Devialet Chat
Where to configure SAM % - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Speakers (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Speakers)
+--- Thread: Where to configure SAM % (/Thread-Where-to-configure-SAM)

Pages: 1 2

Where to configure SAM % - aproo - 21-May-2020

Receiving my D220 Pro tomorrow and playing around with the configurator. I can select my speakers to enable SAM but can't seem to find where the % is set which everyone seems to be talking about. Could someone point me to it?

RE: Where to configure SAM % - Confused - 21-May-2020

aproo Wrote:Receiving my D220 Pro tomorrow and playing around with the configurator. I can select my speakers to enable SAM but can't seem to find where the % is set which everyone seems to be talking about. Could someone point me to it?
You cannot set SAM % in the configurator.  If SAM itself is selected in the configuration, then you can use the Devialet remote to scroll through menu options shown on the screen of the amp, so bass, treble etc.  you will then get to SAM %.  You can adjust the SAM % with the Devialet remote, in real time, whilst listening.  If you then settle on say SAM 50%, the amp remembers this, and will be at SAM 50% (or whatever) each time you turn the amp on.  The amp will retain your chosen SAM %, but you can experiment by adjusting it whenever you want.

RE: Where to configure SAM % - pvanosta - 21-May-2020

I believe this is done using the remote while looking at the display on the Devialet. Click the TONE button a few times until you see a SAM % option or something like it. Then turn the knob to adjust the SAM%

RE: Where to configure SAM % - David A - 21-May-2020

You set the % for SAM with the remote control in the same way that you set the tone controls.

When you press the tone control button on the remote you will cycle through several options: Balance, Bass, Treble, SAM, and then a list of other items. You advance through those options with each button press so the 4th press on the tone control button brings you to SAM. Turn the big rotary knob (the volume control under normal circumstances) clockwise to increase the SAM % and counter-clockwise to reduce it. SAM is actually active and doing phase correction at a setting of 0%, as you increase the % you're dialling in more bass extension. If you have a SAM profile loaded and you want to turn SAM off you can configure the Remote in the Configurator so that the Mute button toggles SAM on and off rather than muting the amp or you can use the tone control button and move to that list I mentioned and move down the list to SAM which will be shown as "On". A counter-clockwise turn of the rotary dial will turn SAM off and a clockwise turn will turn it back on.

RE: Where to configure SAM % - aproo - 21-May-2020

(21-May-2020, 12:55)David A Wrote: You set the % for SAM with the remote control in the same way that you set the tone controls.

When you press the tone control button on the remote you will cycle through several options: Balance, Bass, Treble, SAM, and then a list of other items. You advance through those options  with each button press so the 4th press on the tone control button brings you to SAM. Turn the big rotary knob (the volume control under normal circumstances) clockwise to increase the SAM % and counter-clockwise to reduce it. SAM is actually active and doing phase correction at a setting of 0%, as you increase the % you're dialling in more bass extension. If you have a SAM profile loaded and you want to turn SAM off you can configure the Remote in the Configurator so that the Mute button toggles SAM on and off rather than muting the amp or you can use the tone control button and move to that list I mentioned and move down the list to SAM which will be shown as "On". A counter-clockwise turn of the rotary dial will turn SAM off and a clockwise turn will turn it back on.

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated!

RE: Where to configure SAM % - Axel - 22-May-2020

As I have said before: the quickest way to get to the Sam on/off feature using the remote is to press the tone control once, then press the source button once. Then, as @David A says: anti clockwise on the remote to turn Sam off, and clockwise to turn on.

RE: Where to configure SAM % - Vivialet - 22-May-2020

I have configered SAM on/off to the middle button. Then I can toggle SAM very easy by pressing this button, the tone control is still avialble with a long press on the button.

RE: Where to configure SAM % - Axel - 22-May-2020

(22-May-2020, 14:14)Vivialet Wrote: I have configered SAM on/off to the middle button. Then I can toggle SAM very easy by pressing this button, the tone control is still avialble with a long press on the button.
I can’t see the point of sacrificing the middle button to turn SAM on and off. How do you mute your amp?

RE: Where to configure SAM % - Vivialet - 22-May-2020

I'm never muting my amps. I have the pause button of the Roon remote for this. The right button is used to turn my sub on/off.
And I can still access the tone control menu by pressing the middle button for 2 seconds. Which is hardly used...
Muting would of course make sense if I had a turntable which is not the case.
I only wanted to point out the possibility of the double function assignment with the long button push.
You could also assign Mute to the middle button and you can still assign the tone controls with that long press.
The default assigns the tone controls to the right button which is a waste of a button.

RE: Where to configure SAM % - David A - 22-May-2020

@Axel

Like Vivialet, I don't mute the system, I pause playback in Roon. Roon is my only input so I can pause or mute as I choose and I'd rather pause playback than mute it.

You can configure the remote to a limited degree in the Configurator as well as configuring the amp. Different people are using different sources and have different preferences. I've got my remote's middle button configured to mute because I don't use SAM but when I've tried using SAM I've set the middle button to toggle SAM on and off because I find that useful and mute not useful. YMMV. Set things up in the way that works best for you but it definitely helps to know all the ways you can set things up when you're trying to find what works best for you.