Devialet Chat
Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note (/Thread-Firmware-13-2-0-DOS-2-2-6-for-Expert-Pro-Release-note)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - aftonomos - 07-Oct-2020

Also trying updated AIR for Mac. Sound is a disaster, hissing, pops, breaking up. Sticking with AirPlay, which works great.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - Antoine - 07-Oct-2020

(07-Oct-2020, 17:53)aftonomos Wrote: <cut>

Also got an email from Devialet touting 6 Pro Core upgrade options.  All links in the email to details for upgrade ( and for Sweet Room) are dead with Safari, using Chrome able to get links to work taking me to Devialet  web page no information about a Core upgrade so it's all very confusing.  Is Devialet upgrading the CI upgrade or what?

No upgrades for current Expert Pro. The email tries to seduce non ‘Pro’ model owners to upgrade.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - Damon - 07-Oct-2020

(07-Oct-2020, 17:06)sfdude Wrote: Have just updated both units in my 440 Pro CI configuration. A word of caution or just confirmation from those who have upgraded dual units.
To solve, I had to copy the files completely again to the SD card from my computer. Then placing it in the second unit finally kicks off the upgrade process. There's a file that gets erased, apparently, after you use the SD card once to upgrade a unit. (I believe it's fw.txt but I could be mistaken.) So the list of files required for the upgrade is incomplete after using it once already for an upgrade.

Yes, that is correct. The config files on the card are changed, with one file deleted, as you note. I don't understand any of the config stuff, but it has always been this way. The general advice has been to be thorough in deleting all the files on the card before using a new config file. For some it works to just empty the trash/ recycle bin (it works for me) and others have to reformat the card to get it completely clean. An oddity, but that procedure is part of the process. I tend to go years between config changes so I usually forget something.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - f1eng - 07-Oct-2020

(07-Oct-2020, 17:06)sfdude Wrote: Have just updated both units in my 440 Pro CI configuration. A word of caution or just confirmation from those who have upgraded dual units.

I used one SD card to try and update both. For some reason, after completing the upgrade of the first unit, I placed the SD card in the second unit and it wouldn't upgrade at all. Just went into Factory Config default mode on startup as a separate 220 unit.

To solve, I had to copy the files completely again to the SD card from my computer. Then placing it in the second unit finally kicks off the upgrade process. There's a file that gets erased, apparently, after you use the SD card once to upgrade a unit. (I believe it's fw.txt but I could be mistaken.) So the list of files required for the upgrade is incomplete after using it once already for an upgrade.

The Devialet changes the update file when it finishes the update, presumably to prevent it going into the update procedure if an owner forgets to delete the file.
I have always locked my SD card when updating two units ever since learning this.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - Musicmanlv - 07-Oct-2020

I’ve noticed now when logging on to my Devialet account my registered products have disappeared, anyon e have the same issue?

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - sfdude - 07-Oct-2020

(07-Oct-2020, 19:26)f1eng Wrote:

I used one SD card to try and update both. For some reason, after completing the upgrade of the first unit, I placed the SD card in the second unit and it wouldn't upgrade at all. Just went into Factory Config default mode on startup as a separate 220 unit.

The Devialet changes the update file when it finishes the update, presumably to prevent it going into the update procedure if an owner forgets to delete the file.
I have always locked my SD card when updating two units ever since learning this.
Ah, didn't know that as this is the first firmware upgrade I've actually done on the units. Good info about locking the write protect tab on the SD card!

(07-Oct-2020, 19:45)Musicmanlv Wrote: I’ve noticed now when logging on to my Devialet account my registered products have disappeared, anyon e have the same issue?
Yes, same here.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - mdconnelly - 07-Oct-2020

Re: the Roon RAAT/gigabit ethernet/hi-res music bug....

Just updated to 13.2.0 / 2.2.6. Swapped back to gigabit ethernet and started an 8 minute 96kHz/24Bit track playing. It played perfectly for nearly 7 minutes and then hit a 20 second dropout.  The next song had a 9 second dropout just a minute in.   In both cases, Roon continued to show the song playing during the dropout. If Roon continues to show the music playing, it would seem that Roon is unaware of the music no longer playing, so likely still a Devialet problem. If/when I get a chance, I'll take a peak at the Roon logs just to see if I see anything obvious.

So, while it's great that the 'audio files loading slowly...' error seem to have been eliminated, dropouts of any sort are still unacceptable. I'll likely switch back to my 10/100 mbps switch which worked perfectly.

For those that are reporting that they are no longer seeing this problem since the update - can you confirm that you're using gigabit ethernet and streaming hi-res 24 bit music? For me in the past, it was always worst when streaming 192kHz, 24Bit music.  

Bottom line - it's great to see Devialet re-engaging with the Expert Pro series and I really look forward to giving their Sweet Room a try. That was an unexpected surprise.

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - pvanosta - 07-Oct-2020

(07-Oct-2020, 20:36)mdconnelly Wrote: Re: the Roon RAAT/gigabit ethernet/hi-res music bug....

Just updated to 13.2.0 / 2.2.6. Swapped back to gigabit ethernet and started an 8 minute 96kHz/24Bit track playing. It played perfectly for nearly 7 minutes and then hit a 20 second dropout.  The next song had a 9 second dropout just a minute in.   In both cases, Roon continued to show the song playing during the dropout.    If Roon continues to show the music playing, it would seem that Roon is unaware of the music no longer playing, so likely still a Devialet problem.  If/when I get a chance, I'll take a peak at the Roon logs just to see if I see anything obvious.

So, while it's great that the 'audio files loading slowly...' error seem to have been eliminated, dropouts of any sort are still unacceptable.  I'll likely switch back to my 10/100 mbps switch which worked perfectly.

For those that are reporting that they are no longer seeing this problem since the update - can you confirm that you're using gigabit ethernet and streaming hi-res 24 bit music?  For me in the past, it was always worst when streaming 192kHz, 24Bit music.   

Bottom line - it's great to see Devialet re-engaging with the Expert Pro series and I really look forward to giving their Sweet Room a try.  That was an unexpected surprise.
@mdconnelly  : this may be a silly question, but is your wifi on the devialet disabled in the configurator? I read somewhere that if both wifi and ethernet are enabled, it can cause problems like the one you described. Wifi is disabled on mine and ethernet works fine now with Roon RAAT. YMMV

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - mdconnelly - 07-Oct-2020

@pvanosta - Yep, wifi disabled in the configurator. Or, at least it was. I just reloaded my old config files after the update so I probably should check that again. Thanks for the reminder!

RE: Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note - arcam - 07-Oct-2020

(07-Oct-2020, 18:25)aftonomos Wrote: Sticking with AirPlay, which works great.

And not UPnP?