Devialet Chat
The Unsatisfied people's thread - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Phantom I (103 DB, 108 DB, Premier Classic, Silver & Gold) (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Phantom-I-103-DB-108-DB-Premier-Classic-Silver-Gold)
+--- Thread: The Unsatisfied people's thread (/Thread-The-Unsatisfied-people-s-thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The Unsatisfied people's thread - daibaron - 30-Aug-2018

Hello,

I've read here and there many worried comments of users about the future support & updates of the Phantom products family.
Rumors are now saying no updates are expected before 2019. (nearly a year and half after the last major update).

I suggest this single thread to combine comments and tell Devialet how unhappy you are.

so far :

no Bluetooth security
Spark is the worst player ever created.
Different audio volume presets depending you're using Bluetooth 70/100 or DLNA 35/100 (basically you can't keep your own preference after switching...)
Poor DLNA compatibility.
Audio crackle via Toslink
Poor Dialog stability.

RE: The Unsatisfied people's thread - Pwalder - 30-Aug-2018

OAudio crackle on high-frequency notes using Airplay.

The Unsatisfied people's thread - steve_denney - 31-Aug-2018

Integrate Upnp within Spark similar to Tidal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: The Unsatisfied people's thread - Bbnsound - 02-Sep-2018

Control of the latency is also not yet (easily) possible.

RE: The Unsatisfied people's thread - booshtukka - 02-Sep-2018

The latency thing is the biggest concern for me. And for reasonable surround sound we will need mini-phantoms.

RE: The Unsatisfied people's thread - da2001 - 03-Sep-2018

(02-Sep-2018, 23:48)booshtukka Wrote: The latency thing is the biggest concern for me

Use direct optical and the delay is gone. I don´t think there would be a solution with network and delay-free audio, because audio needs to be buffered and synced. (Phantoms uses gstreamer)

RE: The Unsatisfied people's thread - MrSinister - 03-Sep-2018

Delay is a problem, audio interruptions optical dialog and I want a good remote so I dont have to open spark all the time.

RE: The Unsatisfied people's thread - Jamington2004 - 03-Sep-2018

My only major wish is native EQ!

If they hadn’t told me they were working on it several times, and that it would be coming very soon.....

But I guess it wasn’t availble when I got them - and I probably will keep them long term anyway - so I should just forget about it Smile

RE: The Unsatisfied people's thread - booshtukka - 05-Sep-2018

If Direct Optical works well, then I would like them to build it as a proper option instead of a hidden hacky workaround.

RE: The Unsatisfied people's thread - antilles - 07-Sep-2018

(03-Sep-2018, 10:11)da2001 Wrote:
(02-Sep-2018, 23:48)booshtukka Wrote: The latency thing is the biggest concern for me

Use direct optical and the delay is gone.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t “Direct Optical Mode” require an optical cable going to each Phantom? So even Stereo would require a mixer/converter with multiple Optical Outs (that doesn’t appear to exist). 

Of course a multiplexing Dialog would be straightforward, like most of the issues brought up in this thread. And that’s what worries me: the ease with which all these problems could be solved and the apparent rationing of resources/inability to address more than one line at a time, suggest they’ve burnt through their $161 million in funding, or much of it, and are actually somewhat financially strapped.