Devialet Chat
Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) (/Thread-Devialet-predictions-for-2019-The-2019-Devialet-Almanac)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - David A - 22-Dec-2019

For a company that has been focussed on the Phantom range and other dabbling, they've had a fair bit of favourable press for the Expert Pro range from Stereophile and Absolute Sound and ended the year with a brief preview of a review of the 220/440 from AudioStream which will apparently be published early next year. They've had to supply product for the reviews so they haven't quite been doing nothing and there's no reason to drum up positive reviews if you aren't prepared to do something to capitalise on them.

Having said that, I think this year has been a lost opportunity for Devialet with the Expert Pro range. The problems with the Roon Ready update and gigabit ethernet spoiled a good start to the year and there's been nothing to fix the problem or the remaining promise and issues still being worked on mentioned in the release notes for that firmware in February. They definitely have not kept faith with their customers. That's what makes this late year flurry of positive reviews which, given the lead time on publication and time for the reviewer to do their stuff, had to have kicked off at Devialet's end before mid-year, somewhat strange.

I don't think we'll see anything for Christmas but I do hope that we're going to see something more in the firmware early in 2020. Unfortunately that's a hope, not a prediction, and they've been dashing my hopes for the past 10 months.

RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - Finn - 26-Dec-2019

I Think devialet expert Line is great , But ther communication With us is like shit , they promised long time ago that they Will be better too imform us about progress , What Can we look forward too, better app. But When? What about roon i work perfect With devialet expert, or not , What about hiss In phonostage? Devialet was Wery fast When we update too Pro , What happend after we put many euros In ther pocket , Devialet start too be silence. , mabye they count the euros ? They sent e-mail out , but everything is about phantom Line, What do you Think When they come With ney stuff , they altso forget phantom , In some ways i feel Devialet piss on expert owners , and expert Line bring the compagny into where they Are today , Shame on you Devialet.

RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - Stino - 26-Dec-2019

Not surprised to read a lot of negative responses here.

I have no issues with mine, for luck, and enjoy the sound very much.

And that's my hope for many of you here. I do hope you enjoy the sound of your Devialet, irregardless your expectations for the future. And if you do not enjoy the sound or are really dissatisfied, then do yourself a favour and enjoy music again by selling/buying or trading for a new amp.

Have a nice xmass and good end year.

RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - Finn - 26-Dec-2019

Stino , i have nothing about the Sound of my 220 pro , it is not there my negative thinking is , it is about the compagny , who say they Will be better too communicate , but i and many others Are sad about there lack of communication , becorse devialet buildt the brand Up by showing ney updates, better comunication With there clients , but after they do a lot too convince us ,update too Pro , and What happend after , it feels that they forget us , that is not good , they ovn us all too show, there Are still there we put a lot of Money In there. Product , they show not respekt too us . All i hope i am wrong i hope In 2020 Devialet Will do better.

RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - Stino - 26-Dec-2019

(26-Dec-2019, 21:57)Finn Wrote: Stino , i have nothing about the Sound of my 220 pro , it is not there my negative thinking is , it is about the compagny , who say they Will be better too communicate , but i and many others Are sad about there lack of communication , becorse devialet buildt the brand Up by showing ney updates, better comunication With there clients , but after they do a lot too convince us ,update too Pro , and What happend after , it feels that they forget us , that is not good , they ovn us all too show, there Are still there  we put a lot of Money In there. Product , they show not respekt too us . All i hope i am wrong  i hope In 2020 Devialet Will do better.

Hello Finn, no bad words meant for you in my post (or anyone else).

I hope your expectations will become reality soon / once.

RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - Pim - 27-Dec-2019

Let me be the outcast here and be positive about the future.

I believe the reason Devialet aren't doing anything about the Expert line at the moment is because they are working on getting all their products on the one operating system. It would be a waste of time for them to work on the current OS. look at Roon; they didn't really want to do it but did it anyway to make all of us happy, only to find out it turned into a massive headache.

Be patient and it will all come good.

RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - David A - 27-Dec-2019

Can I put a foot in each camp. @Pim is probably correct to say that Devialet are trying to get everything on one platform but if we leave the Roon Ready bug out of the discussion, there were a list of things still being worked on and an outstanding feature still listed from the original CI board promises noted in the Release Notes for that Roon Ready firmware update and we could very legitimately expect them to have issued another firmware update since then to deal with those promises.

As for Devialet not wanting to make the Expert Pro range Roon Ready, they chose to do it. They have a long history in the past of taking a long time to deliver promises and they could have put the Roon Ready feature in the long term basket like a long list of things they've put there in the past. They tried to deliver on something they hadn't initially promised and actually managed to deliver on it and get it "mostly right" which actually is a plus but then went back to going very slow on a bug fix which is reminiscent of their initial problems with AIR from what I've read. I don't think it turned into a massive headache because they made the Expert Pro Roon Ready to make us happy, I think it turned into a massive headache because they can't seem to do a good job of getting their streaming software to work the way it should because they've now failed to get both AIR and Roon Ready streaming to work properly on release for some users.

