Devialet Chat
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Events & Shows (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Events-Shows)
+--- Thread: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 (/Thread-Last-minute-Summer-Devialet-Event-at-OAC-with-Mathieu-Pernot-12-July-2018)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - ogs - 06-Jul-2018

Customised configurations was checked with Devialet early in 2015. They answered "...we are not at the moment able to provide custom configurations anymore." I doubt the situation at Devialet will allow this now either.

RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - petrik - 07-Jul-2018

(06-Jul-2018, 20:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(06-Jul-2018, 19:17)petrik Wrote: I know that Devialet can already run a custom parametric eq, so it can do a basic room correction at least.

I actually thought they removed this ability a while back? Had anyone successfully tried it?

Yes, I'm running this custom DSP (room correction) on my Devialet. I got it about two months ago just by asking for it.

RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - ekal - 07-Jul-2018

(06-Jul-2018, 19:17)petrik Wrote: I would be really interested in the room correction feature as well. I know that Devialet can already run a custom parametric eq, so it can do a basic room correction at least. I’m not sure about convolution. Problem is that we cannot create or edit these custom dsp files yet, so I wonder do they have any plans for making this possible for example in the current/new configurator.

I would think that SAM uses some kind of convolution algorithms as it supposedly affects the phase alignment as well?

RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - Hifi_swlon - 07-Jul-2018

(07-Jul-2018, 07:16)petrik Wrote:
(06-Jul-2018, 20:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(06-Jul-2018, 19:17)petrik Wrote: I know that Devialet can already run a custom parametric eq, so it can do a basic room correction at least.

I actually thought they removed this ability a while back? Had anyone successfully tried it?

Yes, I'm running this custom DSP (room correction) on my Devialet. I got it about two months ago just by asking for it.

Good to know they’re still being consistent with their information. Could you share more detail? Is it a series of PEQs? Is it mono or one per channel?

RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - petrik - 07-Jul-2018

(07-Jul-2018, 19:14)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(07-Jul-2018, 07:16)petrik Wrote:
(06-Jul-2018, 20:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I actually thought they removed this ability a while back? Had anyone successfully tried it?

Good to know they’re still being consistent with their information. Could you share more detail? Is it a series of PEQs? Is it mono or one per channel?

Sure. I basically took measurements with REW and designed the needed filters there. The filters contained one PEQ for the left channel and two PEQs for the right channel. All of these had different frequencies, gains and Qs.

Sorry for the slight off topic here. I would be just interested in knowing whether Devialet has any plans for enhancing this feature in the future. I would like to create and tweak these PEQs manually by myself without needing to contact the support every single time.

RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - Hifi_swlon - 07-Jul-2018

Well it’s not really too off-topic as it ties into features and updates and communication. You’re using a feature/process they said isn’t available anymore, so if it is available why not communicate it and document it and encourage people to use it. But I agree it doesn’t sound flexible or convenient having to go through support.

Still, if I could build simple slopes into the amp and then re-measure my room on top of this for my main Roon convolution, I’d at least have a less bright and better balanced system for all other inputs too, even if it wasn’t full convolution on all inputs.

RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - sam1000 - 09-Jul-2018

I'm not sure if this is a good question for Matthew.

Since Expert/Pro range uses it case for temperature control, what is the downside if any to run these units without the back cover?
Some of us use aftermarket power cords which prevents us from closing the back cover. I'm just wondering if the aftermarket power cords end up hurting the performance if the back cover is not closed.
Please disregard if this questions has been addressed before.

RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - David A - 09-Jul-2018

(09-Jul-2018, 20:14)sam1000 Wrote: I'm not sure if this is a good question for Matthew.

Since Expert/Pro range uses it case for temperature control, what is the downside if any to run these units without the back cover?
Some of us use aftermarket power cords which prevents us from closing the back cover. I'm just wondering if the aftermarket power cords end up hurting the performance if the back cover is not closed.
Please disregard if this questions has been addressed before.

For the back cover to help with temperature control heat would have to get from the amplifier body to the back cover and the only way that can happen is by conduction which requires metal to metal contact. There is very little metal to metal contact between the amplifier body and the back cover so conduction is going to be limited. I've often removed the back cover in the process of changing configurations after my 130 Pro CI has been running for a while and the back cover has never seemed warm while the amp casing does get noticeably warm. I don't think the back cover is doing much to help with temperature control so I wouldn't be concerned about not using the back cover affecting performance because of any reduction in temperature control.

RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - ogs - 09-Jul-2018

(07-Jul-2018, 20:11)petrik Wrote:
(07-Jul-2018, 19:14)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(07-Jul-2018, 07:16)petrik Wrote: Yes, I'm running this custom DSP (room correction) on my Devialet. I got it about two months ago just by asking for it.

Sure. I basically took measurements with REW and designed the needed filters there. The filters contained one PEQ for the left channel and two PEQs for the right channel. All of these had different frequencies, gains and Qs.

Sorry for the slight off topic here. I would be just interested in knowing whether Devialet has any plans for enhancing this feature in the future. I would like to create and tweak these PEQs manually by myself without needing to contact the support every single time.

I am really pleased to learn that Devialet has again started to make custom amplitude correction for Expert users. I was quite disappointed when I saw their response in 2015.

RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - Celts88 - 10-Jul-2018

(09-Jul-2018, 21:40)ogs Wrote:
(07-Jul-2018, 20:11)petrik Wrote:
(07-Jul-2018, 19:14)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Good to know they’re still being consistent with their information. Could you share more detail? Is it a series of PEQs? Is it mono or one per channel?

I am really pleased to learn that Devialet has again started to make custom amplitude correction only for some Expert users. I was quite disappointed when I saw their response in 2015.

Fixed that for you  Tongue