Devialet Chat
My Phantom voyage - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Systems (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Systems)
+--- Thread: My Phantom voyage (/Thread-My-Phantom-voyage)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: My Phantom voyage - ragwo - 17-Nov-2022

Long time, no see.
My Devialet voyage is coming to an halt. A couple of new stands for the Kii Threes blew the budget and something has to go. Never heard a couple of speaker stands make so much difference before.
Before

After

The only Phantom left is the first generation Silver on DOS1, doing its duty as the sound amplifier for the TV sound in the den. I do have the internals of another first generation Silver, so it might be a stereo system if I find a donor chassis.

RE: My Phantom voyage - Snoopy8 - 18-Nov-2022

Yes, the BXT "stands" will blow up the budget 🤣. Congrats!

RE: My Phantom voyage - ragwo - 18-Nov-2022

(18-Nov-2022, 03:36)Snoopy8 Wrote: Yes, the BXT "stands" will blow up the budget 🤣.  Congrats!

Thanks a lot! Wasn't really a difficult decision when a mint pair of used BXT emerged. First time I've seen them for sale in Norway. The Phantom is a really good speaker, but the Three/BXT combo is in another league. 

Another show off picture from yesterday. Life is definitely good in the listing chair.

RE: My Phantom voyage - musialsuspect - 19-Nov-2022

That's just gorgeous...the view, the speakers...and your pup.

RE: My Phantom voyage - ragwo - 19-Nov-2022

(19-Nov-2022, 18:40)musialsuspect Wrote: That's just gorgeous...the view, the speakers...and your pup.

Thank you! Can't complain. Really nice skies before the sun disappeares in a couple of weeks.

RE: My Phantom voyage - ragwo - 14-Dec-2022

Three out of four Phantom Silver sold, now the only left is the first generation Silver with DOS1. It might be sold in the coming weeks.

RE: My Phantom voyage - Jean-Marie - 16-Dec-2022

Your voyage with phantoms seems to be reaching an end... But what a journey!

RE: My Phantom voyage - Bbnsound - 16-Dec-2022

Was a pleasure to follow your journey. Thanks for sharing all the photos of your great view, the disassemblies, home theater etc.

RE: My Phantom voyage - ragwo - 16-Dec-2022

(16-Dec-2022, 12:30)Jean-Marie Wrote: Your voyage with phantoms seems to be reaching an end... But what a journey!
It's been a blast and good fun! The journey might be over, but I still have the internals of a first generation Silver laying around and if a donor speaker emerges soon I might keep the assembled first generation Silver so I have a pair for the den. Really good value for money.

RE: My Phantom voyage - ragwo - 16-Dec-2022

(16-Dec-2022, 12:49)Bbnsound Wrote: Was a pleasure to follow your journey. Thanks for sharing all the photos of your great view, the disassemblies, home theater etc.
Glad you've enjoyed it, I certainly did! I suspect I will return to Devialet at some point in the future.