Devialet Chat
Premier and Reactor in one app? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Phantom I (103 DB, 108 DB, Premier Classic, Silver & Gold) (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Phantom-I-103-DB-108-DB-Premier-Classic-Silver-Gold)
+--- Thread: Premier and Reactor in one app? (/Thread-Premier-and-Reactor-in-one-app)

Pages: 1 2

Premier and Reactor in one app? - Per - 15-Dec-2019

Hello everybody, 

I am the owner of 2 Golds in my livingroom, still working on Dos1. Today i wanted to buy 2 additional reactors 900 for my diningroom and make the switch to Dos 2 to let the 4 speakers work together in the Devialet app. I want the 4 speakers to play together the same music without delays because the rooms are openly connected to each other. When i arrived this afternoon in the shop there are two salesmen who told me that this is not possible.....They said that you cannot play them together, only one pair at the time. I thought this is a little bit strange, but was to afraid to buy the new pair of Reactors at that moment. I would like to know what are the facts regarding my wishes? I constantly check this forum but so many things have been said regarding this issue that i don't know what the current possibilities are. 

Thanks in advance,
Perry 

RE: Premier and Reactor in one app? - ditdot - 15-Dec-2019

(15-Dec-2019, 14:23)Per Wrote: Hello everybody, 

I am the owner of 2 Golds in my livingroom, still working on Dos1. Today i wanted to buy 2 additional reactors 900 for my diningroom and make the switch to Dos 2 to let the 4 speakers work together in the Devialet app. I want the 4 speakers to play together the same music without delays because the rooms are openly connected to each other. When i arrived this afternoon in the shop there are two salesmen who told me that this is not possible.....They said that you cannot play them together, only one pair at the time. I thought this is a little bit strange, but was to afraid to buy the new pair of Reactors at that moment. I would like to know what are the facts regarding my wishes? I constantly check this forum but so many things have been said regarding this issue that i don't know what the current possibilities are. 

Thanks in advance,
Perry 
@Per, I only have my two golds, but if I recall correctly while reading, this is not currently possible, but a feature coming back in the future with a follow-on software update.

RE: Premier and Reactor in one app? - DesertEagleAZ - 15-Dec-2019

Devialet are working on multi-room next which basically means introducing AirPlay 2 to the Phantom line. It is currently possible to stream via AirPlay to both pairs with a source like Apple Music/iTunes on a Mac or Roon. Maybe others can add clarification for Windows and Android usage scenarios.

AirPlay 2 is meant to arrive no later than spring.

Premier and Reactor in one app? - Oodle - 15-Dec-2019

(15-Dec-2019, 14:23)Per Wrote: Hello everybody, 

Thanks in advance,
Perry 

This would have to be introduced with airplay 2 as that would handle interspeaker model synced playback. A rep said it would be here in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Premier and Reactor in one app? - Per - 16-Dec-2019

Hi there, 

Thank you all for your response! What a pity that they introduce a new app to fit all speakers in one, while it is not possible to use them together or seperate at the same moment. And that we need an Apple to fix this solutions. But it is as it is, so i have to wait till a new update with Airplay 2. But DesertEagleAZ, when you stream to both is the sound than in sync?

RE: Premier and Reactor in one app? - DesertEagleAZ - 17-Dec-2019

@Per yes, the sound is in sync if your network topology doesn't mess with the data flow. But you would need to use iTunes/Apple Music on a Mac, or another solution like Roon as the protocol Devialet currently supports with the Phantoms is AirPlay 1, meaning no multi-room from iOS.

For what it's worth I've been using my two Gold Phantoms in Stereo with other Airplay end points via Roon and it's been rock solid. If you want to use a Mac but not iTunes/Apple Music you could probably also try a little app called "AirFoil" which uses AirPlay 1 as well and gives you more flexibility with streaming sources.

Clarification Edit: Seems like AirFoil is also available for Windows. This would allow you to stream CD quality audio from any app to all of your speakers.

RE: Premier and Reactor in one app? - raph972 - 17-Dec-2019

(15-Dec-2019, 16:28)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: Devialet are working on multi-room next which basically means introducing AirPlay 2 to the Phantom line. It is currently possible to stream via AirPlay to both pairs with a source like Apple Music/iTunes on a Mac or Roon. Maybe others can add clarification for Windows and Android usage scenarios.

I can guarantee you that Airplay 2 has nothing to do with Devialet's multiroom implementation. They will provide a solution that works for all Phantom users, not just Apple Phantom users.
Airplay 2 will probably come one day to Devialet products, but it is not related to their multiroom solution.

RE: Premier and Reactor in one app? - Per - 17-Dec-2019

(17-Dec-2019, 13:38)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: @Per yes, the sound is in sync if your network topology doesn't mess with the data flow. But you would need to use iTunes/Apple Music on a Mac, or another solution like Roon as the protocol Devialet currently supports with the Phantoms is AirPlay 1, meaning no multi-room from iOS.

For what it's worth I've been using my two Gold Phantoms in Stereo with other Airplay end points via Roon and it's been rock solid. If you want to use a Mac but not iTunes/Apple Music you could probably also try a little app called "AirFoil" which uses AirPlay 1 as well and gives you more flexibility with streaming sources.

Clarification Edit: Seems like AirFoil is also available for Windows. This would allow you to stream CD quality audio from any app to all of your speakers.
Hi DesertEagleAZ, thanks again for your response. Roon is a good solution but i thought with the new app there was no need for other software. Maybe in the future when it takes to long? The app. Airfoil is a nice suggestion, it works also on my Windows PC,( i don't have a mac. but use a Iphone XS and Ipad pro for streaming to my Gold mostly ) So Airplay is very welcome. But till that time is Airfoil also a good option for streaming from my PC to every device. Nice software Smile   Thanks again for your advice.!

RE: Premier and Reactor in one app? - Per - 17-Dec-2019

(17-Dec-2019, 20:23)raph972 Wrote:
(15-Dec-2019, 16:28)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: Devialet are working on multi-room next which basically means introducing AirPlay 2 to the Phantom line. It is currently possible to stream via AirPlay to both pairs with a source like Apple Music/iTunes on a Mac or Roon. Maybe others can add clarification for Windows and Android usage scenarios.

I can guarantee you that Airplay 2 has nothing to do with Devialet's multiroom implementation. They will provide a solution that works for all Phantom users, not just Apple Phantom users.
Airplay 2 will probably come one day to Devialet products, but it is not related to their multiroom solution.
Hi Raph972, thanks for the feedback, yes that is why i thought, from a new app, to control all my speakers...... The 2 Golds and maybe the 2 new Reactors.... without Airplay 2. So we have to be patienced. And it would be great Multiroom, and Airplay 2.

RE: Premier and Reactor in one app? - DesertEagleAZ - 18-Dec-2019

(17-Dec-2019, 20:23)raph972 Wrote:

I've heard otherwise. Let's see what happens.

@Per: of course man, hope you're ending up with a solution that's right for you Smile