Devialet Chat
mConnect not seeing Phantom - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Phantom I (103 DB, 108 DB, Premier Classic, Silver & Gold) (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Phantom-I-103-DB-108-DB-Premier-Classic-Silver-Gold)
+--- Thread: mConnect not seeing Phantom (/Thread-mConnect-not-seeing-Phantom)

Pages: 1 2

mConnect not seeing Phantom - Eggman - 06-Mar-2020

Here’s my setup: Downstairs, 2 Phantom Golds with Dialog and running DOS1, as no multi room function. Upstairs, a new solo Phantom Gold running DOS2. When trying to stream Tidal through UPnP, mConnect sometimes sees the Phantoms under “Play To,” but mostly it doesn’t. Any tips? Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: mConnect not seeing Phantom - streamy - 06-Mar-2020

(06-Mar-2020, 16:30)Eggman Wrote: Here’s my setup: Downstairs, 2 Phantom Golds with Dialog and running DOS1, as no multi room function. Upstairs, a new solo Phantom Gold running DOS2. When trying to stream Tidal through UPnP, mConnect sometimes sees the Phantoms under “Play To,” but mostly it doesn’t. Any tips? Much appreciated.

A costly solution is to go the Roon path and use streamers like Raspberry Pi‘s attached to the Phantoms through optical (requires add-on boards like the hifiberry digi+ or compatible boards). Cost is around 100 Euros per RPi + audio board) so two in your case and an annual fee of 120 USD per year for Roon (or 700 USD for lifetime). Pros: It works well, Roon will give you a great user experience, still intact expectation is that Devialet will deliver in not so far future Roon compatible Phantom firmware update that the RPi‘s won‘t be necessary anymore.

RE: mConnect not seeing Phantom - kantblue - 07-Mar-2020

Hi Eggman

When the Phantoms don't appear - what do do to get it to work again?

It happens with me very occasionally, but I just press the 'refresh' button and they appear.

Have you tried any other apps to see if they have the same issue?

Is this the free mconnect or the paid for version?

Have you tried rebooting your router? Are there any UPNP settings in the router other than Off/On ?

kantblue

mConnect not seeing Phantom - Eggman - 09-Mar-2020

(06-Mar-2020, 22:58)streamy Wrote:
(06-Mar-2020, 16:30)Eggman Wrote: Here’s my setup: Downstairs, 2 Phantom Golds with Dialog and running DOS1, as no multi room function. Upstairs, a new solo Phantom Gold running DOS2. When trying to stream Tidal through UPnP, mConnect sometimes sees the Phantoms under “Play To,” but mostly it doesn’t. Any tips? Much appreciated.

A costly solution is to go the Roon path and use streamers like Raspberry Pi‘s attached to the Phantoms through optical (requires add-on boards like the hifiberry digi+ or compatible boards). Cost is around 100 Euros per RPi + audio board) so two in your case and an annual fee of 120 USD per year for Roon (or 700 USD for lifetime). Pros: It works well, Roon will give you a great user experience, still intact expectation is that Devialet will deliver in not so far future Roon compatible Phantom firmware update that the RPi‘s won‘t be necessary anymore.

Thanks - I may get there yet with roon. Still hoping for a cheaper solution!

mConnect not seeing Phantom - Eggman - 09-Mar-2020

(07-Mar-2020, 11:42)kantblue Wrote: Hi Eggman

When the Phantoms don't appear - what do do to get it to work again?

It happens with me very occasionally, but I just press the 'refresh' button and they appear.

Have you tried any other apps to see if they have the same issue?

Is this the free mconnect or the paid for version?

Have you tried rebooting your router? Are there any UPNP settings in the router other than Off/On ?

kantblue

It’s the paid mconnect version. I toggled UPnP off then on in the router app and the phantoms appeared. Interesting. Hope I don’t have to do that every time.

RE: mConnect not seeing Phantom - kantblue - 09-Mar-2020

Hi Eggman

Have you checked your router firmware is up to date?

My router is is a bit odd with UPNP I actually have it turned off after it has discovered any devices I need, it seems more reliable that way - I know that makes no sense!

kantblue

mConnect not seeing Phantom - Eggman - 10-Mar-2020

(09-Mar-2020, 19:00)kantblue Wrote: Hi Eggman

Have you checked your router firmware is up to date?

My router is is a bit odd with UPNP I actually have it turned off after it has discovered any devices I need, it seems more reliable that way - I know that makes no sense!

kantblue

The router is an Eero so it updates automatically. But since I toggled the router UPnP off and on it seems to find them now — thanks, everyone!

mConnect not seeing Phantom - Eggman - 19-Mar-2020

The problem is back, but the weird thing is my iPad mconnect app immediately sees the Phantoms. So it can’t be my router or the Phantoms. It has to be the iPhone or the iPhone app.

mConnect not seeing Phantom - Jon - 16-Apr-2020

Are the phantoms on PLC or wifi? I was having issue not finding phantoms on network because they were connected via PLC. Once I set to WiFi they always show up on the network

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

RE: mConnect not seeing Phantom - Eggman - 17-Apr-2020

(16-Apr-2020, 01:34)Jon Wrote: Are the phantoms on PLC or wifi? I was having issue not finding phantoms on network because they were connected via PLC. Once I set to WiFi they always show up on the network 

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Hey Jon, how do you determine that? Is there a switch on the app somewhere? 

I have two Golds still using Dialog, because I have a multi-room setup. The one in the bedroom, with which I'd like to use UPnP, is of the newer variety (DOS2), so it's in its own ecosystem, not recognized by the other Phantoms or Spark. And the mConnect problem has returned. It's so weird that they pop up on mConnect on iPad but not iPhone.