Devialet Chat
I'm outta touch, how's everyone streaming? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: I'm outta touch, how's everyone streaming? (/Thread-I-m-outta-touch-how-s-everyone-streaming)

I'm outta touch, how's everyone streaming? - tyefighter - 22-Sep-2021

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I was on here last and I'm way out of touch. So looking for your advice if I may 

A few years ago I used to feed my D440 pro with a laptop running various playlists on Foobar but then I sent off for the CI upgrade and since it's return it's beem sat in the packaging unopened. In the meantime, I have been using apple music on my phone airdropped to a speaker due to the convenience 

So my question is what can I now do to utilise the CI upgrade board in terms of streaming music to the D440 pro? Had the board added some magic or if I want to control music remotely via iPhone is Roon my only option?

RE: I'm outta touch, how's everyone streaming? - Jean-Marie - 22-Sep-2021

With the Ci, you can now listen to Apple Music using Airplay (I assume this is what you mean by ´airdrop’)

This is one of my two ways of listening music, the other being Roon to listen to the music I have locally on my computer.

Jean-Marie

RE: I'm outta touch, how's everyone streaming? - David A - 22-Sep-2021

I use Roon to stream music from Qobuz and from my own files which are stored on a Roon Nucleus+. Both the Nucleus+ and my 140 with the CI board are connected to the network via ethernet. I control Roon with the Roon Remote app on an iPad.

RE: I'm outta touch, how's everyone streaming? - tyefighter - 22-Sep-2021

(22-Sep-2021, 06:27)Jean-Marie Wrote: With the Ci, you can now listen to Apple Music using Airplay (I assume this is what you mean by ´airdrop’)

This is one of my two ways of listening music, the other being Roon to listen to the music I have locally on my computer.

Jean-Marie

Thanks Jean-Marie, that's exactly what I was wondering  Smile 

Will I be able to select the music on my phone and airplay it to the D440?
Do you happen to know if it will support apples hi-res too?

RE: I'm outta touch, how's everyone streaming? - tyefighter - 22-Sep-2021

(22-Sep-2021, 09:33)David A Wrote: I use Roon to stream music from Qobuz and from my own files which are stored on a Roon Nucleus+. Both the Nucleus+ and my 140 with the CI board are connected to the network via ethernet. I control Roon with the Roon Remote app on an iPad.

Thanks David, I think this will be my eventual setup as I have a lot of my own files ...hoping Roon may have a Black Friday deal

RE: I'm outta touch, how's everyone streaming? - Jean-Marie - 22-Sep-2021

(22-Sep-2021, 19:47)tyefighter Wrote:
(22-Sep-2021, 06:27)Jean-Marie Wrote: With the Ci, you can now listen to Apple Music using Airplay (I assume this is what you mean by ´airdrop’)

Jean-Marie

Thanks Jean-Marie, that's exactly what I was wondering  Smile 

Will I be able to select the music on my phone and airplay it to the D440?
Do you happen to know if it will support apples hi-res too?

Absolutely you can select the music on your phone and Airplay it to the Devialet. (This is what am currently doing)

As for high res, I believe Airplay is limited to 24bits and 48kHz, so there is resampling involved in the phone. 

Whether it matters or not is a question of opinion and taste. 

Jean-Marie