Devialet Chat
Summary of Known Devialet Issues - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Support Desk (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Support-Desk)
+--- Thread: Summary of Known Devialet Issues (/Thread-Summary-of-Known-Devialet-Issues)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Summary of current Devialet issues - markush - 08-May-2020

Expert Pro losing IP address every few days when using Ethernet connection - This is driving me crazy :-(

RE: Summary of current Devialet issues - Delija - 08-May-2020

Have you tried with some other router?

Summary of current Devialet issues - marco.kohler.169 - 08-May-2020

Disable wifi, I had the same issue

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

RE: Summary of current Devialet issues - mdconnelly - 08-May-2020

I set a static IP and no longer see the problem.

RE: Summary of current Devialet issues - petrik - 09-May-2020

(08-May-2020, 16:30)markush Wrote: Expert Pro losing IP address every few days when using Ethernet connection - This is driving me crazy :-(

This is caused by a bug in the current FW. Please contact Devialet’s support on this.

RE: Summary of current Devialet issues - bernardl - 10-May-2020

I still have occasional drop outs/scratching sound (as if buffer ran out) when using Roon Air over cabled ethernet.

That is less frequent after having set a fixed IP address for the Devialet and having moved to a Melco S100 with 100 Mbit ethernet ports, downsampling to 96/24 in Roon, but it still occurs sometimes. I am using audio grade short ethernet cables from the Melco to the Devialet so I think the env is pretty optimized.

For me this is by far the #1 issue because it impacts music replay itself.

Cheers,
Bernard

RE: Summary of current Devialet issues - Coffee_fan - 11-May-2020

(05-May-2020, 20:56)Chrisey22 Wrote: Has anyone had problems with drop outs while playing music? I have a 220 expert pro .
I have drop-outs every every hour or so. AIR stops the connection to my D200 and I have to manually re-select it. After that playback resumes normally until it happens again. Happens more often when I am streaming high res from Tidal, not sure whether the issue is the old Mac I use or Devialet AIR protocol giving up on high-res from time to time. Fortunately little to no crackling.

RE: Summary of current Devialet issues - JohnnySix - 11-May-2020

Mine usually goes silent when moving from a High-Res to a standard-Res file (but not every time). I have to disable/re-enable the Devialet AIR output to bring it back. (I made an "AutoIt" script to do it more quickly).
I have also started to experience two periods of temporary silence for a few seconds every couple of hours.

RE: Summary of current Devialet issues - Manfred - 11-May-2020

I use AIR also for the audio part of a video. I use 5GHz Wifi instead of Ethernet.

Using Devialet AIR with JRiver Media Center (MC) crashes in the following situation:

Good Case: Playing episode 1 which is part of a series. Using stop before video ended. Start playing episode 2. Everything is fine.
Bad   Case: Playing episode 1 which is part of a series. Using MC capabilities to automacially start episode 2 after episode 1 ended. AIR crashes. One has sometimes to put off the power of my Niagara 1000 to get it rework.

1Gb Ethernet does not work with AIR.

RE: Summary of current Devialet issues - deviousalet - 14-May-2020

While I complained that "CI models don't allow wired Ethernet and Wi-Fi to be used concurrently" Devialet finally explained to me that one reason for that it that it is required for Airplay certification so I no longer consider it a bug even though I miss it as a feature. I just blame Apple for this one.