Devialet Chat
DOS 2.9.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Phantom I (103 DB, 108 DB, Premier Classic, Silver & Gold) (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Phantom-I-103-DB-108-DB-Premier-Classic-Silver-Gold)
+--- Thread: DOS 2.9.0 (/Thread-DOS-2-9-0)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - DesertEagleAZ - 12-Feb-2020

I’m in dialog with them. Sent them a video. They asked for more logs. Will report back here with any news.

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - Mhuusko - 13-Feb-2020

Need to reset my Phantom Golds a couple of times every day...frustration level just increasing...

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - quartz78 - 13-Feb-2020

@Mhuusko do you also use AirPlay and it happens after a couple of hours (or minutes?) of playback, as for @andrewmg and @DesertEagleAZ ?

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - seb - 13-Feb-2020

Sorry to hear that some have issues. Mine (2x Phantom White w/o Airplay plus Dialog with Airplay) worked reasonably well with 2.8.5 (occasional self-reboot of one of the speakers). Update to 2.9.0 went smooth and I have no issues so far. Using Dialog (wired to Router and Mac Mini) with Wireless/PLC to Phantoms (Synced with each other via PLC) mainly streaming UPnP and occasionally Airplay. Enjoying very much the increase in power and fidelity by DOS 2. Was definitely worth the upgrade for me.

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - interestedphantom - 14-Feb-2020

With 2.9.0 I have distinctly worse stability that 2.8.3. The speakers regularly (within an hour of use) disappear and have to be reset. Very frustrating. I've had such hopes for the new firmware.

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - Mhuusko - 14-Feb-2020

(13-Feb-2020, 21:44)quartz78 Wrote: @Mhuusko do you also use AirPlay and it happens after a couple of hours (or minutes?) of playback, as for @andrewmg and @DesertEagleAZ ?

Yes I'm playing using Airplay from my Roon Server.

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - Castle - 14-Feb-2020

Same problems for me with the same setup as Mhuusko

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - DesertEagleAZ - 14-Feb-2020

I can only recommend to send a bug report to Devialet. Go to the Devialet App, hit the gear icon, "Help", "Report a Problem". Describe your issue and add your email address. Hit send. An indicator will appear in the upper right. It takes around 5 minutes to gather all the logs and send them to Devialet, don't close the app in that time.

I've been able to send info to Devialet like this and the devs seem to be looking actively at my issues with garbled/dropped sound.

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - interestedphantom - 17-Feb-2020

Oddly, I did another reset of everything and suddenly the Devialet software indicated it was doing another firmware update. However, the firmware version at the end was exactly the same (2.9.0). However, after that it seems to work consistently!
Very strange, but I’m happy it’s working again.

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - Snoopy8 - 17-Feb-2020

(17-Feb-2020, 21:34)interestedphantom Wrote: Oddly, I did another reset of everything and suddenly the Devialet software indicated it was doing another firmware update. However, the firmware version at the end was exactly the same (2.9.0). However, after that it seems to work consistently!
Very strange, but I’m happy it’s working again.
Maybe it did not update properly in the first place???  Glad to hear it is working for you.