Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROON 1.1 Build 88 Goes Live!
This is a great release by Roon.

Running RoonServer on my NUC is perfect. Installation is easy, smooth and trouble-free. Reindexing of database is fast. Roon is doing a great job. I can even enjoy my Tidal playback smoothly.

Update:
2015-12-21 https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-1-...-live/5676 Highlight: HQPlayer support.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Yes indeed. Works great as a headless server as well on either a Mac or PC.

Lots of wonderful enhancements and features.

Plus of course the soon to be released iOS application which adds great portability for us Apple users....

It is the only music software I use at this time. Cannot say enough good things about it.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
What the guys above have said!!

As a software company, Roon are a breath of fresh air, in so many ways than just their actual product.

I can feel an upgrade to lifetime membership.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
I've been running the iOS beta for a while - you won't be disappointed - an excellent product.

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
(26-Aug-2015, 08:40)rik Wrote: I've been running the iOS beta for a while - you won't be disappointed - an excellent product.

Rik

At first, when I saw their release note stating that iPad 2 is not supported, I had given up hope and was looking for an Android tablet, instead. With your comment, it gets me excited to get a new iPad Air now.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I'll wait a bit until Roon and Aurender decide what will happen. I chose Aurender so that I wouldn't have to depend upon a computer. I have tried Roon and found it to be a great piece of software but ultimately not that useful for my implementation/desire/need Sad .

I know that Aurender has introduced units that maintain its GUI and directly connect to a NAS but I haven't explored that fully yet. If Roon were to implement a Roon server for Synology NAS's AND  controlled the Aurender, I would instantly become a life timer.

Yet, I am still attracted to the software... Undecided
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(26-Aug-2015, 14:29)rwjr44 Wrote: I'll wait a bit until Roon and Aurender decide what will happen. I chose Aurender so that I wouldn't have to depend upon a computer. I have tried Roon and found it to be a great piece of software but ultimately not that useful for my implementation/desire/need Sad .

I know that Aurender has introduced units that maintain its GUI and directly connect to a NAS but I haven't explored that fully yet. If Roon were to implement a Roon server for Synology NAS's AND  controlled the Aurender, I would instantly become a life timer.

Same as I was thinking but I have Synology NAS and a Auralic Aries, I am waiting to see what Roon and Auralic is going to do.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I echo Rik's comments, you won't be disappointed in the Roon application for the iPad.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(26-Aug-2015, 14:29)rwjr44 Wrote: I'll wait a bit until Roon and Aurender decide what will happen. I chose Aurender so that I wouldn't have to depend upon a computer. I have tried Roon and found it to be a great piece of software but ultimately not that useful for my implementation/desire/need Sad .

Ditto here.  Although I'm starting to wonder if they can master the Synology NAS interface, would Aurender be obsolete?  (assuming Minimserver or some similar interface can take the reins) 

Kenreau
Synology DS412+> Aurender S10> AQ Wel AES > Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wired > Vandersteen 5As.
(26-Aug-2015, 17:40)kenreau Wrote:

Ditto here.  Although I'm starting to wonder if they can master the Synology NAS interface, would Aurender be obsolete?  (assuming Minimserver or some similar interface can take the reins) 

Kenreau

It has been my experience that the Synology + Minimserver is good but not equal to the Aurender.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.