Devialet Chat
Direct Optical mode - How to - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Phantom I (103 DB, 108 DB, Premier Classic, Silver & Gold) (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Phantom-I-103-DB-108-DB-Premier-Classic-Silver-Gold)
+--- Thread: Direct Optical mode - How to (/Thread-Direct-Optical-mode-How-to)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Direct Optical mode - How to - tomsag - 24-Sep-2020

May I ask why is the interest in this mode so strong?
Will it give any advantage to sound quality or is it just a convenience story?

RE: Direct Optical mode - How to - mingfang - 24-Sep-2020

(24-Sep-2020, 19:50)tomsag Wrote: May I ask why is the interest in this mode so strong?

For home theater use cases you need to reduce the latency so that the sound matches the picture.

RE: Direct Optical mode - How to - ragwo - 24-Sep-2020

(24-Sep-2020, 12:48)aryelevin Wrote: But how to select the channel (L\R) for each speaker?

That's a really interesting question! If someone has the answer, please enlighten us.

RE: Direct Optical mode - How to - alandbush - 24-Sep-2020

(24-Sep-2020, 21:06)ragwo Wrote:
(24-Sep-2020, 12:48)aryelevin Wrote: But how to select the channel (L\R) for each speaker?

That's a really interesting question! If someone has the answer, please enlighten us.

The appropriate channel is selected as part of the procedure. Check out post #1.

Nb - You should consider this mode as a way of changing the speakers to be 'dumb' active speakers.

RE: Direct Optical mode - How to - aryelevin - 24-Sep-2020

(24-Sep-2020, 23:14)alandbush Wrote:
(24-Sep-2020, 21:06)ragwo Wrote:

The appropriate channel is selected as part of the procedure. Check out post #1.

Nb - You should consider this mode as a way of changing the speakers to be 'dumb' active speakers.

Are you sure it is working the same with DOS2?

RE: Direct Optical mode - How to - vaguedetails - 25-Sep-2020

(24-Sep-2020, 16:11)ragwo Wrote:
(24-Sep-2020, 00:55)ofrappier Wrote:
(23-Sep-2020, 23:59)mingfang Wrote: @ofrappier can you please share the steps you took to enable optical direct mode?
I tried multiple times by pressing the power button 5 times on different speakers Silvers and Reactor and it didn't work.

the correct name is "low latency optical mode"

nothing change in menu, efter the 5 times, i will investigate with "RTA/Rew" measurements, in next days, my Reactors seems to be now lower than 60ms
From the release note:
Added support of direct optical mode for Phantom Premier (recommended for professional use only). 

Would be a great bonus if the Reactors are affected by the update.

I think the Reactors have support this for a while now. Because the process involved pressing the buttons at the top of the speaker, it wasn’t a viable process on the classic or gold phantom:

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Optical-Direct-for-Reactors?pid=85298#pid85298

RE: Direct Optical mode - How to - jcd1877 - 25-Sep-2020

(24-Sep-2020, 23:48)aryelevin Wrote:
(24-Sep-2020, 23:14)alandbush Wrote:
(24-Sep-2020, 21:06)ragwo Wrote: That's a really interesting question! If someone has the answer, please enlighten us.

Would be interested to understand this in DOS2 as well.

In DOS1, you switch to direct mode via the Spark App. During the process you select L/R. Once the speaker is in Direct Mode, it no longer appears in the Spark App.

But, it sounds like in DOS2, the Direct Mode is selected via button presses at the speaker. So are the speakers still visible in the DOS2 App after the speaker has been set to direct mode? If not visible, how is L/R selected?

RE: Direct Optical mode - How to - frefre - 25-Sep-2020

(24-Sep-2020, 19:50)tomsag Wrote: May I ask why is the interest in this mode so strong?

I am a DJ and wanted to use my phantoms premier as near field monitors. Direct Optical should make it possible to mix, which is almost impossible with 60ms-190ms.

RE: Direct Optical mode - How to - Lee inseok - 25-Sep-2020

(25-Sep-2020, 01:31)jcd1877 Wrote:
(24-Sep-2020, 23:14)alandbush Wrote: The appropriate channel is selected as part of the procedure. Check out post #1.

In DOS1, you switch to direct mode via the Spark App. During the process you select L/R. Once the speaker is in Direct Mode, it no longer appears in the Spark App.

But, it sounds like in DOS2, the Direct Mode is selected via button presses at the speaker. So are the speakers still visible in the DOS2 App after the speaker has been set to direct mode? If not visible, how is L/R selected?
In direct mode by DOS 2, are the left and right speakers connected via a stereo link(wifi)? 
Or do I have to connect each speaker directly?

RE: Direct Optical mode - How to - alandbush - 25-Sep-2020

(25-Sep-2020, 01:31)jcd1877 Wrote:
(24-Sep-2020, 23:14)alandbush Wrote: The appropriate channel is selected as part of the procedure. Check out post #1.

Correction:
Direct optical mode is achieved using the Devialet Phantom Remote application and NOT Spark.
Once converted, the Phantom speakers can no longer be controlled by Spark.

As mentioned previously the Phantom speakers become 'dumb', only playing audio presented via optical by an outside hardware source.