Devialet Chat
SF Olympica IIIs - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Speakers (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Speakers)
+--- Thread: SF Olympica IIIs (/Thread-SF-Olympica-IIIs)

Pages: 1 2 3

SF Olympica IIIs - sfdude - 17-Jan-2020

Does anyone have these speakers paired with their Devialet? Which Devialet do you have? Are you using SAM or not with it and curious what your impressions are with it on vs. off. 

Will be taking possession of these speakers in my large family room soon, after hearing a demo at a local dealer. Not too worried about acoustics in my room but definitely liked the overall sonic picture these paint.

RE: SF Olympica IIIs - iamwappie - 17-Jan-2020

I have the IIs and it is a great combination. I have SAM on by default but for serious listening I turn it off as it has a slight sound difference in the mids I don't like. i would describe it as less clarity although very small. SAM should have no influence on this frequency range but it does. Maybe this is more or less audible per speaker.

RE: SF Olympica IIIs - Axel - 18-Jan-2020

I also use Olympica ll with my 440 pro amps. I have SAM turned on at 20%. I love the sound and think that Sonus faber produce some of the best looking speakers out there.

RE: SF Olympica IIIs - BoyScout - 18-Jan-2020

(17-Jan-2020, 01:22)sfdude Wrote: Does anyone have these speakers paired with their Devialet? Which Devialet do you have? Are you using SAM or not with it and curious what your impressions are with it on vs. off. 

Will be taking possession of these speakers in my large family room soon, after hearing a demo at a local dealer. Not too worried about acoustics in my room but definitely liked the overall sonic picture these paint.
I had, a year ago.
But didn´t love the sound, a bit veiled and lack of detail (separation of instruments, is the right expression, maybe).
I´m a SF fan and decided to try a stand speaker and now i´m quite happy.

RE: SF Olympica IIIs - sfdude - 19-Jan-2020

Thanks iamwappie and Axel. Axel, you use Gaia II feet. How does that work with the angel of the front being higher than the rear?

BoyScout, thanks for the thoughts on your experience. Will confirm whether my Olympica IIIs have a “separation of instruments” issue. This indicates the IIs may be more optimized for this with the lower number of drivers.

RE: SF Olympica IIIs - Axel - 19-Jan-2020

(19-Jan-2020, 07:28)sfdude Wrote: Thanks iamwappie and Axel. Axel, you use Gaia II feet. How does that work with the angel of the front being higher than the rear?

BoyScout, thanks for the thoughts on your experience. Will confirm whether my Olympica IIIs have a “separation of instruments” issue. This indicates the IIs may be more optimized for this with the lower number of drivers.
Hi @sfdude. When one of our members very kindly bought me a set of Gaias over from Canada, I asked him to bring a long set of 4 studs for the fronts of the speakers. Because the parts of the Gaias that touch the floor are articulated, they accommodate the lean angle and work perfectly. I also use the dedicated spike cups as I have carpet with thick underlay.

RE: SF Olympica IIIs - sfdude - 20-Jan-2020

Thanks @Axel. I'll likely be looking at a set of Gaia IIs. I believe when I purchased my Gaia IIIs for the current speakers I have, the seller I received them from sent me an extended length set. Hopefully when I get a set of the IIs for the Olympicas shortly, they will fit. They state M8x1.25, length 54.4mm. Are these the right length ones?

RE: SF Olympica IIIs - sfdude - 12-Feb-2020

Finally got around to setting these up. Wow. With the 220 Pro CI, this combination is absolutely marvelous. Low volume listening not great but didn't do poorly in any one area in terms of overall balance. When played at normal levels (I have it at -25 through -20 volume range), there is an outstanding presentation by these speakers that absolutely takes my breath away.

I'm curious what sort of toe-in you have on your Sonus Faber speakers, Olympica IIIs at that.

Link to pictures of my system.

RE: SF Olympica IIIs - Axel - 12-Feb-2020

[attachment=3890 Wrote:sfdude pid='90113' dateline='1579545865']Thanks @Axel. I'll likely be looking at a set of Gaia IIs. I believe when I purchased my Gaia IIIs for the current speakers I have, the seller I received them from sent me an extended length set. Hopefully when I get a set of the IIs for the Olympicas shortly, they will fit. They state M8x1.25, length 54.4mm. Are these the right length ones?
Sorry, dude, I missed this post. Yes, these are the correct studs to give the amount of back tilt to match the original spikes. 
Glad you’re enjoying your speakers. I have my speakers toed in to aim at a point 400mm from each ear, but this was done with trial and error. I advise you to set your speakers up before you put the Gaias on as they are much easier to move with the original spikes on.

From my perspective:
Edit: I’ve tried several times to get rid of the smaller photo, but with no luck.

RE: SF Olympica IIIs - NickTMS - 12-Feb-2020

+ 1 for the Isoacoustics Gaia ll's, they transformed my Olympica IIs. I have also heard the III's on the end of the 440 and the bass sounded excellent.