Devialet Chat
Strange firmware change - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet Expert 400/800, Original d'Atelier, Expert 210/440/1000 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Expert-400-800-Original-d-Atelier-Expert-210-440-1000-Pro)
+--- Thread: Strange firmware change (/Thread-Strange-firmware-change)

Strange firmware change - daniel.avasilichioaei - 25-May-2024

The other day I downloaded the firmware from the Devialet website. The firmware version is unchanged (FIRMWARE 13.2.0 + DOS 2.2.6 - released in 2020), so the files should have been identical.
However, I noticed that the "main" file (dos_ae0c07f0.can) has a relatively recent modification date. The file downloaded in 2020 has a modification date of 09.09.2020 09:47, and the one downloaded now has a modification date of 31.01.2024 18:54. The content of the two files is not identical either.
On the other hand, I uploaded the new firmware into the amplifier and did not notice any change in the information shown on the display.
Strange...

RE: Strange firmware change - Pim - 26-May-2024

There’s proof Devialet are still doing updates on the Expert series. It would help to know what though 😂

RE: Strange firmware change - daniel.avasilichioaei - 26-May-2024

I don't understand the structure and purpose of all those files. What I called the "main" file is the file with the largest size. If this file is, in fact, the firmware installer, then it means that the actual firmware is unchanged (the other files are unchanged).

RE: Strange firmware change - Vivialet - 26-May-2024

Only the dos file has a newer file date. This is the operating system for the ci board. But version number and size is unchanged. No update…

RE: Strange firmware change - BC Audio - 26-May-2024

Is this a new firmware update for Expert Pro?

Last Expert Pro firmware version
Devialet App 1.21 APK
Version:
Devialet App 1.21 APK
Date:
2024-05-21

RE: Strange firmware change - daniel.avasilichioaei - 26-May-2024

(26-May-2024, 11:47)BC Audio Wrote: Is this a new firmware update for Expert Pro?

Last Expert Pro firmware version
Devialet App 1.21 APK
Version:
Devialet App 1.21 APK
Date:
2024-05-21

No. APK is the remote app installer for Android. It's a mess on the Devialey website, it's happened before.

RE: Strange firmware change - aftonomos - 05-Jun-2024

Notice on Devialet Configurator page: "IMPORTANT : Please note Devialet Air may not be compatible with future Windows or Mac OS versions."

AT least they know their apps don't work.

RE: Strange firmware change - Bwaze - 06-Jun-2024

But they're still spending good money to advertise Expert Pro amplifiers in audio press?

I have no words for companies like these.

Sad

RE: Strange firmware change - TobyAdam - 13-Jun-2024

That's peculiar! It sounds like there may have been minor updates or bug fixes that didn't affect the version number. Always interesting to see how firmware evolves!

RE: Strange firmware change - ada - 13-Jun-2024

There is nothing evolving guys, let’s be honest here. Devialet opened a new store in Dubai and as far as I can see from the videos there is no Expert product there. They don’t even list it in their own shops anymore. I think our only hope is to have the firmware publicly shared with us that we can somehow build a community support around it but knowing Devialet, it is very unlikely to happen.