Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweetspot ( Treble sound throw)
Hi,
I'm just on my way of putting down an order for a par of Silvers + Dialog + Branch, but before I part with some of my existing HiFi gear I would like to know that ( especially) the Treble is just working great in one spot ( e.g sitting right on the middle in front of them).

I have until now preferred speakers that either come with 180 deg band cones tweeters ( Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5)  or Acoustic Lens technology ( Bang & Olufsen) the reason for this is that I don't in general sit down and listen to music i move around a lot in my quite large living room.
So is the treble audible and clear from a large area / angles or just in front of the speakers ?

Thankful for your personal opinions
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
Sounds like you need a Walkman!
My opinion is that the dispersion of the Phantoms is very wide and excellent. That said, the mids driver is larger than my regular speaker which has 4.5" drivers which does disperse even better. My guess, eyeballing it is that the Phantom's mid is equal to most speakers' 6" drivers.

But yes, I find the dispersion to be good.
(16-Feb-2016, 01:53)MountainGuy Wrote: But yes, I find the dispersion to be good.

Thanks MountainGuy,
That makes me calm, and wanting to put down the quite substantial amount of $$$ a pair of Phantoms costs.
Read some of your posts here and you know what you're talking about ( Anyway when it comes to sound  Wink  and I thought the English word was Dispersion but when I translated it to Swedish it was not explained the way I wanted to, a lot of technical terms can be hard to translate between different languages.
Will most likely initially hook them up to my DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-correction / DAC) and use my tweaked Sonos as source
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
McChicken, it looks like Devialet still offers the 45-day trial period. This is the best and only way you will know if these speakers are right for you as everyone listens differently. What better than to have them in your own home playing your own music Smile
Thanks kameraguy THAT is exactly what I did today. will have to buy some temporary bookshelf speaker stands as I for sure like to have the Bransch stands
(17-Feb-2016, 15:14)McChicken Wrote: Thanks kameraguy THAT is exactly what I did today. will have to buy some temporary bookshelf speaker stands as I for sure like to have the Bransch stands

The branch is great and give a better sound.
And the remote is also fine
(17-Feb-2016, 15:14)McChicken Wrote: Thanks kameraguy THAT is exactly what I did today. will have to buy some temporary bookshelf speaker stands as I for sure like to have the Bransch stands

Congrats! Did they still offer hand delivery via Enjoy? I did the same as you and found out instead of having to wait a week for delivery from France, they had them in stock locally where I was (SF Bay Area) and I got the entire system hand delivered to my home the same afternoon. They appear to be doing this in select areas in the USA.