Devialet Chat
Phantom + RAAT is true! - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Phantom I (103 DB, 108 DB, Premier Classic, Silver & Gold) (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Phantom-I-103-DB-108-DB-Premier-Classic-Silver-Gold)
+--- Thread: Phantom + RAAT is true! (/Thread-Phantom-RAAT-is-true)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Phantom + RAAT is true! - streamy - 22-Jan-2021

(22-Jan-2021, 15:02)ogs Wrote:
(22-Jan-2021, 14:17)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: Old Phantoms will be limited with the RAAT sample rate is my guess ...

I fear you may be right  Sad

If this turns out to be the case, Roon has somehow been 'convinced' by Devialet to accept RAAT at a lower sample rate than Phantoms can actually handle. We'll see...

Maybe the Phantoms share internally among them for stereo and multi-room play signals at maximum 48kHz and Roon obliges to transparently show this in the signal path. So far I have not seen any evidence that the internal communication among Phantoms is at 192k/24bit. Of course I can feed to my Phantoms through optical input 192k/24bit. But what happens afterwards? I have not seen anybody evidencing that hires is used throughout the entire signal path. The used Ti DAQ is capable of hires, but is it indeed used in DOS1 and DOS2? Has anybody analyzed if a 48kHz ‘sine’ signal or even a 90 kHz signal can be measured coming from the speaker as analog signal when fed in through the optical input? At least something should come out even when the tweeters only are specified to 25kHz. Maybe someone with adequate recording equipment can shed some light. Definitely my ears can not Smile

RE: Phantom + RAAT is true! - ogs - 22-Jan-2021

(22-Jan-2021, 13:47)rsemedo Wrote: Hey everyone, just a quick update....just received an firmware update to 2.12.3 (from 2.12.0)...not sure what changed, but Roon still shows the Phantom's as "uncertified" and the down sampling to 48khz also still happening... 😞 ...I googled for any firmware notes, but can't find anything so.... keep you posted... hopefully we will have some good news with whatever big announcement they have on the 2nd of Feb... ✌️

Does RAAT work with only one Phantom (solo)? Is the reported sample rate different for a single Phantom?

(22-Jan-2021, 17:39)streamy Wrote: Maybe the Phantoms share internally among them for stereo and multi-room play signals at maximum 48kHz and Roon obliges to transparently show this in the signal path. So far I have not seen any evidence that the internal communication among Phantoms is at 192k/24bit. Of course I can feed to my Phantoms through optical input 192k/24bit. But what happens afterwards? I have not seen anybody evidencing that hires is used throughout the entire signal path. The used Ti DAQ is capable of hires, but is it indeed used in DOS1 and DOS2? Has anybody analyzed if a 48kHz ‘sine’ signal or even a 90 kHz signal can be measured coming from the speaker as analog signal when fed in through the optical input? At least something should come out even when the tweeters only are specified to 25kHz. Maybe someone with adequate recording equipment can shed some light. Definitely my ears can not Smile

Can you still send 192kHz on optical with 2.12.x? Is there a way to see what a Phantom is receiving?

RE: Phantom + RAAT is true! - ragwo - 22-Jan-2021

@streamy
I haven't thought of that, I believe you're on to something. It's like the D&D 8c, downsampling to 24/48 and the Kii Three to 24/93.something.

Anyone know if 2.12.x is released for Phantom Reactors too? Does RAAT and AirPlay 2 work?

RE: Phantom + RAAT is true! - rsemedo - 23-Jan-2021

(22-Jan-2021, 21:27)ogs Wrote: Anyone know if 2.12.x is released for Phantom Reactors too? Does RAAT and AirPlay 2 work?

I was told that when officially released, it would be for the full line of speakers...all RAAT and AirPlay2

(22-Jan-2021, 14:17)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: Old Phantoms will be limited with the RAAT sample rate is my guess ...

Possibility...but that would be very, very, very sad/annoying...but I still have some hope, since the way I was able to get into this "Beta firmware" process, was because I was enquiring their expert services support about the Dante adapter in order to connect the Phantom's over Ethernet and access the internal DAC and have Roon play up to 24/192 res that way...and for the first time I found I really helpful support guy that at a point in time told me, "don't spend the money on Dante because Roon RAAT is around the corner and you will be able to achieve that..." ....so I still have hope that Devialet will do right thing for it's customers... 🙄

(22-Jan-2021, 18:37)ogs Wrote:
(22-Jan-2021, 13:47)rsemedo Wrote: Hey everyone, just a quick update....just received an firmware update to 2.12.3 (from 2.12.0)...not sure what changed, but Roon still shows the Phantom's as "uncertified" and the down sampling to 48khz also still happening... 😞 ...I googled for any firmware notes, but can't find anything so.... keep you posted... hopefully we will have some good news with whatever big announcement they have on the 2nd of Feb... ✌️

Does RAAT work with only one Phantom (solo)? Is the reported sample rate different for a single Phantom?

Yes, I'm in 1 Gold setup today... literally waiting to see where all this is going a pull the trigger on a 2nd one + reactors or give up on Devialet once for all... likely going to the Buchardt's a500....

(22-Jan-2021, 17:32)ragwo Wrote: They've changed the specifications of the speakers, again. I'm a bit upset. 

This is just crazy!! They have been reducing the specs on the speakers day by day...if I'm "forced" to sell my speakers on the back of a bad Roon RAAT implementation, etc, I'm going to the Australian consumer rights and file a complain....I keep losing/spending money with Devialet, the Dialog was a complete write-off, I was lucky to never spend money on the v1 remote and now the Phantom's....for fu@&$ sake....

RE: Phantom + RAAT is true! - The source - 23-Jan-2021

Seems like devialet cant stream RAAT between the speaker.
Thats the reason why there's a new line coming.

Ppl already went to purchase ROON with the current phantom.
Hold your horses and wait for the official announcement.