Devialet Chat
Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note (/Thread-Firmware-13-2-0-DOS-2-2-6-for-Expert-Pro-Release-note)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - arcam - 07-Oct-2020

(07-Oct-2020, 14:42)ada Wrote: 4) Reset the unit again
5) Let it start and try to connect and get an IP

if this guide solve your problem, that was an old bug that I have reported to them and it is not solved.

Thanks @ada, steps 4-5 did it.

Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - PeppaPig - 07-Oct-2020

(07-Oct-2020, 14:18)arcam Wrote: I don't know if anyone has noticed, but it seems a good thing to generate a new configuration when the power of the Pro increases after a firmware upgrade, because some power-related numbers are hardcoded into the config file.

I did not realize until now that my Pro was still configured with the power from 2 years ago.

What power increased from the firmware? There is no power watt change I think?

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - douglas - 07-Oct-2020

Running the firmware,  its stuck on Upgrading DOS for more than 5min already,  so frustrating

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - ada - 07-Oct-2020

(07-Oct-2020, 16:17)douglas Wrote: Running the firmware,  its stuck on Upgrading DOS for more than 5min already,  so frustrating

It takes some time, leave it alone for a while Smile Will ask you to click the front button when it is done.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - douglas - 07-Oct-2020

(07-Oct-2020, 16:18)ada Wrote:
(07-Oct-2020, 16:17)douglas Wrote: Running the firmware,  its stuck on Upgrading DOS for more than 5min already,  so frustrating

It takes some time, leave it alone for a while Smile Will ask you to click the front button when it is done.
Thank you

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - zaienk - 07-Oct-2020

(07-Oct-2020, 16:27)douglas Wrote:
(07-Oct-2020, 16:18)ada Wrote:

Thank you

if it's stuck more than 10 minutes, it means that the upgrade crashed. You have to try it again with an other SD Card.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - sfdude - 07-Oct-2020

Have just updated both units in my 440 Pro CI configuration. A word of caution or just confirmation from those who have upgraded dual units.

I used one SD card to try and update both. For some reason, after completing the upgrade of the first unit, I placed the SD card in the second unit and it wouldn't upgrade at all. Just went into Factory Config default mode on startup as a separate 220 unit.

To solve, I had to copy the files completely again to the SD card from my computer. Then placing it in the second unit finally kicks off the upgrade process. There's a file that gets erased, apparently, after you use the SD card once to upgrade a unit. (I believe it's fw.txt but I could be mistaken.) So the list of files required for the upgrade is incomplete after using it once already for an upgrade.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - hardcore - 07-Oct-2020

Sharing my experience upgrading my 1000 Pro CI.
Downloaded the new firmware ZIP file. Unzipped it to a folder.
Disconnected the power to both Devialets.
Copied the files to both my Master & Companion SD cards, leaving the original configuration files on the SD cards intact.
Only files on each card are new firmware files and old config file.
Inserted both SD cards back into the Devialets.
Turned on the power to both Devialets.
Both Devialets did the upgrade, taking several minutes (the DOS upgrading part takes a long time).
Upgrade on both successful! Press front power button on both units to shut them down.
Power on the Master unit again and both now work normally.

Also tested removing the power from both units, and restoring power. Both power up normally.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - aftonomos - 07-Oct-2020

Just updated firmware and DOS on my 220Pro- everything went smoothly and config file works.  No real noticeable change in SQ. 
Downloaded AIR for Mac with Catalina OS. update-during installation warning notice that this software will be incompatible with future versions of Mac OS.
Still no update for iOS app.

Also got an email from Devialet touting 6 Pro Core upgrade options.  All links in the email to details for upgrade ( and for Sweet Room) are dead with Safari, using Chrome able to get links to work taking me to Devialet  web page no information about a Core upgrade so it's all very confusing.  Is Devialet upgrading the CI upgrade or what?

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - Stino - 07-Oct-2020

Wow, thanks Devialet. Even though it is not as big as Dirac, it is a big improvement. Looking forward testing it in the weekend (using input from REW + mic recording)