Devialet Chat
DOS 2.9.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Phantom I (103 DB, 108 DB, Premier Classic, Silver & Gold) (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Phantom-I-103-DB-108-DB-Premier-Classic-Silver-Gold)
+--- Thread: DOS 2.9.0 (/Thread-DOS-2-9-0)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - Jamington2004 - 18-Feb-2020

Can I ask are the people with issues connecting their speakers together via Ethernet cable? Or PLC?

I have some golds on latest DOS on the way and rather hoping they will be stable on PLC or ethernet! ?

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - struts - 18-Feb-2020

(18-Feb-2020, 20:03)Jamington2004 Wrote: Can I ask are the people with issues connecting their speakers together via Ethernet cable? Or PLC?

I have some golds on latest DOS on the way and rather hoping they will be stable on PLC or ethernet! ?

2x 2017 Golds here on wifi (on 5GHz and both close to and line-of-sight to the access point).  They have both been completely stable under 2.8.3 and are still under 2.9.0 (TOUCH WOOD)!  

I really can't make head or tail of all the reports here.  As far as I can see folks are reporting problems with pretty much all inputs with all versions of the firmware and with all vintages of hardware.   I can't discern any pattern.  Wifi will always be subject to congestion, pollution, clutter etc. and PLC will always be subject to whatever else is going on in your mains so both can be problematic in MDUs like large apartment blocks where both airwaves and mains circuits are shared by many.  But ethernet should in theory be pretty much immune to these effects - and yet some people report problems even with that connection.  

It seems to be a total crapshoot.  And I have no idea at all why my particular configuration has been "blessed".   Huh Huh Huh 

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - Jamington2004 - 18-Feb-2020

Thanks. I had golds before with dialogue on the old DOS and had no issues at all over PLC

Fingers crossed Smile

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - Olivier4444 - 18-Feb-2020

I can't stand those updates anymore.

DOS 1
never had any issue whatsoever

DOS 2 (2.8.3)
lost multi room
got stereo sync issue with 2 Golds

DOS 2 (2.8.5)
no more sync issue
was able to get around multi room with Roon (3 golds)

DOS 2 (2.9.0)
sync issue is back worse than ever
one of the stereo pair often shuts off randomly (need to reset every time)
multi room (3 Golds) does not work any more with Roon (after 30 min playing)

Today 2 out 3 golds have been unplugged given all these issues. this is really getting too frustrating.

NB
All Golds are closeby the wifi router and set on auto (wifi/CPL)
I encounter all these issues on wifi or CPL alone

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - Jamington2004 - 19-Feb-2020

PLC you mean? Have you tried ethernet to see if it fixes it?

Am becoming increasingly worried about deciding to give Devialet another go Smile Smile

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - DesertEagleAZ - 19-Feb-2020

Even after connecting my two Golds via Ethernet I still experience the issues described earlier in this thread. Devialet have downgraded my Phantoms to 2.8.5 now and all seems well. My garbled sound issues apparently had to do with a fix for "AirPlay piano crackles" that I never had. I will beta test any new software Devialet releases next to make sure this issue doesn't affect more users in the future.

For now everything's back up running smoothly again.  Wink

Edit: I want to add that Devialet has been super constructive and forthcoming with this issue. They reached out to me after I submitted the bug report thru the web interface.

DOS 2.9.0 - msg - 20-Feb-2020

After updating to DOS 2.8.5 then 2.9.0 and having huge instability issues (e.g., volume reset, speaker drop out, device disappearance from the Devialet app, etc.), I finally achieved a stable system by minimizing the number of possible sources of instability (which included eliminating use of Dialog, which appeared unstable). The stable system consists of two Phantom classics plugged into the same surge protector and using PLC. All audio gets fed into the system via a single optical cable into one of the Phantoms. The audio signal is fed from a sound mixer, into which all audio sources are connected. The sound mixer eliminates the need to change sources in the Devialet system (e.g., optical, Bluetooth, etc.). Switching inputs seemed to introduce instability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - Olivier4444 - 21-Feb-2020

(19-Feb-2020, 15:58)Jamington2004 Wrote: PLC you mean? Have you tried ethernet to see if it fixes it?

Am becoming increasingly worried about deciding to give Devialet another go Smile Smile

I have not tried Ethernet yet but i will give it a try. 
If i plug my iMac to ethernet too, does it mean sound will travel through ethernet and not airplay anymore ? I suspect Airplay to be unstable...

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - DesertEagleAZ - 21-Feb-2020

(21-Feb-2020, 10:16)Olivier4444 Wrote:
(19-Feb-2020, 15:58)Jamington2004 Wrote: PLC you mean? Have you tried ethernet to see if it fixes it?

If i plug my iMac to ethernet too, does it mean sound will travel through ethernet and not airplay anymore ? I suspect Airplay to be unstable...

AirPlay has nothing to do with means of transport. You can use AirPlay between a Mac and an AirPlay endpoint if both are connected via Ethernet. My Golds, in fact my whole system, has been rock solid ever since going back to 2.8.5 using AirPlay with Roon playing to six (!) endpoints simultaneously. Two of those endpoints are Devialet speakers in stereo as indicated below Smile

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - Olivier4444 - 21-Feb-2020

(21-Feb-2020, 12:06)DesertEagleAZ Wrote:
(21-Feb-2020, 10:16)Olivier4444 Wrote:

AirPlay has nothing to do with means of transport. You can use AirPlay between a Mac and an AirPlay endpoint if both are connected via Ethernet. My Golds, in fact my whole system, has been rock solid ever since going back to 2.8.5 using AirPlay with Roon playing to six (!) endpoints simultaneously. Two of those endpoints are Devialet speakers in stereo as indicated below Smile
My system was stable with Roon but not since the 2.9.0 update 
are you saying it is possible to go back to 2.8.5 ???