Devialet Chat
Streaming Nirvana...Roon - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Streaming Nirvana...Roon (/Thread-Streaming-Nirvana-Roon)

Streaming Nirvana...Roon - james n - 06-Jan-2019

I've been getting a lot of use out of my system over the Christmas holidays and it reminded me of some of the frustrations i had with the setup. Pre CI, i'd reached a good point with a Melco fronting my 220 Pro. Post CI, a good improvement in SQ but a few issues...

Melco via USB meant disconnection of the USB link when the Melco went to sleep. Looking through the forum this seems to be a problem with the particular implementation not renegotiating the link. PITA. 

Via UPnP - works well but not gapless and using various control points could be unreliable (not finding the Devialet...)

I downloaded Roon onto my laptop on Friday and have been having a play ever since. Not a perfect setup since i'm using a combination of wired and wireless but it's show the potential of Roon. Sounds great, no issues with connectivity and a fantastic user interface. 

With a dedicated machine for Roon (probably the Nucleus) could this be the final solution ?

James

RE: Streaming Nirvana...Roon - BrianT - 06-Jan-2019

(06-Jan-2019, 16:46)james n Wrote: With a dedicated machine for Roon (probably the Nucleus) could this be the final solution ?

James

I personally believe so, as long as you want to run Roon, other people will have different ideas.

I have an Auralic Aires G2 and it it GREAT, but if I was to do it again, I would look at the Necleus
connected by USB.

Brian

RE: Streaming Nirvana...Roon - Sailor4W - 07-Jan-2019

(06-Jan-2019, 23:34)BrianT Wrote:
(06-Jan-2019, 16:46)james n Wrote: With a dedicated machine for Roon (probably the Nucleus) could this be the final solution ?

James

I personally believe so, as long as you want to run Roon, other people will have different ideas.

I have an Auralic Aires G2 and it it GREAT, but if I was to do it again, I would look at the Necleus
connected by USB.

Brian

I just got a Nucleus from my local dealer to test it for a few days. What I am hearing is very good, great detail with a total lack of digital brightness. I had the demo unit in operation for three days and it worked flawlessly. I think I buy the unit. Great piece of kit with a great software!

RE: Streaming Nirvana...Roon - Petter - 09-Jan-2019

IF use of Nucelus + ,how do we connect to Devialet best way ? Nucelus only have one ethernet port ?? right ,that have to be used for Ethernet connection

RE: Streaming Nirvana...Roon - mmorrison55 - 09-Jan-2019

(09-Jan-2019, 14:29)Petter Wrote: IF use of Nucelus + ,how do we connect to Devialet best way ? Nucelus only have one ethernet port ?? right ,that have to be used for Ethernet connection

USB out from nucleus into your devialet.

RE: Streaming Nirvana...Roon - thumb5 - 09-Jan-2019

... or presumably Roon AIR via Ethernet (using a switch) should also work.

RE: Streaming Nirvana...Roon - David A - 09-Jan-2019

(09-Jan-2019, 17:31)thumb5 Wrote: ... or presumably Roon AIR via Ethernet (using a switch) should also work.

It will work. Using Roon Air via ethernet with both my Antipodes and Devialet connected via a switch works fine and I prefer that to connecting my Antipodes to the Devialet via USB.

RE: Streaming Nirvana...Roon - Sailor4W - 10-Jan-2019

(09-Jan-2019, 17:31)thumb5 Wrote: ... or presumably Roon AIR via Ethernet (using a switch) should also work.

Should work. I‘ll try out and report back. For the moment, it‘s conservatively Ethernet into Nucleus and USB into Devialet. Sounds very smoothly.