Devialet Chat
No ethernet input - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: No ethernet input (/Thread-No-ethernet-input)

Pages: 1 2

RE: No ethernet input - daniel.avasilichioaei - 14-Nov-2019

There is no input named "ETHERNET". Available inputs that are using network are: AIRPLAY, SPOTIFY, AIR, UPNP, ROON READY. They all are using Ethernet connection, but each with different protocol.
Your configuration file is fine, Devialet is set to use DHCP. So, if you connect both Roon and Devialet to router, then you will see in Roon some Devialet audio outputs. If so, then connection between Roon and Devialet is ok.

P.S.: You can check if Devialet is attached to your network like this:
- Check network menu in Devialet screen, and see the IP.
- Use any browser on computer and access a link like http://192.168.1.102/, but using your Devialet IP.
If you see the Devialet configuration screen, then Devialet is properly attached to your network.

RE: No ethernet input - ogs - 14-Nov-2019

(13-Nov-2019, 23:14)avta Wrote: CRC6715
{
  "_modelName":220,
  "_isSlave":false,
  "_slaveIndex":1,
  "_hasSlave":false,
  "_version":9,
  "_productName":220,

Make sure you select the right model in Configurator. Is your amp a 140? It appears you are using a config made for a 220

RE: No ethernet input - Flashman - 14-Nov-2019

(13-Nov-2019, 21:44)avta Wrote: I am unable to see the Ethernet input with on 140 pro. I have activated it in the configuration file. I've tried to connect an ethernet cable and without but in either case no input available when I cycle through the inputs. I'm using Roon of late. Both Roon and the Devialet are set to DHCP. Anyone run into this issue? Thanks in advance.
Are you, perchance, known as Guy on the Roon chat board?  Someone named Guy is in the same dilemma.  Guy posted the photo of his Roon audio setup, which I have shown here with a red circle around the Devialet Roon Ready area.  Unless I am mistaken, the Roon Ready area for your Devialet is accessing your device through Ethernet, unless you have set up WiFi for the Devialet. (Devialet doesn’t permit simultaneous Ethernet and WiFi connections – it’s binary.) Roon is seeing your device on the network, so it’s got to be via one or the other, methinks!
[Image: a1Gm4]

RE: No ethernet input - avta - 14-Nov-2019

(14-Nov-2019, 14:03)Flashman Wrote:
(13-Nov-2019, 21:44)avta Wrote: I am unable to see the Ethernet input with on 140 pro. I have activated it in the configuration file. I've tried to connect an ethernet cable and without but in either case no input available when I cycle through the inputs. I'm using Roon of late. Both Roon and the Devialet are set to DHCP. Anyone run into this issue? Thanks in advance.
Are you, perchance, known as Guy on the Roon chat board?  Someone named Guy is in the same dilemma.  Guy posted the photo of his Roon audio setup, which I have shown here with a red circle around the Devialet Roon Ready area.  Unless I am mistaken, the Roon Ready area for your Devialet is accessing your device through Ethernet, unless you have set up WiFi for the Devialet. (Devialet doesn’t permit simultaneous Ethernet and WiFi connections – it’s binary.) Roon is seeing your device on the network, so it’s got to be via one or the other, methinks!
Yes that's me. I've received a lot of good help like yours and have finally understood things better.

Guy

RE: No ethernet input - Flashman - 14-Nov-2019

(14-Nov-2019, 17:25)avta Wrote:
(14-Nov-2019, 14:03)Flashman Wrote:
Yes that's me. I've received a lot of good help like yours and have finally understood things better.

Guy
Enjoy, Guy!

RE: No ethernet input - avta - 14-Nov-2019

(14-Nov-2019, 09:43)ogs Wrote:
(13-Nov-2019, 23:14)avta Wrote: CRC6715
{
  "_modelName":220,
  "_isSlave":false,
  "_slaveIndex":1,
  "_hasSlave":false,
  "_version":9,
  "_productName":220,

Make sure you select the right model in Configurator. Is your amp a 140? It appears you are using a config made for a 220
Thanks for that observation. I will double check but from the file it looks like you are correct.

RE: No ethernet input - Antoine - 15-Nov-2019

@avta I’m not sure if you’ve realized but there’s a WiFi password/key showing In your config copy-paste here. Not sure if it’s yours but if it is you might want to change it if you think that’s wise. Smile

RE: No ethernet input - Rufus McDufus - 15-Nov-2019

(15-Nov-2019, 16:19)Antoine Wrote: @avta I’m not sure if you’ve realized but there’s a WiFi password/key showing In your config copy-paste here. Not sure if it’s yours but if it is you might want to change it if you think that’s wise. Smile

Well spotted ! I edited it out.

No ethernet input - avta - 15-Nov-2019

Thanks Rufus. I missed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk