Devialet Chat
Colloms Hifi Critic 200 review - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet Reviews (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Reviews)
+--- Thread: Colloms Hifi Critic 200 review (/Thread-Colloms-Hifi-Critic-200-review)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Colloms Hifi Critic 200 review - Pim - 05-Apr-2015

I told you a while ago Ian, that you had it in you to be a reviewer... People 'quoting' you is just the start  Tongue

RE: Colloms Hifi Critic 200 review - Rufus McDufus - 05-Apr-2015

(05-Apr-2015, 11:14)thumb5 Wrote: I read the first sentence "...if this interpretation is correct" as if it should have a colon on the end, and then quote your words, Ian.  Maybe I'm being unduly generous.  Without a doubt, the poster should have made it obviously a quote and attributed it to you.

Ah, that makes sense. I didn't read the whole thread and the context of the comment. I tend to avoid PFM as some of the contributors make me feel a bit 'Clarkson'.

RE: Colloms Hifi Critic 200 review - IanG-UK - 05-Apr-2015

(05-Apr-2015, 12:12)Mikeeo Wrote: Copyright violation! Or Ian=John ?

Mike - that is very knowledgeable given where you are based, since Ian is the Gaelic equivalent to the Hebrew John - or occasionally now expressed as Ian being the Scottish version of the English John.

But the John on Pink Fish is not me, though I did think it was on first reading!

RE: Colloms Hifi Critic 200 review - IanG-UK - 05-Apr-2015

(05-Apr-2015, 12:16)Pim van Vliet Wrote:  I told you a while ago Ian, that you had it in you to be a reviewer... People 'quoting' you is just the start  Tongue

That's very kind but I admit to having my marked biasses too. 

I think it is a skilled job - treading the path amongst opinionated readers, demanding publishers and sponsoring advertisers. I'd last a month before being sacked. But it would be a fun month.

RE: Colloms Hifi Critic 200 review - Mikeeo - 05-Apr-2015

(05-Apr-2015, 13:06)IanG-UK Wrote:
(05-Apr-2015, 12:12)Mikeeo Wrote: Copyright violation! Or Ian=John ?

Mike - that is very knowledgeable given where you are based, since Ian is the Gaelic equivalent to the Hebrew John - or occasionally now expressed as Ian being the Scottish version of the English John.

But the John on Pink Fish is not me, though I did think it was on first reading!

Ian,

Couldn't have said that any better!

Wink / Mike

RE: Colloms Hifi Critic 200 review - Damon - 13-Apr-2015

(04-Apr-2015, 23:47)IanG-UK Wrote: Hi Damon
In the UK it is £60 for four quarterly issues so I guess it is $120 in Canada and the US. As a UK resident I like it more than Stereophile because it has a UK/International focus whereas understandably I find Stereophile to have a US/International focus. What's more, HiFi Critic takes no advertising which contributes to making it a nicer read (IMO) and is allegedly more impartial (though this would be disputed by some)...

Nevertheless, I still buy it from a decreasing choice of serious hifi magazines (3 or 4?) available in the UK.

Ian,

Well noted; I meant to respond earlier and say 'thanks' for your comment. I would be more inclined to buy it with your perspective.

RE Stereophile, I like it above others for the quality of the writing, and as one becomes 'acquainted' with the columnists, one gets a feel for their individual perspectives. But I'd be happy to support a smaller independent publication as well. Having had Naim equipment I would be equipped to understand their positions as well.

Thanks