Devialet Chat
Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note (/Thread-Firmware-13-2-0-DOS-2-2-6-for-Expert-Pro-Release-note)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - agentsmith - 06-Oct-2020

hmm

They did not even bother to create an interface into the EQ settings?

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - ewaucq - 06-Oct-2020

(06-Oct-2020, 16:00)agentsmith Wrote: hmm

They did not even bother to create an interface into the EQ settings?

Yes, fully manual by editing text file by hand. 
Mind you I think I prefer doing this that relying on a buggy app...

At the end of the FAQ page (https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016719679), there's a link to a ZIP with 4 examples including screenshots: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/360017173359/Sweet_Room_Package.zip

I find it useful, example: 
Code:
// Name for this EQ configuration
"NAME":"LEVEL1",

// Simple 6dB cut @ 100 Hz on both channels
// syntax:"EQ_x_L":[Frequency, dB_gain, Q_factor] for left channel
// syntax:"EQ_x_R":[Frequency, dB_gain, Q_factor] for right channel
"EQ_1_L":[100.0, -6.0, 10.0],
"EQ_1_R":[100.0, -6.0, 10.0],

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - mdconnelly - 06-Oct-2020

I won't have a chance to download this update until probably this weekend. Has anyone had a chance to try it while playing hi-res music via Roon RAAT on a gigabit ethernet connection? Their release notes state "improvements in Roon Ready..." and do not explicitly state a solution to this bug. I will certainly test once I get a chance.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - petrik - 06-Oct-2020

The room correction feature is a very nice and pleasant surprise. I think it's a good and reasonable solution, since it functionally does the room correction and they were able to release it within a reasonable amount of time. People can take measurements and do filter design for example in REW. No longer we need to contact customer support each time we want to apply some custom EQ like room correction. It is much easier and faster to do it by ourselves now. Of course, it could be enhanced in the future by making a nice user interface for it.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - Soniclife - 06-Oct-2020

Wow, was not really expecting this, finally room EQ.

I know the txt file looks clunky to a lot of people, but the good news is a community produced tool to take output from REW and create the correct file should be simple to produce.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - ogs - 06-Oct-2020

(06-Oct-2020, 16:44)petrik Wrote: The room correction feature is a very nice and pleasant surprise. I think it's a good and reasonable solution, since it functionally does the room correction and they were able to release it within a reasonable amount of time. People can take measurements and do filter design for example in REW. No longer we need to contact customer support each time we want to apply some custom EQ like room correction. It is much easier and faster to do it by ourselves now. Of course, it could be enhanced in the future by making a nice user interface for it.

I agree here. This is a very nice feature. Simply edit a file (eq.txt) with the EQ values and put it on the SD card. No user interface so only useful for those that know what they are doing Smile Proper hardcore!

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - Flashman - 06-Oct-2020

(06-Oct-2020, 18:07)Soniclife Wrote: Wow, was not really expecting this, finally room EQ.

I know the txt file looks clunky to a lot of people, but the good news is a community produced tool to take output from REW and create the correct file should be simple to produce.
Gee, text editing is so 1970s!  I would have preferred something like Dirac Live for a more user-friendly solution.  The more technically astute people probably don't care and value the different options.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - Soniclife - 06-Oct-2020

(06-Oct-2020, 18:21)ogs Wrote: No user interface so only useful for those that know what they are doing Smile Proper hardcore!
This is for Pro Experts only, not mere amateur experts.

(06-Oct-2020, 18:23)Flashman Wrote:
(06-Oct-2020, 18:07)Soniclife Wrote: Wow, was not really expecting this, finally room EQ.

Gee, text editing is so 1970s!  I would have preferred something like Dirac Live for a more user-friendly solution.  The more technically astute people probably don't care and value the different options.
I don't see how they could have done this, without a collaboration with a company like Dirac, it's a large undertaking, it would require a lot of software development, do you really want that? This is a huge leap forward, but it will require a lot of community support for some people.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - ogs - 06-Oct-2020

(06-Oct-2020, 18:23)Flashman Wrote:

Most Linux users will be very comfortable editing config files. Lots of that in 2020 too.. A UI on top of this would probably introduce bugs, but @Soniclife 's idea of a REW driven creation of the file is very good.