Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cartridges and phono settings
(22-May-2018, 22:33)Elztalbiker Wrote: Have you checked the load between 150 and 300 pF and WiFi off? That's importend.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Hi the load cant be adjusted on the 130 pro. Yes i made sure the wifi is off. I have also tried using a phono stage and it still clips  Huh.
Oh sorry, my mistake with loading. Your sampling rate is 96 khz or 192 khz? 96 kHz hast he better quality. Have you checked your phono cable with the seperate phono stage on another amp? When it's not possible, could you check the voltage on your phono cable with a multimeter?

Hi thanks for the reply, I could check the voltage and today im going to try another turntable too. The sound is ok its just the db indicator flashes red. I also tried setting the expert on max 15mv and it still clips. Seems very odd asi cant see how it could be clipping with such a low output cartridge. Im thinking maybe my ortofon cartridge is faulty.
Happy Vinyl Day to everyone Smile

just moved to D250ci (from D440ci) and now setting up one of my TT's (Oracle Delphi) with the Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge.  On the D440ci this TT/Cart config was quite responsive and minimal gain difference between digital streaming and analog input.  With the D250ci I'm seeing almost a 7dB difference.

So to help the system out I've picked up the Graham Slee Elevator EXP SUT.  

The settings for the Cadenza Black (Devialet Cartridge Defaults) are:

input on Phono 2
30 Ohm Load
0 PF
Auto Wifi off
RIAA 1976
96 Hz

Looking for suggestions for settings on the Configurator for the Graham Slee SUT.
Input on Phono 1 or 2?
1) switch to MM
2) Load?
3) PF?
4) Auto Wifi On/Off?
5) keep RIAA 1976?
6) 96Hz or 192Hz?

Thank you 
Jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
Load = between 300 and 500 ohm
100 pf
MM
Phono 1 or Phono 2 are equal

Please try this - should work fine

Alternative from above

If you wants, you could test next 0 pf, 200 pf and then 300 pf

Apologies if this one’s already been mentioned but what are recommended settings for Dynavector Karat 17D3?
Yes i have a happy Day ,With my vinyl , it Sound beautefull .
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(28-Oct-2018, 08:01)Elztalbiker Wrote: Load = between 300 and 500 ohm
100 pf
MM
Phono 1 or Phono 2 are equal

Please try this - should work fine

Alternative from above

If you wants, you  could test next 0 pf, 200 pf and then 300 pf

Thank you Elztalbiker

What might a start be for the Max Level?  Defaults to 5Mv

Jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@ Jim 0,5 mV is normaly recommended. You could stay with by this level or a bit more like 0,6 V or 0,7 mV for more dynamic by MC input only.

That is without SUT

With SUT is independed from your the SUT output level.

I have found 2 mV and 10 mV for you SUT.

Cadenza Black is 0,5 mV with factor 13,3 from your SUT at 47 kohm the result should be 6,5 mV please start testing with 6,5 mV and go in steps to 7,2 mV if you like

Thanks Elztalbiker

The introduction of the Graham Slee changed the SQ picture fairly dramatically. Warmer, darker in the quiet portions, seems to have more base. Possibly not a clean/clear as previously without.

I have an in-expensive set of interconnects (thrown in for testing with this SUT) and when I turn up the volume to 0db I can hear our local radio station (I'm currently blaming on the interconnects - I need to test previous config to see if it was there before).

All in all with the limited testing of a single album, I'm impressed with the db gain. Nil's Loughren's Acoustic album is a great test of the dynamics of a cartridge and it didn't disappoint but I need to do some A/B testing to see which I like best for clarity.

Jim