Devialet Chat
Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note (/Thread-Firmware-13-2-0-DOS-2-2-6-for-Expert-Pro-Release-note)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - ada - 09-Oct-2020

Order a mic, measure the response in REW and run REW EQ to calculate an EQ treatment. It will give you all the params you need Freq, Q and Gain. You will apply that to your config and you are good to go.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - ogs - 09-Oct-2020

(09-Oct-2020, 13:00)Out of Gum Wrote: I guess i will be ordering a UMIK then.

Yes, take a look at this: https://cross-spectrum.com/measurement/calibrated_umik.html

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - BoyScout - 09-Oct-2020

(09-Oct-2020, 13:04)ada Wrote: Order a mic, measure the response in REW and run REW EQ to calculate an EQ treatment. It will give you all the params you need Freq, Q and Gain. You will apply that to your config and you are good to go.
Please, would you let me know where to write the params we need? Where is that file, in the configurator? No. In the new firmware?
How to find it?

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - alandbush - 09-Oct-2020

(09-Oct-2020, 16:53)BoyScout Wrote:
(09-Oct-2020, 13:04)ada Wrote: Order a mic, measure the response in REW and run REW EQ to calculate an EQ treatment. It will give you all the params you need Freq, Q and Gain. You will apply that to your config and you are good to go.
Please, would you let me know where to write the params we need? Where is that file, in the configurator? No. In the new firmware?
How to find it?

Extracted from the Devialet Sweet room web page

I've got my desired setting. How can I apply it to the Expert Pro?

Simply edit the eq.txt file and save it. Then copy and paste it to the root directory of your SD Card with your Expert configuration file.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - Dan - 09-Oct-2020

What’s a root directory? Is that the same as copy and paste to the sd card?

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - ogs - 09-Oct-2020

Same place as the dp_cfg.txt file is. Root dir in this context is top level directory on the SD card.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - arnoveldhoven - 09-Oct-2020

(06-Oct-2020, 16:41)mdconnelly Wrote: I won't have a chance to download this update until probably this weekend.    Has anyone had a chance to try it while playing hi-res music via Roon RAAT on a gigabit ethernet connection?    Their release notes state "improvements in Roon Ready..." and do not explicitly state a solution to this bug.    I will certainly test once I get a chance.

I tried it but my problem stays the same. Dropouts while playing music.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - Bartype - 09-Oct-2020

(08-Oct-2020, 22:20)Dan Wrote: I would be curious if anyone out there has tried the sweet room DSP and can compare the SQ to measuring your room and generating filters in REW and adding them in ROON? Is the sound quality better if the DSP is done in the Devialet? It certainly is easier to generate several sets of filters in REW put them in ROON and then you can quickly A/B them.

Well, i have tried put a simple one frequency setting within Roon and exactly the same settings within sweet room. I can tell Roon is sounding much better with this same setting compared to Sweet room, which sounds flat... Or i am doing something wrong.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - BoyScout - 10-Oct-2020

(09-Oct-2020, 17:32)alandbush Wrote:
(09-Oct-2020, 16:53)BoyScout Wrote: Please, would you let me know where to write the params we need? Where is that file, in the configurator? No. In the new firmware?
How to find it?

Extracted from the Devialet Sweet room web page

I've got my desired setting. How can I apply it to the Expert Pro?

Simply edit the eq.txt file and save it. Then copy and paste it to the root directory of your SD Card with your Expert configuration file.

Thanks alandbush,
I read it several times and didn't notice the eq.txt at the bottom of the page. Cool

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - alandbush - 10-Oct-2020

(09-Oct-2020, 23:03)Bartype Wrote:
(08-Oct-2020, 22:20)Dan Wrote: I would be curious if anyone out there has tried the sweet room DSP and can compare the SQ to measuring your room and generating filters in REW and adding them in ROON? Is the sound quality better if the DSP is done in the Devialet? It certainly is easier to generate several sets of filters in REW put them in ROON and then you can quickly A/B them.

Well, i have tried put a simple one frequency setting within Roon and exactly the same settings within sweet room. I can tell Roon is sounding much better with this same setting compared to Sweet room, which sounds flat... Or i am doing something wrong.

Not all equalisers use the same formulae and Roon and Sweet Room are different.

For example

Roon
For the Peaking filters the bandwidth in Hz between the half gain points is given by:

Bandwidth = centre frequency/Q

100hz  6db  Q=7.079

Sweet Room
For the Peaking filters the bandwidth in Hz between the half gain points is given by:

Bandwidth = sqrt(gain)*centre frequency/Q

100hz  6db  Q=10

As you can see, the Q values are different in generating the same filter shape.

You can convert Roon filters to Sweet Room filters by using REW.
Within REW, select EQ tab, choose the 'Generic' equaliser for Roon, enter the filter values then change the equaliser to 'Rephase'.