Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New rumour?
Someone attending the Whittlebury (UK) show this month posted as follows:

http://gadgetynews.com/national-audio-sh...-round-up/

"Apparently, there’s an upgrade expected in January that will allow the Phantom to be run from existing ‘Expert’ Devialet amplifiers, via an Ethernet connection."
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I hope he misunderstood. Who would want the Expert to function as an ethernet source into the Phantom? Or better said, who would want Devialet to give priority to such functionality? Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(30-Sep-2015, 18:34)Antoine Wrote: I hope he misunderstood. Who would want the Expert to function as an ethernet source into the Phantom? Or better said, who would want Devialet to give priority to such functionality? Smile

I do hope that too.... I would way prefer to see the Dialog / Expert compatibility to be delivered, although for me, until Spark supports gapless playing for classical music flawlessly this is a show stopper.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
May be that's a way to integrate the expert into the home theater with phantom. At the same time the expert can act as the dialogue and controlled by spark.... that's my ideal setup. I think that's will happen only in a galaxy far far away...
I am about as sure as I can be that this is a misinterpretation. That is, the conversation was probably related to both the Phantom and Expert being controlled together in a home system from one Dialog, or something like that, and the reporter misunderstood this as the Expert controlling the Phantom. I might be wrong of course, but I'm with Antoine on this one, Phantom control from the Expert makes no logical sense at all.

One thought though, this does imply that Dialog integration with the Expert range could be via Ethernet, rather than USB. We shall see in January. (or summer 2017 Devialet time)
(01-Oct-2015, 13:20)Confused Wrote: One thought though, this does imply that Dialog integration with the Expert range could be via Ethernet, rather than USB.  We shall see in January.  (or summer 2017 Devialet time)

I doubt it because on the current behavior of the Dialog, the Ethernet is the upstream network port that you connect to your network/router/box while the downstream network (the one playing the music) is constituted by a aggregation of 2.4GHz WiFi + 5Ghz WiFi + PLC.

It is a much smaller evolution and a very sensible one to add USB as a downstream means without disrupting the upstream.....

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I attended a Phantom demo recently and the chap from Devialet said that a software update in January will enable Phantom and Expert to be integrated, I didn't go into the tech details I was just interested from the point of view of using my turntable through my expert into a pair of Phantoms, but I suppose that's one very expensive phono stage!
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
(01-Oct-2015, 14:05)misterpete Wrote: I attended a Phantom demo recently and the chap from Devialet said that a software update in January will enable Phantom and Expert to be integrated, I didn't go into the tech details I was just interested from the point of view of using my turntable through my expert into a pair of Phantoms, but I suppose that's one very expensive phono stage!

Would this integration mean that the source, playing on the Expert Line amp, will be audible on the Phantom as well? I'm just guessing....
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
It sounds like providing multi-room capability for the Expert, by using the Phantom as satellite speakers in other "zones".
Possibly the reverse mode may be provided too?