Devialet Chat
Power Cables - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Tweaker's Corner (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Tweaker-s-Corner)
+--- Thread: Power Cables (/Thread-Power-Cables)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Power Cables - thumb5 - 03-Feb-2015

The FI-15E definitely fits (I use a pair with my 400).  It looks to me as though the Oyaide 4781 should also fit but I haven't tried one.

RE: Power Cables - Music or sound - 03-Feb-2015

I have tried the Oyaide 4781 on my D250 and it works fine. The Oyaide 4781 has a housing identical to the Schurter 4781 but the metal parts(?) and definitely the plating is by Oyaide. Actually the space on the upper right corner is smaller on the D250/800 than the other models.

RE: Power Cables - Atomjohan - 06-Feb-2015

I must say that I was vey sceptical concerning PC, since I´ve tried a few with my old amplifier without any bigger effect.
I have been using 2 DIY-cables for some time now, but after buying a second D200 and went D400, I thought it would be nice to give PC a try. Today I got a good price on 2 LessLoss Reference PC and I thought I would give it a try, thinking that I could always get my money back if selling them, since I got a good price.
The difference was quite spectacular, I have only listened for a few hours but the soundstage has really widened and it feels almost like a veil has been liftened. It sounds more "live" in a good way. I will write a longer report as soon as I´ve listened some more.
I´ve tried other "tweaks" with the Deviate that I thought would make a difference but didn´t, and I really didn´t expect the PC to make a difference.

//Johan

RE: Power Cables - wikeeboy - 07-Feb-2015

Hey Johan, do you plug the PC into the wall or a power conditioner/filter?

RE: Power Cables - Atomjohan - 07-Feb-2015

(07-Feb-2015, 05:00)wikeeboy Wrote: Hey Johan, do you plug the PC into the wall or a power conditioner/filter?

Straight into wall though I´ve been thinking of giving a power conditioner a try.

RE: Power Cables - Voal - 18-Feb-2015

Fellow Devialet owners,

After using my normal power cables on my new Devialet 200, it is clear that power cables matter to its performance.

I have tested Graditech Voima and it improves almost every facet of the Devialet sound - I am using Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor.

I am also reading a lot about Sablon Audio's range of power cables being suitable for Devialet.

Two questions that I hope to get some insights:

1) Anyone who have tested both Graditech Voima and Sablon Audio Petit Corona? Which is better?

2) If I am buying a Sablon Audio cable, and I don't care for using the back cover of Devialet, should I go for Petit Corona or Grand Corona?

Thanks much for any guidance!!

Voal

RE: Power Cables - Rufus McDufus - 18-Feb-2015

I've not heard the Graditech. I preferred the Petit Corona over the Gran Corona by quite some margin. It goes against the law of expensive things being better but there you go.

RE: Power Cables - Vivialet - 18-Feb-2015

I just found my power cables for the Devialet: an Audioplan Powercord S3. It fits under the cover without problems and is really making a huge difference. I tried several other cables, Vovox Textura, Furutech 314, Viablue X-40, even a very expensive Siilent Wire reference. All these cables are better than a standard cable, but only the Audioplan is really worth the money. Maybe there are cables that are even better, but only very few cables allow to close the lid.

RE: Power Cables - Borgen - 18-Feb-2015

Just FYI, I got myself a pair of Cullen Crossover Series Power Cable last summer and got Patrick Cullen to terminate it with a plug that fits under the Devialet cover (cost around 200USD). I am very pleased with the sound quality, but I am even more impressed by the material and craftsmanship; heavy, stiff, thick silver cables, twisted and put inside a heavy duty braid screen, then twisted with teflon dielectric material and finally in a black sleeve. The service was also extraordinary good, Patrick even advised against me spending more money on his stuff when he heard about the other cables/ filters I had. And just for the record, I have no interests in Cullens business.

RE: Power Cables - G51 - 19-Feb-2015

Hello, Vivialet. Is your Audioplan S3 1.5m or 2m long? It fits under the back cover. So are you using the 15A US plug? Thanks.