Devialet Chat
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Tweaker's Corner (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Tweaker-s-Corner)
+--- Thread: IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers (/Thread-IsoAcoustics-OREA-isolation-footers)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - musialsuspect - 09-Jan-2021

(09-Jan-2021, 02:40)ICUDoc Wrote: Then, just because they were literally lying on the floor next to the amps, I tried four IsoAcoustics Puck MiniMonitor Isolation pads, one under each of the Devialets' feet, replacing the 3 Orea Bronze which had been under the amps in a triangle configuration..
And suddenly, everything improved again- spaciousness, holography, separation.
So now I need to buy two more Orea Bronze to make four under each amp, to see if that is a further step up.
Very surprising, but if you have both Orea Bronze and Mini pucks I urge you to try them to see what you think.
Happy listening!

I, too, am interested in your findings. Thanks for sharing!
Debbie

RE: IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - kerkhoffd - 09-Jan-2021

(09-Jan-2021, 21:11)musialsuspect Wrote:
(09-Jan-2021, 02:40)ICUDoc Wrote: Then, just because they were literally lying on the floor next to the amps, I tried four IsoAcoustics Puck MiniMonitor Isolation pads, one under each of the Devialets' feet, replacing the 3 Orea Bronze which had been under the amps in a triangle configuration..
And suddenly, everything improved again- spaciousness, holography, separation.
So now I need to buy two more Orea Bronze to make four under each amp, to see if that is a further step up.
Very surprising, but if you have both Orea Bronze and Mini pucks I urge you to try them to see what you think.
Happy listening!

I, too, am interested in your findings. Thanks for sharing!
Debbie

By coincidence I had similar advice from the Dutch importer of IsoAcoustics yesterday, when I asked his advice about the number of Orea’s to use. He advised 4 Orea Bronze over 3 Indigo (stacked) or three Bronze (per Devialet). Haven’t ordered yet to try, but still intrigued.

RE: IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - JFX - 10-Jan-2021

(09-Dec-2020, 20:05)Zappydev Wrote:
(27-Jan-2020, 11:07)JFX Wrote: Hi i have a tip when it comes to IsoAucoustics!
I did see this ones on thoman.de for really nice price for a set of 8 pcs https://www.thomann.de/gb/isoacoustics_iso_puck_mini_set.htm
I did order them and they works really nice under my Devialet 1000 PRO I don't know if there is a big diffrens with the Oreas beside that the Oreas has a metal casing while this ones has casing of plastic! The best part is the price that is a fraction against the Oreas!
And I love how they keep my Devialet in place those I have quite heavy power cables that did make them move before!

Thanks for the tip, JFX. I ordered a set of these from Thoman because, as you say, at that price they are a steal. I popped them under my Od’A and at first I thought Wow! - that has really widened the soundstage.  However, once I sat down and started listening, I was pretty horrified at the result. I couldn’t believe what a difference they made, and not for the better. Then I realised that I had connected one set of speaker cables bass-ackwards, and I was out-of-phase.  Confused  Once I had fixed that, everything was fine once again, and I have convinced myself that there is indeed a small improvement   For the money spent, I am well pleased, so thanks again for the heads-up.

Glad if it did do some for your sound and if it did not change much they are superb on holding the Devialets in place ;-) What I had to do was to move the iso pucks cc about 5 cm from the each corner of the Devialets to the middle in a X and I did find, I did get best results sound vice I think the distance can depend on what underlay one have under the Devialets but try out and find if you get any differences in sound.

RE: IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - BoyScout - 11-Jan-2021

I bought four Orea Bronze and place them under each feet of Dev. 220, nothing spectacular happened.

Then i made what Orea advises: "don´t place the Orea feets under the amp feets", i moved them to the outside of the original feet and... voilá!

RE: IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - Toca - 26-Apr-2021

(11-Jan-2021, 17:07)BoyScout Wrote: I bought four Orea Bronze and place them under each feet of Dev. 220, nothing spectacular happened.

Then i made what Orea advises: "don´t place the Orea feets under the amp feets", i moved them to the outside of the original feet and... voilá!

Hi, just to be curious, I can't see there is space for placing the Orea feets outside the Devialet original feets. Did you mean inside the feets?
[Image: Expert_Packshot_1000bottom3-4_open.png?f...nsion=webp]

RE: IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - BoyScout - 28-Apr-2021

(26-Apr-2021, 09:02)Toca Wrote:
(11-Jan-2021, 17:07)BoyScout Wrote: I bought four Orea Bronze and place them under each feet of Dev. 220, nothing spectacular happened.

Hi, just to be curious, I can't see there is space for placing the Orea feets outside the Devialet original feets. Did you mean inside the feets?
[Image: Expert_Packshot_1000bottom3-4_open.png?f...nsion=webp]

Exactly. Immediately after and inside the original feets.
(Sorry for my late answer).

RE: IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - markush - 04-Mar-2024

I am also intending to use IsoAcoustics under my Niagara 5000. Has anyone experience when using them on power conditioners?

RE: IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - mdconnelly - 04-Mar-2024

(04-Mar-2024, 08:58)markush Wrote: I am also intending to use IsoAcoustics under my Niagara 5000. Has anyone experience when using them on power conditioners?
I have them under my 440 Pro as well as under my speakers.   I hadn’t thought about how they’d do under my power conditioner.   Inquiring minds want to know… ;-)