Devialet Chat
Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) (/Thread-Devialet-predictions-for-2019-The-2019-Devialet-Almanac)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - markush - 21-Nov-2019

Wow - we know about troubles at Devialet, but this official feedback on Roon RAAT fix is Heavy stuff! :-O
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/expert-pro-is-finally-roon-ready/61890/187?u=markus_hubner

So they are not even investigating the matter at all, so no fix for 2019 and most likely 2020.

RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - baddog - 22-Nov-2019

Is there a thread on this Forum where this Roon/Devialet/Gigabit ethernet/Audio Files loading slowly issue is discussed? I guess it works for some folks and not for others? I have a Devialet 440 Pro and an ASUS router and Netgear 8 port Gigabit switch ( I have to go check which one ) and I don't have them issue and am curious as to why that is.

RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - David A - 22-Nov-2019

(22-Nov-2019, 02:08)baddog Wrote: Is there a thread on this Forum where this Roon/Devialet/Gigabit ethernet/Audio Files loading slowly issue is discussed? I guess it works for some folks and not for others? I have a Devialet 440 Pro and an ASUS router and Netgear 8 port Gigabit switch ( I have to go check which one ) and I don't have them issue and am curious as to why that is.

Here's a link to the thread I think you're asking about. Note that the problem under discussion only exists for people using Roon as server software and using their Devialet as a Roon Ready endpoint which means that Roon uses it's own RAAT protocol for communication between the server and the Devialet. There does not seem to be a problem if you are using other server software or if you're using Roon and connecting to the Devialet via some other connection route than ethernet, if you're using a lower speed ethernet connection to the Devialet than gigabit, or if you're using a different connection protocol than RAAT, for instance the Devialet AIR protocol which Roon also supports is problem free.

If you're not using Roon or if you're using Roon but not connecting via RAAT over a gigabit ethernet connection you won't have the problem.

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Roon-RAAT-and-An-audio-file-is-loading-slowly

RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - baddog - 22-Nov-2019

@David A Thanks! I will review the thread you so kindly provided a link for. I guess I am one of the lucky ones as I have only seen this occur sporadically. I will pay closer attention now.

p.s. reading through much of the thread, and some others on the Roon Forum, I understand why this is super frustrating for folks.

RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - mdconnelly - 22-Nov-2019

One other point to note.... the problem using RAAT at gigabit Ethernet speed happens far more frequently with high-res files (e.g. 192khz, 24bit) than it does with just CD rips.

RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - David A - 22-Nov-2019

(22-Nov-2019, 04:43)mdconnelly Wrote: One other point to note.... the problem using RAAT at gigabit Ethernet speed happens far more frequently with high-res files (e.g. 192khz, 24bit) than it does with just CD rips.

To put that into context in my own experience I have no native 192/24 content stored on my Nucleus+. I've got one 176.4/24 album and quite a few 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz 24bit albums plus about 2 dozen DSD 64 albums and the rest is CD quality. I have rarely been hit by the problem while playing any of that content but the one time I set Roon to upsample everything to 192/24 and sent that to my 140 Pro I struck the problem repeatedly. For me 192/24 almost seems to be a trigger and anything else almost never causes a problem. 

For me it's not so much high res but one particular high res resolution which is the issue.

RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - mdconnelly - 22-Nov-2019

(22-Nov-2019, 07:52)David A Wrote:
(22-Nov-2019, 04:43)mdconnelly Wrote: One other point to note.... the problem using RAAT at gigabit Ethernet speed happens far more frequently with high-res files (e.g. 192khz, 24bit) than it does with just CD rips.

To put that into context in my own experience I have no native 192/24 content stored on my Nucleus+. I've got one 176.4/24 album and quite a few 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz 24bit albums plus about 2 dozen DSD 64 albums and the rest is CD quality. I have rarely been hit by the problem while playing any of that content but the one time I set Roon to upsample everything to 192/24 and sent that to my 140 Pro I struck the problem repeatedly. For me 192/24 almost seems to be a trigger and anything else almost never causes a problem. 

For me it's not so much high res but one particular high res resolution which is the issue.
Interesting David!   I have found that 24bit seemed to be the line for me although I have actually seen it occur with simple CD rips - albeit rarely.   Now I'm just using a 100 mbps switch in front of the Devialet with rarely a problem.

Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - ewaucq - 25-Nov-2019

I’m sure all of you already saw the latest Devialet partnership announcement with HUAWEI.

I know it’s been debated and discussed many times but I start to feel frustrated as an Expert owner. Devialet is developing in many branches from partnerships, to new products, to updated products (Phantom going black), to vinyl, etc.

But soooooo little changes on the Expert branch. I mean nothing since the Core Infinity board upgrade really, which was great and frustrated in a way: hardware was changed but nothing on functionality and software.
I had a look this morning at my Devialet Expert Android app, it was last updated on Jun 20, 2018 !

Maybe I am not the only one feeling this way? Maybe there’s a way to express (again) our frustration to Devialet, the positive and constructive way?

RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - Finn - 25-Nov-2019

EXPERT OWNERS miss some progress. From Devialet . Devialet is busy With everything , But What about Expert Line, We miss they do something from us all. Some comunication from Devialet,

RE: Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac) - mdconnelly - 25-Nov-2019

It seems so strange to me that Devialet went to all the trouble of creating and giving away the CI upgrade for the Expert Pro and yet has done virtually nothing with it.

When I bought my first Expert 200 now four years ago I thought it was an amazing piece of tech produced by a truly creative and innovative company that was looking to redefine high-end audio. It's still an amazing piece of tech. The rest, not so much.