Devialet Chat
Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Phantom I (103 DB, 108 DB, Premier Classic, Silver & Gold) (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Phantom-I-103-DB-108-DB-Premier-Classic-Silver-Gold)
+--- Thread: Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015 (/Thread-Devialet-Dialog-not-compatible-with-expert-line-until-mid-2015)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015 - GuillaumeB - 13-Feb-2015

I've just canceled my order too.

Guillaume

RE: Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015 - Confused - 13-Feb-2015

(13-Feb-2015, 10:40)PhilP Wrote: I also sent an e-mail asking for more detailed information e.g. whether the hardware for the early Phantom Dialogs and later Expert range Dialogs will be the same.  If they're not then I will cancel my order straight away.

If it will just be a s/w upgrade then I will have to take a view on it.

I can't understand why it should be so difficult to configure a USB port to send a signal to an Expert range amp?

I'll be interested in how Devialet answer this.  Although I would not be surprised if you get the exact same stock answer they sent to Eddye and myself. 

RE: Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015 - warpeon - 13-Feb-2015

Just attended a devialet event in Hong Kong, hosted by Andy head of apac. Am unhappy to report to confirm dialog wont work with the expert line till later this year (likely around Munich show). Will probably enable dialog for the expert line with the new firmware update. The new firmware update will have dsd native. Dialog will work with the expert line via USB. As for the expert line development plans, he mentioned the firm is working on a number of things. Hardware (model) life cycle to them is around 3-4 years so implies the expert line is half way through.

RE: Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015 - PhilP - 13-Feb-2015

I guess for UK customers this means that the Dialog for Expert Line probably won't be available until after the 6 month exclusive sales period for Harrods has passed so it should be available through our regular dealers. This may well be a good thing as we will be able to play and listen in a 'friendly' dealer environment or maybe even have a home demo before buying.

The downside is that the price of the Dialog is higher in £ than in €.

EDIT: I've just cancelled my order as well but haven't received a response to my earlier e-mail.

EDIT: I must add that they handled the cancellation in a very efficient and friendly manner. Oceane is an excellent person to have in a support team. Smile

RE: Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015 - Petter - 13-Feb-2015

Hmmm,i will wait with my order,until its proven and works well, reported on this Forum Smile

Not sure i have trust that they will deliver any device that will work from start and in promised time

RE: Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015 - PhilP - 13-Feb-2015

(13-Feb-2015, 15:41)Petter Wrote: Hmmm,i will wait with my order,until its proven and works well, reported on this Forum Smile

My guess is that it should meet those criteria just in time for it to be a nice Christmas present Smile

RE: Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015 - Chris Marshall - 13-Feb-2015

I've just sent an email to cancel mine too.

I know things can be difficult but they could at least communicate about these things.

Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015 - mirekti - 13-Feb-2015

Pardon my ignorance, but where could I find description what Dialog would bring to amps when in use?
What are these features?

RE: Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015 - Eddye - 13-Feb-2015

(13-Feb-2015, 20:28)mirekti Wrote: Pardon my ignorance, but where could I find description what Dialog would bring to amps when in use?
What are these features?

Without trying to dissmiss you, but have you read the info on the Devialet site? That all that anyone really knows.

RE: Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015 - mirekti - 13-Feb-2015

(13-Feb-2015, 20:50)Eddye Wrote:
(13-Feb-2015, 20:28)mirekti Wrote: Pardon my ignorance, but where could I find description what Dialog would bring to amps when in use?
What are these features?

Without trying to dissmiss you, but have you read the info on the Devialet site? That all that anyone really knows.

No worries, I don't want to hijack this topic, and will try to find out more details.
I did read it, but not sure of benefits against the built in WiFi in the amp. I'll wait for someone to receive it, and read some review online once it is posted.

Cheers!!!