Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Silver + Gold in stereo?
Hi,

So I have a Phantom Silver, and was thinking maybe to add a Phantom Gold. 

How would that work in Stereo? Does a White + Silver work well? What happens when you increase the volume as one is able to deliver more sound? 

Would it be a strange solution for stereo or would it work good?

Thanks
I think it would be a strange solution. We are not only talked about more watts, but also a new Titanium Tweeter and dac and SAM v2. If you are going for a home cinema solution you could use the silver as center, but I doubt it will be a good idea to pair Silver and Gold in stereo.

If I were in your situation I would sell the Silver, if you are temp to buy the Gold Smile
2 x Devialet Phantom Gold / Branch + Dialog
Pioneer KRP-600M 60" Plasma Tv
Ok, a little bird informed me - here is the answer to my own question.

You can't play in stereo a white and a gold or a silver and a white or a silver and a gold; 

A stereo pair must be exactly the same model. That is because in pair you can't seperate each volume, and at same volume you would only hear the gold. 

You can create a stereo pair of Phantom gold, and one virtual extra room for Phantom white. 
Now you can fine tune the volume of each to complement each zones.
That is what we did here with two Silver in front as stereo and one white in the back to make a triangle for movies. 

The Gold is 4x more powerful that a Phantom White, meaning the sound distribution will 4x more intense. 

In truth the sound distribution on all our devices is the same, BUT the volume and power of a gold will be so intense that in each corner of a room you will feel the music. 
I'm 100% sure that when the Phantom was introduced, there was a setup with a white and a silver Phantom without any dramas. I believe it was a write up on Hifi.nl
I will see if I can find it.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Not Hifi.nl... need to do some digging but that will be tomorrow. Anyone else?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I have two silver phantoms in stereo and would like to add a center chanel would it have to be a silver or could it be a gold?
(28-Jun-2016, 23:02)hydr Wrote: Hi,

So I have a Phantom Silver, and was thinking maybe to add a Phantom Gold. 

How would that work in Stereo? Does a White + Silver work well? What happens when you increase the volume as one is able to deliver more sound? 

Would it be a strange solution for stereo or would it work good?

Thanks

The two will sound different as the Gold is built on the new ADH & DAC. And the Gold has the titanium tweeter. Your stereo image would be strange because of this difference. The volume between the two would not necessarily be different for normal playback, but it might be..
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB