

440 Companion (Left)

220 (Center)