Devialet Chat
No Air for macOS Catalina? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: No Air for macOS Catalina? (/Thread-No-Air-for-macOS-Catalina)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: No Air for macOS Catalina? - WillyWortel - 02-Apr-2020

I've downgraded my Macbook Pro with a clean install to Mojave. Devialet should indeed take their responsibilities. As a high end brand I can't believe they leave their customers in the cold. I've already contacted them but they told "they are working on that...".

About Roon, I would only consider Roon when needed on a server/streamer/... not as a player on portable/desktop. Once tried a demo (on macbook), I couldn't hear a difference soundwise and for me there were too many bells & whistles. I'm a fan of Audirvana, clean and a fair price of €99,22.

RE: No Air for macOS Catalina? - CongoFather - 08-Apr-2020

(02-Apr-2020, 19:38)WillyWortel Wrote: I've downgraded my Macbook Pro with a clean install to Mojave. Devialet should indeed take their responsibilities. As a high end brand I can't believe they leave their customers in the cold. I've already contacted them but they told "they are working on that...".

About Roon, I would only consider Roon when needed on a server/streamer/... not as a player on portable/desktop. Once tried a demo (on macbook), I couldn't hear a difference soundwise and for me there were too many bells & whistles. I'm a fan of Audirvana, clean and a fair price of €99,22.

It is good to hear that it works for you. Now you can continue upgrading your system step by step and make it work on Catalina with Direct Mode Enabled.

RE: No Air for macOS Catalina? - ICUDoc - 21-Aug-2020

I have Roon on my Mac with Catalina.
Will that stream via wifi to my Expert 440?

RE: No Air for macOS Catalina? - ogs - 21-Aug-2020

(21-Aug-2020, 03:51)ICUDoc Wrote: I have Roon on my Mac with Catalina.
Will that stream via wifi to my Expert 440?

Yes, I believe it will (I'm not a Mac user...). And with a 440 you'll also be able to try RAAT. AIR should work the same as with your 400.

RE: No Air for macOS Catalina? - thumb5 - 21-Aug-2020

Being a Mac user, I'll confirm @ogs' reply.  And to clarify: you'll be able to try RAAT provided your 440 is fitted with the Core Infinity board, otherwise you'll still be able to use Roon's built-in support for AIR.

RE: No Air for macOS Catalina? - ICUDoc - 21-Aug-2020

(21-Aug-2020, 09:29)thumb5 Wrote: Being a Mac user, I'll confirm @ogs' reply.  And to clarify: you'll be able to try RAAT provided your 440 is fitted with the Core Infinity board, otherwise you'll still be able to use Roon's built-in support for AIR.
Thanks so much for your replies, team.
I got Roon up and running via WiFi, but the crackles and dropouts are absolutely atrocious so I gave up.

No Air for macOS Catalina? - PeppaPig - 21-Aug-2020

My AIR is working on Catalina... it shouldn’t... I installed it on Majovo and upgraded it to Catalina, and I found AIR is still working.

RE: No Air for macOS Catalina? - garyUK - 22-Aug-2020

My Mac pro has Devialet AIR 3.04 installed. However, I've not tried it with my 440Pro as I use roon and have the roon server/core installed on my QNAP NAS.
What I do know is the 440 Pro appears in the Devialet AIR settings on my Mac.

Looking at the DevialetAIRAudioDriver via System Report shows it is 64-Bit but isn't notarised and was Obtained from an Identified Developer

That suggests that it would need to be notarised in order to install on Catalina without a problem but usually software that doesn't install appears in System Preferences > Security & Privacy and you can tell it to Open Anyway.

I can't say whether I installed Devialet AIR before or after upgrading to Catalina.

I think I'm one of the few? who have problems with ethernet with their Devialet but WiFi works fine so I stream using roon (ipad client) from my NAS to the 440 using AIR.
I've never tried RAAT yet.

If I get a chance I might be able to try from my Mac.

RE: No Air for macOS Catalina? - Phoenix - 02-Nov-2020

Hello Guys ! I tried to install Air 3.0.5 on Mac OS 10.15.7... Impossible to charge the virtual sound card... Am I the only one in this case?

RE: No Air for macOS Catalina? - aftonomos - 03-Nov-2020

(02-Nov-2020, 11:48)Phoenix Wrote: Hello Guys ! I tried to install Air 3.0.5 on Mac OS 10.15.7... Impossible to charge the virtual sound card... Am I the only one in this case?

If by "charge" you mean activate  I had the sam problem.  New AIR version installed but stayed disabled.  Got advice from Devialet to unplug and plug in my 220 PRO 3 times and it worked.  Now able to activate AIR but he sound quality is unacceptable with pops, crackles. Just using Air Play to stream,  works perfectly.