Devialet Chat
Expert Remote App is not working any more - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Expert Remote App is not working any more (/Thread-Expert-Remote-App-is-not-working-any-more)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Expert Remote App is not working any more - David A - 12-May-2021

(12-May-2021, 00:30)liu.scottie Wrote: I had to install Roonlabs player on my Mac and it works. Roon is a subscription music service though.

Ronn is not a "subscription music service". Roon is music server software which can play your own music files or access music from services like Tidal or Qobuz if you have a subscription with them, or from internet radio stations. Roon isn't even a music service.

As far as paying for Roon goes, you can do so either by a yearly or lifetime subscription. The only music you can play with Roon without subscribing to a subscription service such as Tidal or Qobuz is music from your own files or from internet radio stations. Tidal and Qobuz are subscription music services and to stream from them you have to pay them a subscription whether or not you're using Roon. You don't pay Roon anything extra over your Roon subscription in order to use Roon to stream from Tidal or Qobuz. In fact you don't pay Roon anything in order to screen music from any source. What you pay Roon for is simply the right to use Roon's software..

RE: Expert Remote App is not working any more - DAVEDWACK - 21-May-2022

Hi folks,
Long time lurker on here, not posted too much at all! Not really had any real reason to.

I realise of course that this is a rather old thread resurrection, but maybe somebody can help me out.

Am I the only person who is unable to get the Devialet Expert Remote App to work?

It certainly used to work up until perhaps a month or so ago but now all I get is “No Devialet found, make sure both Devialet and iPhone are on the same network and that your Devialet is ON”

This msg appears on the 3 phones I’ve tried. I’ve deleted and re added the App, switched phones on off but all without success. My feeling is I’m missing something obvious locally as I’m sure there would have been more folk on here with the issue if it was software/App related.

If anyone has any suggestions or is able to help I’d be most grateful.

Cheers…..Dave

RE: Expert Remote App is not working any more - mdconnelly - 21-May-2022

There is a setting in the Expert app to use Local Network (on iPhone, Settings -> scroll down and select Expert in the list of apps. Although I do think it defaults to On, that could certainly be an issue if not.

RE: Expert Remote App is not working any more - DAVEDWACK - 22-May-2022

Hi,
Thanks for your reply but, yes I’d already checked that. It’s a mystery so far but perhaps somebody else may pop along with a suggestion or two.

Cheers anyway…..Dave

RE: Expert Remote App is not working any more - kantblue - 22-May-2022

Hi Dave
I'm sure you will have already done this but you didn't mention it.

Have you restarted your router? Also check if there has been a firmware update to the router around the same time you started having problems.

i'm not familiar with the app at all but if its available on Android do you have a friend who could try this on an Android Phone - this would help eliminate router/network issues if it worked?

Kantblue

RE: Expert Remote App is not working any more - DAVEDWACK - 22-May-2022

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Yes I did restart the router and I believe it to be setup to do any upgrades automatically, but I’ll re-check anyway.

Good call regarding the android phone, never thought of that at all. Biggest problem for me? Trying to think of somebody who uses one! I’m sure I’ll find somebody local and I’ll report back with any news.

Cheers….Dave

RE: Expert Remote App is not working any more - Damon - 23-May-2022

Hi @DAVEDWACK

I've only had issues with the iPhone app when the amp itself wasn't connected to my wifi network. Check for the symbol in the window, and see if there is a line through it. Even with the correct network and password I had issues, and restarting the amp solved the problem. Unplug, wait 30 seconds and plug it in again. A simple on-off might not do it.

I did check the settings in the configuration file, and it was correct. For some reason the amp never quite got onto the bus with the rest of the system. So complete brain-cleanse with no power for a minute might smarten it up.

The app is sluggish, but I've had it work reliably for a long time now.

RE: Expert Remote App is not working any more - DAVEDWACK - 25-May-2022

Hi Damon,

Thanks for your help, no issues with the config card, wifi etc.

For some months now I’ve just been switching my amp into sleep mode rather than powering off fully, especially since the wall plug is almost inaccessible behind my cabinet. Of course I have full access to the cable at the amp end but a bit loathe to use that end on a regular basis as it’s always felt to me to be a quite loose fit.

Anyway I’m feeling quite adventurous today, so took your advice and yanked the cable out, waited 30 seconds plugged it back in guess what? Great stuff, thanks very much!!

It’s quite weird really, if I get any kind of issues the first thing I’d normally do as a starter is to power everything off. I guess I’d completely forgotten that the Devialet’s do seem to react differently when unplugged completely.

Once again, many thanks and Cheers…….Dave

RE: Expert Remote App is not working any more - Damon - 25-May-2022

Wow, that is great. And very unusual that I can help anybody with anything technical, especially the very complex issues like power cables. But sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

RE switching the amp off, or into sleep mode, I almost never turn it off. It is on the default sleep, or low power mode, whatever it is, and I just stop playing music and let it do whatever it does.

I had the no wifi, no app situation for quite a while, and it really puzzled and annoyed me. I assumed the app no longer worked with whatever update the phone had adopted. Like you, config and wifi network and password checked and rechecked.

Very pleased we've solved this one.

Cheers,

RE: Expert Remote App is not working any more - Mohmm - 19-Aug-2022

(19-Sep-2020, 20:51)Musicmanlv Wrote:
(19-Sep-2020, 19:57)iamwappie Wrote:
(18-Sep-2020, 13:18)ada Wrote: That's not my concern. I am fine to wait for a month if I know that the problem was gonna be fixed.

1) Mac OS Catalina released more than a year ago, we can't still install the Devialet AIR to it. Big Sur is on the way and we won't be able to install it to that either. Please tell me how long should I wait? I am not looking for who caused the problem, I am looking for a solution as the customer.

2) Devialet made an annoucement for their Phanton users to not to update to 14 and they announced also they have a fix for Phanton app. Where is this announcement for the Expert line?

3) Ignore all my message, I will wait for one or two weeks and I will come here and apologize from you and Devialet in case that they release a new Expert Remote version.

4) What if I am right about my concerns? I am tired of seeing people supporting Devialet's play about situations.

My demand is simple, I bougth a product from a company and it is still under warranty, two of the features that are promoted in their website and in the product manual are NOT working. And I don't care who caused the problem. As equal as a Phantom customer, I want to know if my concern is being addessed or not. How hard to cover Expert product line in this message if they already know the same problem is exist for their other product: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016468560-iOS-14-support-warning

I am not demanding something crazy, I am just asking that is already being done for Phantom to be done for Expert too. Or I want to know if my product is oblesulte now. It is that simple! Please don't advise me about waiting for one or two weeks, we are waiting Devialet to fix things for more than 2 years, I won't listen these advices as they are non-sense!

Maybe we should join forces and file a lawsuit or class act. I put my money on that we can prove neglect in court. I don't have the cash though but certainly would be interesting to see how such a case turns out.

I would be happy to contribute, they are still selling the product and therefore selling it knowing it’s no longer fit for purpose.

What does that say about Devialet, they are a compete bunch of crooks....
I am shocked by what tone is entering this discussion forum. Can it be that you are from a competing company, Musicmanlv?