Devialet Chat
Roon 1.8 first impressions - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Roon 1.8 first impressions (/Thread-Roon-1-8-first-impressions)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Roon 1.8 first impressions - blair.athol - 09-Feb-2021

Roon 1.8 has been released today
I have installed on my Mac and IOS devices without any issues and now at late night I find some time for first listening sessions.
My first impression is just great. The sound quality via Roon RAAT seems to be as good as before, just perfect for my ears.
What I really like is the new look and feel of the new user interface of Roon.
All looks light and modern. For me it is just fun to navigate through my library. I was looking for a certain album and I was linked to the composer and fron there to other artists. Great way to find some hidden treasures in your library.
Just listening to a lost album of Hannes Wader and Allan Taylor, recorded live in 2011 and released in 2013.
Looking forward to your impressions.

RE: Roon 1.8 first impressions - bernardl - 10-Feb-2021

Thanks a lot for sharing.

I intend to upgrade tonight.

Cheers,
Bernard

RE: Roon 1.8 first impressions - mdconnelly - 10-Feb-2021

Lots to love in Roon 1.8 and wonderful to see a company that really understands software development. While Devialet has helped make my music sound the best it ever has, Roon has fundamentally changed how I listen to music. Not to sound too much like a fanboy, but Roon continues to exceed my expectations. If you've got an Expert Pro (or now Phantoms) and you're not using Roon, you're really missing something special.

RE: Roon 1.8 first impressions - LeeC - 10-Feb-2021

Just home from work, upgraded Roon across my Nuc, phone and tablet. Not quite sure why but now the signal path is RAAT when it was ethernet prior.

Sounds noticeably different - better.  More soundstage, separation and presence .
I'm liking it a LOT.

Anyone else found Roon 1.8 to sound better or is it the change to RAAT?

RE: Roon 1.8 first impressions - K4680 - 10-Feb-2021

Roon 1.8, errors are present.
Make settings, Roon crashes,
Change profile, crash
Long loading times.
Hope the problems will be fixed soon. Sad
Devices: Nucleus +, iPad Pro 12.9, iPadOS 14.4

RE: Roon 1.8 first impressions - paul.oorbeek - 10-Feb-2021

(10-Feb-2021, 06:21)K4680 Wrote: Roon 1.8, errors are present.
Change profile, crash
Long loading times.
Hope the problems will be fixed soon. Sad
Yep same here but mostly in the IOS apps and not in Android. Android is noticable more stable. Interface looks much much better.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

RE: Roon 1.8 first impressions - Sailor4W - 10-Feb-2021

Great release! Looks airy, attractive, and lots of features linking music/artists. It‘s a treasure trove for finding new music.

I run Roon via Euphony on a MacBook Air and I was skeptical if the upgrade would be properly installed in Euphony. I was prepared to migrate Roon to my Mac mini, but the upgrade went smoothly!

Most noticeable is the sound improvement when running Roon through Euphony. The sound is a tad darker, but extremely pleasant. Most noticeable is better spatial resolution. Roon 1.8 sounds really airy, wonderful indeed.

As others state, the sound in Roon 1.8 hasn‘t changed markedly, I presume that the effect I‘m hearing is due to Euphony. Roon, also in the previous version, always sounded better via Euphony than Roon alone.

Very happy with the upgrade!

RE: Roon 1.8 first impressions - Johnnydev - 10-Feb-2021

maybe a stupid question, but how do I get Roon running.

i have an ipad pro, iphones and two phantom golds that have been upgraded to the latest software.
Roon remote keeps looking for a roon core.

RE: Roon 1.8 first impressions - K4680 - 10-Feb-2021

(10-Feb-2021, 07:28)paul.oorbeek Wrote:
(10-Feb-2021, 06:21)K4680 Wrote: Roon 1.8, errors are present.
Change profile, crash
Long loading times. 
Hope the problems will be fixed soon.  Sad
Yep same here but mostly in the IOS apps and not in Android. Android is noticable more stable. Interface looks much much better.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

A tip from the Roon community, set the system language on the iPad / iPhone to English and this should fix the error in advance! A Roon patch will follow!

Just tested, Roon 1.8 works!

RE: Roon 1.8 first impressions - KraaijCheck - 10-Feb-2021

(10-Feb-2021, 10:26)Johnnydev Wrote: maybe a stupid question, but how do I get Roon running.

i have an ipad pro, iphones and two phantom golds that have been upgraded to the latest software.
Roon remote keeps looking for a roon core.

You have to install the core software on a computer/NUC. Once you installed this the iPad and iPhone should find the core.