Devialet Chat
DOS 2.9.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Phantom I (103 DB, 108 DB, Premier Classic, Silver & Gold) (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Phantom-I-103-DB-108-DB-Premier-Classic-Silver-Gold)
+--- Thread: DOS 2.9.0 (/Thread-DOS-2-9-0)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - DesertEagleAZ - 22-Feb-2020

(21-Feb-2020, 18:27)Olivier4444 Wrote:
(21-Feb-2020, 12:06)DesertEagleAZ Wrote:
(21-Feb-2020, 10:16)Olivier4444 Wrote: I have not tried Ethernet yet but i will give it a try. 
If i plug my iMac to ethernet too, does it mean sound will travel through ethernet and not airplay anymore ? I suspect Airplay to be unstable...

AirPlay has nothing to do with means of transport. You can use AirPlay between a Mac and an AirPlay endpoint if both are connected via Ethernet. My Golds, in fact my whole system, has been rock solid ever since going back to 2.8.5 using AirPlay with Roon playing to six (!) endpoints simultaneously. Two of those endpoints are Devialet speakers in stereo as indicated below Smile
My system was stable with Roon but not since the 2.9.0 update 
are you saying it is possible to go back to 2.8.5 ???

Yes, the only downgrade not possible is to DOS1. Contact Devialet Support (help.devialet.com) or send a bug report from the Devialet app (Gear Icon -> Help -> Report a Problem). Describe your issue, send them your serial numbers and ask for a possible downgrade. They can help you.

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - Olivier4444 - 22-Feb-2020

(22-Feb-2020, 11:32)DesertEagleAZ Wrote:
(21-Feb-2020, 18:27)Olivier4444 Wrote:
(21-Feb-2020, 12:06)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: AirPlay has nothing to do with means of transport. You can use AirPlay between a Mac and an AirPlay endpoint if both are connected via Ethernet. My Golds, in fact my whole system, has been rock solid ever since going back to 2.8.5 using AirPlay with Roon playing to six (!) endpoints simultaneously. Two of those endpoints are Devialet speakers in stereo as indicated below Smile
My system was stable with Roon but not since the 2.9.0 update 
are you saying it is possible to go back to 2.8.5 ???

Yes, the only downgrade not possible is to DOS1. Contact Devialet Support (help.devialet.com) or send a bug report from the Devialet app (Gear Icon -> Help -> Report a Problem). Describe your issue, send them your serial numbers and ask for a possible downgrade. They can help you.
Thanks So much ! I will call them back on monday !

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - ofrappier - 23-Feb-2020

Hi,

With DOS 2.9.0, the minimum Stereo stable latency i can get is : 190ms to 80ms, not 60ms.

80ms is great.

I don't follow official Devialet TUTORIAL :

First : i create a Stereo ROOM in configuration.

Then, I plug Optical input to one Devialet Reactor 600, and i use an Ethernet Cable between the one and the second, and the communicate between them (left and right) even if WIFI is OFF Smile (after Stereo configuration , i can switch off wifi , and just use optical cable and ETHERNET for STEREO between the 2 Reactor)

The Ethernet liaison between Right and Lefet seems to be more stable in Stereo, and i can reach 80ms stable minimum latency.

I don't understand why Devialet don't speak about this Ethernet soluce in Stereo, that i think more stable than Wifi between left and right.

Regards,

Olivier F.

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - suur13 - 23-Feb-2020

Are you sure it uses ethernet, not PLC ?

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - ofrappier - 23-Feb-2020

Hi,

I'm sure it use the ethernet cable Smile

Because if i shut down WIFI, it work always, and i f i unplug ethernet Cable, the second Speaker doesn't produce anymore sound. If i replug ETHERNET cable with Wifi OFF, the second speaker works againSmile

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - suur13 - 23-Feb-2020

I did not mean WiFi, but PLC, over powerline. But cable unplugging is good test and you may be right.

DOS 2.9.0 - Jon - 23-Feb-2020

What I am finding is that if I reboot my router then I need to re-do all of my phantom set-ups. Once I re-do phantom set-ups then everything seems to work fine.
What I mean by that is if you're having trouble with 1 (or more speakers) then it seems like you have to do 7+ second button press on th back of each speaker to factory reset each speaker and then re-do the set up for all speakers.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - invictus005 - 26-Feb-2020

Sound quality has gone to shit with DOS 2.9.0 on Phantom Golds. Migration to DOS 2 as well as every single firmware upgrade has altered the sound. This is annoying, but tolerable. So long as the actual sound quality remains as good or gets better.

DOS 2 reduced the impact of bass slightly, this was with 2.8.3. When 2.8.5 came out, a noticeable downgrade in sonic quality was apparent. Mostly in treble and upper midrange clarity.

2.9.0 has turned the speakers into a mess. There’s a serious lack of clarity in the treble and upper midrange. Coherency is no longer there. The treble used to be sharp, distinct, yet pleasant. The midrange clear and open with a perfect blend with the tweeter. The tweeter now sounds recessed (or at least part of its range is) and the midrange no longer sounds like it’s one continuous sound with the tweeter.

This is no good Devialet. If a new flagship Phantom Premier comes out, they can intentionally downgrade the sound of all other speakers to make the new one sound best.

I don’t give a shit about people having stability issues, or crackles in some piano sounds. These last two firmwares and especially the latest one has seriously downgraded the sound quality of a $6000 flagship product. Devialet, you better seriously and quickly get your act together and correct this mess immediately. Or start refunding. Consider this a final warning.

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - DesertEagleAZ - 26-Feb-2020

(26-Feb-2020, 07:31)invictus005 Wrote: I don’t give a shit about people having stability issues, or crackles in some piano sounds.

Stop stating things you feel subjectively as facts. And don’t expect any sympathy for your personal issues if you “don’t give a sh*t about [other] people having stability issues”. FWIW, I highly doubt anything you wrote reflects reality.

RE: DOS 2.9.0 - invictus005 - 26-Feb-2020

(26-Feb-2020, 08:53)DesertEagleAZ Wrote:
(26-Feb-2020, 07:31)invictus005 Wrote: I don’t give a shit about people having stability issues, or crackles in some piano sounds.

Stop stating things you feel subjectively as facts. And don’t expect any sympathy for your personal issues if you “don’t give a sh*t about [other] people having stability issues”. FWIW, I highly doubt anything you wrote reflects reality.
That’s right. I couldn’t care less about crackling piano, or anything else for that matter, if audio quality is compromised. When one pays $6000 for a stereo setup, that sound better be exactly as it was on the purchase day, or better.