Devialet Chat
I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet (/Thread-I-just-want-to-have-a-good-old-moan-about-Devialet)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet - Flashman - 02-Feb-2020

Unfortunately, each time I get a Twitter feed from Devialet it's featuring Phantom.  That's the company's current focus, along with a smart speaker and some possible mobile applications.    

RE: I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet - Rocketmannequin - 03-Feb-2020

My 220 Pro with CI board works perfectly with Roon and I have no complaints. But I do feel like a fool for having bought into the infinite upgradability marketing. It seems there’s little return to them on spending more time on the Expert line and Devialet’s viability will depend on the success of the Phantom and other co-branding initiatives for a wider, less high fidelity market.

RE: I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet - K4680 - 07-Feb-2020

„Hands on with Devialet's vision for in-car audio“

https://www.whathifi.com/features/devialet-wants-to-crack-the-in-car-audio-market-by-using-fewer-speakers

Rolleyes

I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet - no32 - 07-Feb-2020

(07-Feb-2020, 17:03)K4680 Wrote: „Hands on with Devialet's vision for in-car audio“

https://www.whathifi.com/features/devialet-wants-to-crack-the-in-car-audio-market-by-using-fewer-speakers

Rolleyes

I like it
+ 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet - Cylob - 09-Feb-2020

If it involves software they have anything to do with I would think twice...

RE: I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet - Antoine - 03-Oct-2020

This thread really needs a bump, so here it is! Big Grin

RE: I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet - Confused - 04-Oct-2020

(03-Oct-2020, 14:11)Antoine Wrote: This thread really needs a bump, so here it is! Big Grin

How dare you come in here bumping this thread.  Angry  I really need to moan about this.

I mean, there there is moaning in more or less every other thread on this forum at the moment, why on earth would we want more moaning here?  I particularly like the Expert Alternatives thread, some guy starts a sensible thread to look at alternatives, I was quite looking forward to see what might be posted there.  I thought we might get some interesting ideas, comparisons and insights.  This hasn't happened, but we have got some excellent moans about Devialet there, so why the hell do we need more moans on a dedicated moaning thread, particularly pointless moans like this one?  Angry

Most of the recent posts are about pending new software.  OK, we do have a dedicated thread for that, but we know Devialet are rubbish at software, so even if an update does arrive next week we already know it will be rubbish, and even if it does work and isn't rubbish, it still wont have all the features that I want, which will be rubbish.   Angry

I would also like to moan about myself moaning at Antoine.  Isn't there enough moaning about at the moment anyway, without me moaning at Antoine?   Huh

And the weather is terrible here at the moment, it has done nothing but rain for the entire weekend.  I went to a shop yesterday and had to queue outside in the rain, that was rubbish too.   Angry

It's all rubbish and terrible.  I think I will stop typing now and listen to some music, that might cheer me up.  I hope the Devialet remote app is working today ....

RE: I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet - Antoine - 04-Oct-2020

Brilliant! Well moan away! Big Grin Big Grin

I’d like to moan BTW about me not moaning yesterday in my bump post. I mean what was I thinking being subtle and all in this moaning thread. There really can’t be enough moaning in this thread if it helps keep other threads clean from anyone moaning everywhere else and since we can’t start moaning about anyone moaning everywhere else, everywhere else we have to moan about that right here. And if anyone disagrees I’d like to moan about that in advance.

Tongue

RE: I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet - awkaplan - 04-Oct-2020

(04-Oct-2020, 11:33)Antoine Wrote: Brilliant! Well moan away! Big Grin Big Grin

I’d like to moan BTW about me not moaning yesterday in my bump post. I mean what was I thinking being subtle and all in this moaning thread. There really can’t be enough moaning in this thread if it helps keep other threads clean from anyone moaning everywhere else and since we can’t start moaning about anyone moaning everywhere else, everywhere else we have to moan about that right here. And if anyone disagrees I’d like to moan about that in advance.

Tongue

I'm going back and forth after two years of ownership of a 140, almost.  I've had a series of second, often lesser amps, and have a little firecracker Atoll on the way to toy with.  I love what I hear, but I have my own issues with the company and I get concerned that in a year or two, I may not be able to even have it serviced, and recently they refused to replace my remote (or even offer to sell me a new one) as it's delaminating.  Perhaps it's the crisis.

RE: I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet - mdconnelly - 04-Oct-2020

Ah, wonderful!  A bit of levity goes a long way these days.  Thanks @Confused and @Antoine for the laugh!   Gotta keep it all in perspective.

So to that end, I want to be first to moan about whatever issues arise from whatever is to be released tomorrow or, if nothing is released, a moan for that.  There, now I can rest better this coming week having already gotten that out of the way.