Devialet Chat
Phantom Silver - Need Help!! - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Phantom I (103 DB, 108 DB, Premier Classic, Silver & Gold) (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Phantom-I-103-DB-108-DB-Premier-Classic-Silver-Gold)
+--- Thread: Phantom Silver - Need Help!! (/Thread-Phantom-Silver-Need-Help)

Pages: 1 2

Phantom Silver - Need Help!! - reintjes.frank - 18-Nov-2018

Some 2 years ago i bought 2 silvers together with dialog. Installation went on very well, i was enthusiastic as for the overall performance and easyness to play music (mainly tidal).
Few months later the problems started: again and again it was not possible to play music with sparc, one or both speakers were lost (which then needed new installation), cracks in one speaker (was exchanged by devialet on warranty), … .
Since some 3 month now it is no longer possible to play both speakers: had frequent contact with devialet support, followed their advice to do new set up, connected all 3 devices to one plc plug, restarted the WiFi router, … : no improvement: only one speaker is playing music! the other one is detected, can be connected but then does not play music (like the other one), but only plays the "set up melody"?! I am looking forward to your advice - being more than frustrated! Thank you very much in advance, regards frank

Phantom Silver - Need Help!! - jvi - 18-Nov-2018

did you also reload the Dialog software ?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

RE: Phantom Silver - Need Help!! - reintjes.frank - 18-Nov-2018

(18-Nov-2018, 16:26)jvi Wrote: did you also reload the Dialog software ?

Hallo JVI, thanx for answering! No! How to do it? Regards, FR

the answer is somewhere in this forum but I don’t know where exact.
Better perhaps to ask the Devialet helpdesk for the exact procedure.

RE: Phantom Silver - Need Help!! - reintjes.frank - 18-Nov-2018

(18-Nov-2018, 18:31)jvi Wrote: the answer is somewhere in this forum but I don’t know where exact.
Better perhaps to ask the Devialet helpdesk for the exact procedure.

I was in constant contact with the support center: they adviced everything but never refered to an update of the dialog software, regards, fr

well, it’s no update but a reload of the Dialog software...

RE: Phantom Silver - Need Help!! - ragwo - 18-Nov-2018

Try to connect only the troublesome speaker and see if you can get it to play music. If you can't there's probably something wrong with the speaker.

RE: Phantom Silver - Need Help!! - JDtheJD - 20-Nov-2018

Frank,

Sad to read of your frustrations. I recently moved from S. Korea to the US and upon setup experienced perhaps similar but not exactly the same experience as you so other stating my solution was to reset until it stuck I am not sure how useful what follows will be of anything more than commiseration. I wish I had more time so as to at least make it entertaining but I digress.

Specifically, similar to you, on some devices I could not use Spark, while I could on others, and there were noticeable cracks and skips during playback and the left and right channels were mixed up. In time, I reported to Devialet that one my phantoms would disappear and the other Phantom would suddenly appear as “mixed.” I am not certain but this seemed to occur when I switched from using Apple airplay on one device -say my iPhone 6 which needed an OS update using an extended WiFi router, to an iPad with the latest OS update using the main router to a TV or computer which used optic inputs. This seemed to particularly true if I went from using Tidal through its App versus through Spark. I did not have the time or patience to verify my theory or find the trigger but in short I think I stretched the Dialogue’s handshaking capabilities across various media and OS beyond it’s capacity.

Additional symptoms occurred when I tried to reset such as: the speakers’ not clicking when I touched them while the woofers moved; the speakers’ tone not matching the designated channels, i.e., the tone would play from the right side even though I moved the phantom to the left; and, the entire reset process indicating that it was complete before moving through all the usual steps.

In order to get my setup to play together nicely, I unplugged everything to rest, and after some time plugged the power cords on to the same circuit and made sure the dialogue and speakers were on the same router. Then I began numerous hard resets, sometimes doing both dialogue and speakers, but not always, until I got the solid clicks from both speakers. Eventually, I was able to complete the Spark setup as one would expect. For now everything is good though I loath the prospect of losing this balance when one of more vendors in my music chain pushes out an update.

NB, I did hear from Devialet but we never managed to link up, my fault not theirs. The above action was based upon their prior guidance and my experience when I first received my golds and a phantom kept going misssing.

Bottom line, if our experiences do stem from the same cause, whatever it may be, I can only say I had success after setting aside some time and doing numerous hard and soft resets. Regardless, I hope your problem is soon resolved and you get back to enjoying the music.

JD

RE: Phantom Silver - Need Help!! - reintjes.frank - 06-Dec-2018

Hallo jd, thank you so much for trying to help with such an extended description of the problems you faced! In the meantime i was in contact with devialet again and they adviced to:
- plug in all devices into the same powerline - done and was done before
- reset the dialog with 5 fast pushes
- reset the phantoms with 5 fast pushes
- and in general to locate dialog close to the phantoms.

Result:
- spark finding the devices
- devices connected, klick sound played
- phantoms matched to left/ right
- spark set up finishes
- choosen tidal and then again:

Second one not playing any music!

I really wonder, what is going on here, thank you again, regards fr

RE: Phantom Silver - Need Help!! - Rodrat2 - 08-Dec-2018

Have you tried a different music source? Unlikely to be a Tidal issue but worth eliminating that as a problem.