Devialet Chat
D440 Pro Configuration Pre-Out Stereo - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Tweaker's Corner (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Tweaker-s-Corner)
+--- Thread: D440 Pro Configuration Pre-Out Stereo (/Thread-D440-Pro-Configuration-Pre-Out-Stereo)

D440 Pro Configuration Pre-Out Stereo - brownzen - 14-Nov-2018

Hello,

I am the happy user of a D440 Pro and would like to use it as a pre-amp. In my configuration, a vinyl turntable is connected to the phono stage of my Devialet.

But I would like to configure my Devialet as a Pre-Amp, thru a Pre-out stereo output, to an external amplifier (JADIS DA30). I've tried to configure my use case in the Devialet Configurator: impossible to get a stereo pre-out in the D440 setup, because one of the output is occupied by the chaining coaxial cable. 

I only can configure a mono output (Sub) on each Devialet, but after loading this configuration impossible to listen to music thru my JADIS DA30. 

I've opened a case to Devialet support, but would be interested in any feedback of anyone who have configured and using a D440 Pro as a Pre-amplifier ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback

RE: D440 Pro Configuration Pre-Out Stereo - thumb5 - 14-Nov-2018

This might be a silly question, but if you're using it solely as a pre-amp wouldn't you be better off disconnecting the companion, effectively leaving you with a D220 Pro? I don't see that you'd lose anything, and you'd then be able to configure a stereo pre-out.

RE: D440 Pro Configuration Pre-Out Stereo - brownzen - 14-Nov-2018

(14-Nov-2018, 20:10)thumb5 Wrote: This might be a silly question, but if you're using it solely as a pre-amp wouldn't you be better off disconnecting the companion, effectively leaving you with a D220 Pro?  I don't see that you'd lose anything, and you'd then be able to configure a stereo pre-out.

Thanks for your reply, it's possibility I hadn't thought about !...

I would have rather prefered to be able to it in a D440 Pro Configuration, but you'are right I can downgrade in a D220 Pro configuration, just need to configure a SD card in this mode.

Thanks for the tip

RE: D440 Pro Configuration Pre-Out Stereo - brownzen - 14-Nov-2018

(14-Nov-2018, 22:00)brownzen Wrote:
(14-Nov-2018, 20:10)thumb5 Wrote: This might be a silly question, but if you're using it solely as a pre-amp wouldn't you be better off disconnecting the companion, effectively leaving you with a D220 Pro?  I don't see that you'd lose anything, and you'd then be able to configure a stereo pre-out.

Thanks for your reply, it's a possibility I even hadn't thought about it !...

I would have rather prefered to be able to it in a D440 Pro Configuration natively, but you're right I can downgrade in a D220 Pro configuration. That's need to configure a SD card in this mode, unplug the chaining cable, un plug the speakers cables from the companion, to regplug them the master (In D220 mode). I bet that could work but find it a little bit tricky.

Thanks for the tip, but I really hope that Devialet Support will come back to me with a solution more "plug & play"

RE: D440 Pro Configuration Pre-Out Stereo - thumb5 - 14-Nov-2018

Oh, you still want to connect speakers to the D440? When you said "use it as a pre-amp" I assumed you meant it wasn't being used as a power amp as well. Might I ask what the DA30 will drive, then?

RE: D440 Pro Configuration Pre-Out Stereo - brownzen - 15-Nov-2018

(14-Nov-2018, 22:49)thumb5 Wrote: Oh, you still want to connect speakers to the D440?  When you said "use it as a pre-amp" I assumed you meant it wasn't being used as a power amp as well.  Might I ask what the DA30 will drive, then?

Yes I forgot to tell you that my D440 and JADIS DA30 are connected to the same speakers. But I want to have the choice to:

Use Devialet as a Phono Pre-amplifier for the DA 30 to play vinyls records
Use also Devialet as an amplifier for my turntable or streaming digital music thru Qobuz

But no worry, thanks to you I can now listen to vinyls with my new D220 linked to my DA30, i'm happy;-), even if I have to disconnect some cables (Speakers dans Chain).