Devialet Chat
Serius software? problem with Devialet D200 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Support Desk (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Support-Desk)
+--- Thread: Serius software? problem with Devialet D200 (/Thread-Serius-software-problem-with-Devialet-D200)

Pages: 1 2

Serius software? problem with Devialet D200 - Drioannis - 01-Sep-2019

I just changed my laptop which I use for the Devialet D200 and I am having serious trouble.

I keep having blue screen in Windows when I activate Devialet Air. Reason of failure is AirAudioDriver.sys
I unistall and reinstall the drivers, software without any luck.

Any suggestions?

[Image: 20190810.jpg]

RE: Serius software? problem with Devialet D200 - Drioannis - 02-Sep-2019

All started after the latest window upgrade...

RE: Serius software? problem with Devialet D200 - Damon - 02-Sep-2019

Did you do a search on this forum? I'm not a windows user but I recall a discussion about software and OS updates causing some difficulties. It may or may not be current with your situation. My memory is that both window and Mac OS had a few incompatibility issues with AIR.

RE: Serius software? problem with Devialet D200 - Antoine - 03-Sep-2019

This indeed happened in the past as well with new versions of Windows/MacOS. Back then Devialet had to issue driver/software updates to support the new versions.

I myself no longer use Air so can’t confirm if the issue is a general one that would apply to anyone running Air on this latest version of Windows. Perhaps others can chime in here but I think it’s best to contact Devialet support as well, perhaps it’s already a known issue they’re working on. It’s probably not something you’d want to do but it is possible to roll back to the previous version of Windows.

RE: Serius software? problem with Devialet D200 - Tony - 03-Sep-2019

Hi...
I have had exactly the same problem. From looking at dates on dumps etc I think my problem started after
'KB4506991 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10, version 1903' which was auto installed on my Dell XPS 13 on 13th July. On 20th July I started getting the same error as you using Qobuz. As soon as Qobuz loaded I would get the blue screen. I deleted the Air driver and reinstalled and it was OK for a few days and then went again. Since then I have not bothered, using IPAD and AirPlay even though sound quality is not great. I might try again as there have been a couple of cumulative updates since which may have fixed the problem?. Would be useful to know if you are using Qobuz as I guess that may be a contributing factor.

RE: Serius software? problem with Devialet D200 - ekal - 06-Sep-2019

Hi,

I also got lots of similar blue screens about a week ago after a Windows update, but since then less frequently and for the last few days none at all.

At the beginning even trying to uninstall AIR caused the blue screen to happen. But just today I managed to both uninstall and reinstall AIR successfully so I hope it stays this way.

RE: Serius software? problem with Devialet D200 - Drioannis - 06-Sep-2019

I will check it out this weekend. I might unistall the update. It is really unusable!

RE: Serius software? problem with Devialet D200 - ekal - 13-Sep-2019

Hi again,

After a while of not getting any blue screens, I got one yesterday again. I found out that I can cause it by first selecting AIR as the Windows sound output when the Devialet is not powered on, and then having the computer (trying to) output sound. So in this case the blue screen doesn't happen before there is sound playing.

Of course this doesn't mean that other things don't also trigger the blue screen, but it seems that I can now avoid at least some of them Smile

EDIT: Apparently the sound playing isn't the triggering thing after all. If I have AIR as the Windows sound output while the Devialet is powered off, just opening Tidal will cause the blue screen.

RE: Serius software? problem with Devialet D200 - Drioannis - 13-Sep-2019

Yes the problem is with the Air. I already sent an email to Devialet and I suggest you do the same. This makes Air totally useless.

RE: Serius software? problem with Devialet D200 - Cylob - 16-Sep-2019

Hmmm... we all know how long it will take them to fix a buggy AIR version.
Which version are you guys using? I used to have a lot of blue screens of death in the past.
My Windows is up to date and I'm having no problems with the older AIR 3.0.1 public beta (which I'm using because I prefer the sound quality of this version).