Devialet Chat
Reactor 900 via wifi - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Phantom II (95 DB, 98 DB, Reactor 600 & 900) (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Phantom-II-95-DB-98-DB-Reactor-600-900)
+--- Thread: Reactor 900 via wifi (/Thread-Reactor-900-via-wifi)

Reactor 900 via wifi - AG57 - 17-Oct-2020

2x Reactor 900
wifi connection in this room is perfect (router is 2m away)
using Bubble UPnP app on my phone

Struggling to get this to work for more than 5 minutes, one or both of the speakers drop out, then nothing works at all for several seconds, and sometimes minutes.

Should I give up and put everything onto wired connections, or is possible to make it work over wifi?

RE: Reactor 900 via wifi - Teliaved - 17-Oct-2020

All my intermittent issues were solved the days an ethernet cable was used to connect the 2 Pantom Reactor with each other. Directly between them, not through the router.

RE: Reactor 900 via wifi - CoCo(on) - 17-Oct-2020

We should still be able to use them via wifi especially if they were conceived for that use in mind.
I had the same issue, contacted Devialet and they changed one of the reactors 900. The issue seemed resolved at first but now it comes back from time to time and it is extremely frustrating as you can straight away hear the left speaker drop. My setup doesn't allow me to practically (or aesthetically for that matter) run an ethernet beween both. So I too would like to find a more direct solution to the problem.

RE: Reactor 900 via wifi - avta - 17-Oct-2020

Have you tried resetting the Reactor to factory default? If not I would suggest trying that by holding down the power button for 7 seconds. I believe the light will turn violet colored when complete. Then you would go through the setup process as you did when you first got the Reactors by using the Devialet app.

RE: Reactor 900 via wifi - Charcharius - 17-Oct-2020

I found that resetting my router helped a lot with these issues. I eventually upgraded to the eero pro setup and have been problem free since.

UPnP implementations can be flaky. Try using another app to isolate that as a contributor.

RE: Reactor 900 via wifi - AG57 - 19-Oct-2020

so I put Ethernet cable between them and it definitely helped with sync between them (very annoying to have an extra wire that shouldn't really be necessary).
What it didn't help with is sometimes during playback both of them got into a state where they play for two seconds, then drop for a fraction of a second.
The only way to get out of this loop is to turn them off and on again.

It's quite frustrating that the company cannot solve these chronic wifi and software issues, which seem to affect every single product

(17-Oct-2020, 16:05)avta Wrote: Have you tried resetting the Reactor to factory default? If not I would suggest trying that by holding down the power button for 7 seconds. I believe the light will turn violet colored when complete. Then you would go through the setup process as you did when you first got the Reactors by using the Devialet app.

yep, many times.

(17-Oct-2020, 20:52)Charcharius Wrote: I found that resetting my router helped a lot with these issues. I eventually upgraded to the eero pro setup and have been problem free since.

UPnP implementations can be flaky. Try using another app to isolate that as a contributor.

I have a Packedge router, which is otherwise completely problem free

RE: Reactor 900 via wifi - avta - 19-Oct-2020

And you've updated the software via the app?

RE: Reactor 900 via wifi - Jon - 20-Oct-2020

Bubble UPnP never worked well for me and I think was causing the issues you described in your post. I switched to Mconnect for UPnp and that app has been much better. Might be worth a try.