And yes, I can understand and support a focus on moving all platforms to the same OS but they said in the February release notes that there were still a couple of things in the Expert Pro firmware to be fixed, the Roon Ready bug added one, and they still hadn't delivered on the promised Spotify streaming. If the Expert Pro firmware was the first step to developing a common OS for all hardware platforms then getting all of those things fixed for the Expert Pros can actually be seen as a positive step towards getting the common OS because those are all things that are going to have to be worked out for all platforms anyway if the OS is truly to be common.

I think that it will PROBABLY "all come good" but the question for all of us is how long will it take? I doubt that simply delivering the current functionality of the Expert Pro OS and firmware, with its outstanding feature and unfixed bugs, to the Phantom/Reactor platform would be met with unanimous joy and satisfaction by all Phantom/Reactor owners and if the OS is common to all, any fix for one platform should mean that it can be fixed at the same time for all platforms so what are we going to see next? Will we see a simultaneous, or nearly simultaneous, OS and firmware release for all hardware platforms or are we going to see the Expert Pro range get the promised fixes while others wait or Phantom/Reacotor owners get what they're waiting for while Expert Pro owners wait for their fixes? That's 3 possibilities and only one of them is going to have a chance of making everyone cheer. The other 2 basically leave the owner base in the same disarray and continuing dissatisfaction with progress as they're currently in. The longer the delay until everyone gets what they're legitimately waiting for, the more customer dissatisfaction Devialet will continue to have to deal with.

Yes. it will all work out in the end but it seems that getting AIR to finally work really well for the Expert range required a hardware update to the Expert Pro range and getting Roon to aid support for AIR to their software. I would like to see things up and running properly without the need for a further hardware upgrade.

For those of us with Expert Pros, I can look on the positive side and say that our glasses are a little bit more than half full so they're definitely not half empty, but they are significantly short of the full glass that was promised and another year has passed with all of the usual promises about improvements in communication and the usual failure to deliver on that promise.

RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - Finn - 27-Dec-2019

Yes David A . But it could be Nice from devialet ,just too say What they Are doing , In that case they fail Big.

RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - Gerronwithit - 27-Dec-2019

Am quite happy with my Expert Pro which works more or less the way I want it. If I was going to spend a little money it woukd be to make Roon independent from my Apple Mac and instantly accessible. That is nothing to do with Devialet.

However, there does not seem to be a coherent vision being communicated by Devialet as to where their product ranges are heading or on software development. Of course I don’t care too much about the Phantom range as I don’t have one, nor do I want a Sky sound bar. However, it would be nice to know that the CI development would be be bearing a little more fruit. I had kind of hoped that the vulnerable SD card might be jettisoned for a much more sensible on board firmware which could be dynamically updated or reconfigured online. I hate having to fiddle around all these shiny surfaces to liberate an SD card which you then have to chop and change in the correct sequence or your back to fingerprinting the shiny surfaces all over again. It also makes minor tweaking too tedious to bother with.

I want to hear and see from Devialet that I have an appreciating asset and not feel that it is a perceived inconvenient encumbrance for themselves.

RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - Confused - 04-Jan-2020

Well 2019 has drawn to a close, lets have a look back at the key events of last year:

Roon RAAT appeared for the CI Board equipped Pro's.  (At the time of writing, this still has bugs for some users)
The Reactor gained Devialets's innovative new "stereo" mode.
A big change for the Phantom "Premier" range, it was renamed "Phantom Premier"
Joachim Fritsch left Devialet.  (Joachim was formally "Expert Product Team manager")
Phantom Reactor Custom appeared.  (basically a nice wall bracket thingy for the Reactor)
We received news of Devialets' planned "unified remote control" app. Apparently to be initially be for the Phantom range, then later introduced for the Expert
The Black reactor arrived after much excitement following a Devialet social media initiative.
DOS2 arrived for the Phantom.
The Devialet Chat 2019 Almanac thread drifted off topic with generally grumpy posts about Devialet not doing much in 2019, old issued being unresolved and their communication being rubbish.

That's about it I think, let me know if I have missed anything of note.

So the 2019 prediction winner is nduchatel, with Pim and David A picking up the remaining podium places.

nduchatel can now bask in the glory of being Devialet Prediction World Champion for the rest of 2020.

Final results as follows:

1st
nduchatel =6

Joint 2nd
Pim = 4
David A = 4

Runners up:
mdconnelly = 3
Blair.athol = 3
Confused = 3
Bwaze = 1
Ron McKernan = -1

Best not mention:
Fgleason = 0
Streamy = 0
K4680 = 0
Rchinn = 0
Peter-van-der-Laarse = 0
Axel = 0
G51 = 0

As for 2020 predictions, @struts has already started a thread, so that one is covered.  Although this was more specifically directed at the possible 2020 DOS2 rollout to Expert.

It is interesting that in the end not far off half the posts in this thread were essentially expressing grievances with Devialet.  My original intention for this thread format was twofold, firstly a simple bit of light-hearted fun, secondly to act as a record of the year's key events.  Threads in forums like this often drift off the original topic, and very often the off topic stuff is more enlightening than the original topic.  So this has given me an idea, you will see this in a new thread that I will start today regarding communication with Devialet.

I am genuinely unsure if I should run a similar Almanac prediction thread in 2020, but I am happy to do so if there is the interest.  Let me know.

As an alternative, I am thinking of a "Key Events 2020" thread, this would serve as a kind of archive for the years events that we could populate as and when anything happens. (It might be a short thread!)