Devialet Chat
JRiver for Mac & Devialet Air Ethernet - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: JRiver for Mac & Devialet Air Ethernet (/Thread-JRiver-for-Mac-Devialet-Air-Ethernet)

JRiver for Mac & Devialet Air Ethernet - wikeeboy - 15-Jan-2015

Hoping someone can provide some help.

I have JRiver for mac running on my mac mini. It accesses my NAS via ethernet.

I'm trying to use JRiver and stream the music to my Devialet via Air.

In JRiver for mac there is either the normal core audio setting, or a Devialet core audio option. Which one am i meant to select?

I have tried both settings and then played some music. I then select Devialet Air in the toolbar to activate Devialet Air but no music plays. I have tried iTunes and also YouTube through my web browser and when i select Devialet Air the music plays through the Devialet so it seems Air works for other programs.

I just can't seem to work out how to use JRiver and Devialet Air together. What am i doing wrong??

Thanks for your help. 

RE: JRiver for Mac & Devialet Air Ethernet - amabrok - 15-Jan-2015

check this thread, it has tons of info about jriver, tweaks, etc

http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Jriver-and-Devialet

RE: JRiver for Mac & Devialet Air Ethernet - ErikM - 22-Jan-2015

(15-Jan-2015, 13:17)wikeeboy Wrote: Hoping someone can provide some help.

In JRiver for mac there is either the normal core audio setting, or a Devialet core audio option. Which one am i meant to select?

I have tried both settings and then played some music. I then select Devialet Air in the toolbar to activate Devialet Air but no music plays. I have tried iTunes and also YouTube through my web browser and when i select Devialet Air the music plays through the Devialet so it seems Air works for other programs.

I just can't seem to work out how to use JRiver and Devialet Air together. What am i doing wrong??

Thanks for your help. 

Devialet core.. and the link previously posted should get you there..

RE: JRiver for Mac & Devialet Air Ethernet - Axel - 04-Apr-2015

(15-Jan-2015, 13:17)wikeeboy Wrote: Hoping someone can provide some help.

Thanks for your help. 
Hi Wikeeboy,

I've just gone over to an iMac and am having exactly the same problems as you describe.  Did you find a fix? If so can you help me please?

Cheers,

Al.

RE: JRiver for Mac & Devialet Air Ethernet - NickB - 04-Apr-2015

I tried and got exactly the same result - think it is a Yosemite/JRiver/Air problem which might be difficult to sort.

Had a laptop which worked fine with iTunes/Air without any white noise even - as soon as JRiver was put on instead of iTunes got this result.

Built a complete new Mac install and got the same result so some incompatibility for sure.

RE: JRiver for Mac & Devialet Air Ethernet - wikeeboy - 04-Apr-2015

Sorry, didn't get it working. Now i use a modded Sonos as my source instead, no problems at all Smile

I know it is very frustrating though for anyone wanting to use JRiver/JRemote which is a really good program and app (remote).

(04-Apr-2015, 13:05)wikeeboy Wrote: Sorry, didn't get it working. Now i use a modded Sonos as my source instead, no problems at all Smile

I know it is very frustrating though for anyone wanting to use JRiver/JRemote which is a really good program and app (remote).

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I have a Sonos connect in my system.  So, can it be modified to play high resolution files? Where did you get it modded and, if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost? 

Cheers, 

Al.

RE: JRiver for Mac & Devialet Air Ethernet - hk6230 - 04-Apr-2015

As far as I know, modded Sonos Connect does not play anything above 16/44.1 bitrates.

Just come across this:
http://rogueamoeba.com/freebies/soundflower/

A virtual interconnect.

I've got JRiver working with iMac/ Devialet.  It's got a dose of the chipmunks at the moment, but hopefully it's a configuration problem....