Devialet Chat
Proac D30R vs. PMC Twenty 26 vs. Other options? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Speakers (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Speakers)
+--- Thread: Proac D30R vs. PMC Twenty 26 vs. Other options? (/Thread-Proac-D30R-vs-PMC-Twenty-26-vs-Other-options)

Pages: 1 2 3

Proac D30R vs. PMC Twenty 26 vs. Other options? - wiresandmore - 11-Dec-2014

Hi all

Currently in the market for floorstanders in the €5-7K bracket. Demo'ed both the Proac and PMC, both very good options. Didn't get on with the Olympica IIs (surprisingly) - perhaps it is because I listen mainly to rock. Proacs don't have SAM (yet) but I am sure it is coming soon. PMCs already have it and the difference was noticeable, not earth shattering.

Requirements - need to be conventional looking for WAF issues!

Any other options I should try before finalising my choice?

Thx

RE: Proac D30R vs. PMC Twenty 26 vs. Other options? - Confused - 11-Dec-2014

@Neffa - You have many choices I think! I did hear some Dali Epicon 6's recently (running off a big Musical Fidelity amp). I liked them a lot. They are SAM'd now, and might be rather good with the Devialet. To my ears they have a much smoother trebble than the SF's, plus a faster, tighter, bass, a bit more dynamic impact. Good looking speakers too. Probably a tiny bit over your budget though, you might have to haggle a bit!

RE: Proac D30R vs. PMC Twenty 26 vs. Other options? - Jwg1749 - 11-Dec-2014

I'd second the Dali Epicons. Also worth trying to find the Audiovector Si3 range (I think the Avantgarde would be within your budget): they have good WAF!
Matt

RE: Proac D30R vs. PMC Twenty 26 vs. Other options? - Eddye - 11-Dec-2014

Adam Audio Column's are about 5K. I've heard these on my own D200. Wonderful natural sound.
I've also heard the Marten Django L at 7.7K on the D200 in a very small room, but these have a very nice low end, and are very detailed. Neither has a sharp high end. I believe the Django's are a bit more WAF, but I''m not a woman, so what do I know... Just surprise her with flowers....

RE: Proac D30R vs. PMC Twenty 26 vs. Other options? - Charlemagne - 11-Dec-2014

(11-Dec-2014, 13:43)Eddye Wrote: I've also heard the Marten Django L at 7.7K on the D200 in a very small room, but these have a very nice low end, and are very detailed. Neither has a sharp high end. I believe the Django's are a bit more WAF, but I''m not a woman, so what do I know... Just surprise her with flowers....

Don't forget to mention that they are already SAM'd.

You might need a giant bouquet of flowers to sell them to your WAF, though ;-)

[Image: 20130518133624_Marten_Django_L_front.jpg]

RE: Proac D30R vs. PMC Twenty 26 vs. Other options? - wiresandmore - 11-Dec-2014

ok, good suggestions, please keep them coming :-)

RE: Proac D30R vs. PMC Twenty 26 vs. Other options? - Tony - 12-Dec-2014

Martin Logan Theos or Ethos... I know you said conventional looking but my experience is that MLs have a high WAF as the 'boxy' bit is small and you can see through the electrostatic panel so it doesn't actually appear as big as it is... sounds great as well but no SAM (certainly for the Ethos / Montis etc)

RE: Proac D30R vs. PMC Twenty 26 vs. Other options? - amabrok - 12-Dec-2014

(12-Dec-2014, 14:19)Tony Wrote: Martin Logan Theos or Ethos... I know you said conventional looking but my experience is that MLs have a high WAF as the 'boxy' bit is small and you can see through the electrostatic panel so it doesn't actually appear as big as it is... sounds great as well but no SAM (certainly for the Ethos / Montis etc)

+1

the see through panel kind of make the ML disappears or blend with the surroundings and hence the high WAF

[Image: Premium50-2-360-Grad-02.jpg]

You may also want to consider Piega Premium 50.2

it is SAM ready and in your price bracket.

the other day i auditioned it along with many other models from Piega at my local dealer.

they look great with clean finish. solid performance with omfy bass. and the ribbon tweeter is really the highlight of Piega speakers

RE: Proac D30R vs. PMC Twenty 26 vs. Other options? - Mac User - 12-Dec-2014

PMC Fact 8 are worth a listen and tick the 'looks' box...

RE: Proac D30R vs. PMC Twenty 26 vs. Other options? - Tony - 12-Dec-2014

Never heard them but (to me) they look fantastic... 2nd hand pair of Sonus Faber Elipsa here... http://2ndhandhifi.co.uk/esoterica/sonos-faber-elipsa-loudspeakers