Devialet Chat
New app - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: New app (/Thread-New-app)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

New app - midi - 23-May-2018

I have got some informations that a complete new Devialet app for both systems will come in the next weeks.

Hopefully it will be good enough, to need only one software to control all systems to stream from the own library and more than one streaming service.

RE: New app - Hifi_swlon - 23-May-2018

Great news if it happens. If it materialises this month, should be stable and working (or at least beta) around May 2019. Will add to my calendar to check back around then!

RE: New app - ozthepoz - 23-May-2018

(23-May-2018, 10:21)midi Wrote: I have got some informations that a complete new Devialet app for both systems will come in the next weeks.

Hopefully it will be good enough, to need only one software to control all systems to stream from the own library and more than one streaming service.

Long overdue!

RE: New app - K4680 - 23-May-2018

Oh, I'm curious how much betas come! Big Grin Confused

RE: New app - Celts88 - 23-May-2018

(23-May-2018, 11:52)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Great news if it happens. If it materialises this month, should be stable and working (or at least beta) around May 2019. Will add to my calendar to check back around then!

Hifi

You're a crack up mate, I literally bust out laughing when I read your post (even my wife asked me what I was laughing at). You sucked me in at the start, but then let loose with the 'May 2019'  Big Grin

RE: New app - bernardl - 23-May-2018

Nice to hear.

Now, Roon works so well and improves so fast that I have a hard time seeing how the Devialet app could be appealing.

If it can help remove the source completely and to connect directly the Devialet to a USB attached storage with the replay being managed by the amp... then yes. This would be a revolution.

If the Devialet itself could become a roon core then game over... they kill the market for good and the rest of the source/streamer/dac/pre-amp/amp/cable industry mostly goes bankrupt.

Cheers,
Bernard

New app - no32 - 23-May-2018

Btw, what’s wrong with the current app beside it doesn’t stay connected when leaving the app ?

Is it the lack of controlling all possible parameters ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: New app - Hifi_swlon - 24-May-2018

(23-May-2018, 21:55)bernardl Wrote: If the  Devialet itself could become a roon core then game over... they kill the market for good and the rest of the source/streamer/dac/pre-amp/amp/cable industry mostly goes bankrupt.

Cheers,
Bernard

Nice thought, but I think it’s incredibly unlikely for so many reasons. Even if it did the industry would be largely unchanged I think - I very much doubt Devialet would suddenly take over the world, and if they did just think how many more expensive mains and Ethernet cables would be sold Smile

@Celts88 Smile I really shouldn’t post here any more as I’ve not bought into the Devialet loves you BS, but I just cant help myself sometimes (I am minimising my posts at least!). But I genuinely hope they prove me wrong on all counts.

RE: New app - Celts88 - 24-May-2018

@Hifi_swlon

I’ve actually given up on Devialet and for now just want to listen to the music and try and forget my negative feelings about Devialet (only comments I’ve lately put on Devialetchat was about my upgraded speakers).

Would love to be optimistic about the app, but they still can't finalise the CI software after all this time, so how are they going to go releasing a new App - will it be 100% operational from the start  Rolleyes

RE: New app - ssfas - 24-May-2018

I'd rather given up on the need for Devialet apps as I use uPnP and it works very well, faultlessly really. MConnect HD, Qobuz and Lightning Server both via uPnP. Not having bought any audio equipment since getting my 250 Pro end of 2016, in fact selling loads, I lashed out on an ethernet cable - Audioquest Cinnamon (£90) and a sub cable - Van Den Hul Mini Sub (£70). No idea if they make any difference.