Devialet Chat
Phantom Premier Owners - Upgraded to DOS2 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: What The Polls Say (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-What-The-Polls-Say)
+--- Thread: Phantom Premier Owners - Upgraded to DOS2 (/Thread-Phantom-Premier-Owners-Upgraded-to-DOS2)

Pages: 1 2

Phantom Premier Owners - Upgraded to DOS2 - Snoopy8 - 10-Jan-2020

Checking to see how many Phantom Premier Owners have upgraded to DOS2.  

I haven't because I am not convinced that DOS2 will give me any benefits, maybe a slight sound improvements.  Plus not convinced that all DOS2 issues have been resolved.

RE: Phantom Premier Owners - Upgraded to DOS2 - scotthar - 10-Jan-2020

Upgraded Yes, but not happy with DOS2. Very unstable.

1) Need to run setup 50% of the time to use it and that might require powercycle of everything - including your network infrastructure.
2) Remote will not pair (again).

Question for others: Would be interested if you are running DOS2 what do your network connections look like? are they working not working?
PLC, WIFI, Ethernet?

For example: router with AP, connected to a switch, dialog, 2 phantoms , and 1 media server plugged into the Ethernet switch.
like this: https://imgur.com/a/qDOfEMg
Is not working for me under DOS2 but worked very well for DOS1.

RE: Phantom Premier Owners - Upgraded to DOS2 - kantblue - 12-Jan-2020

Upgraded single Phantom Premier to DOS2 - very pleased - seems stable and the sound is better IMHO. I did have to make some changes to the way I listen to music but nothing too drastic - switched to using UPNP and Plex (which I already had) and so far no problems.

I am thinking of getting a second-hand Classic so I can go to stereo but can't comment on that side of things. Its frustrating because there seem to be quite a few Silvers and Golds out there (ebay etc) but not many Classics and I can't afford a new one at the moment!

So its a positive from me.

kantblue

PS slight buzz I had on optical input with my turntable also seems to have gone with DOS2 - no idea why that would be but another plus for me.

RE: Phantom Premier Owners - Upgraded to DOS2 - Mohmm - 12-Jan-2020

My upgrade to DOS 2 went smoothly and I keep my Dialog, because I prefer optical as an input. My first impression is positive. The sound may be slightly better than with DOS 1 and the soundstage improved a bit.
I am now on 2.8.5.

That was a stereo pair of Golds, connectd by ethernet. I expected the remote not to work, an in fact it doesn't.

Is there a way to make the remote work again?

RE: Phantom Premier Owners - Upgraded to DOS2 - struts - 16-Jan-2020

(12-Jan-2020, 15:57)Mohmm Wrote: That was a stereo pair of Golds, connectd by ethernet. I expected the remote not to work, an in fact it doesn't.

Hi @Mohmm, You may want to check out this thread.

RE: Phantom Premier Owners - Upgraded to DOS2 - Mohmm - 17-Jan-2020

(16-Jan-2020, 21:19)struts Wrote:
(12-Jan-2020, 15:57)Mohmm Wrote: That was a stereo pair of Golds, connectd by ethernet. I expected the remote not to work, an in fact it doesn't.

Hi @Mohmm, You may want to check out this thread.

I forgot to mention that after a while and after doing the re-connection procedure above one of the phantoms, the remote worked again. I am very happy.

RE: Phantom Premier Owners - Upgraded to DOS2 - msg - 31-Jan-2020

I upgraded a pair of phantom classics and dialog to DOS2. I retained the dialog for its airplay feature. But the system was unstable, so I removed the dialog, thinking simplifying the Devialet system would improve stability. For airplay connectivity I connected an airport express to one of the phantoms via the optical input. The system is much less stable. VERY frustrating and disappointing.

RE: Phantom Premier Owners - Upgraded to DOS2 - streamy - 31-Jan-2020

(31-Jan-2020, 00:10)msg Wrote: I upgraded a pair of phantom classics and dialog to DOS2. I retained the dialog for its airplay feature. But the system was unstable, so I removed the dialog, thinking simplifying the Devialet system would improve stability. For airplay connectivity I connected an airport express to one of the phantoms via the optical input. The system is much less stable. VERY frustrating and disappointing.
Maybe we should state here in the forum a strong warning to upgrade to DOS2 for those that have a well working DOS1 Devialet Phantom system.

Phantom Premier Owners - Upgraded to DOS2 - msg - 03-Feb-2020

(31-Jan-2020, 23:27)streamy Wrote:
(31-Jan-2020, 00:10)msg Wrote: I upgraded a pair of phantom classics and dialog to DOS2. I retained the dialog for its airplay feature. But the system was unstable, so I removed the dialog, thinking simplifying the Devialet system would improve stability. For airplay connectivity I connected an airport express to one of the phantoms via the optical input. The system is much less stable. VERY frustrating and disappointing.
Maybe we should state here in the forum a strong warning to upgrade to DOS2 for those that have a well working DOS1 Devialet Phantom system.

I assume you meant a strong warning *not* to upgrade. I would agree. My system was more stable before the upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Phantom Premier Owners - Upgraded to DOS2 - Snoopy8 - 03-Feb-2020

@msg have you tried 2.9, which has just been released?