Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
Hello, does someone has experience with their Delta SC?

Regards
Michael
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
I recently took ownership of a Denali 6000/T UK model, about 8 weeks ago. It was to replace my Shunyata Venom UK6 (see For Sale section) which has served me admirably but I felt an upgrade was in order. I run Shunyata Delta cables to the D1000 and Venom from the wall to Denali (funds are not currently available for anything better). I connected the Devialets into one zone, Innuos Zenith Mk2 and Oppo BDP105D into the second zone and the third zone is the Marantz AV Receiver and Samsung 4K TV. All these devices have computer circuit boards and some have SMPS'. All of which are known to feed noise back into the mains, so I was hoping to see improvements in this area.

Music

I have done many extended listening sessions, all types of music and artist, using the Zenith for CD and high-res formats and the Oppo for a variety of stereo and 5.1 recordings  e.g. the Beatles Love Album and Dark Side of the Moon (that's really good fun). With all that listening that was not one occasion that I was disappointed.

I find it interesting to describe to others what I hear, but here goes...

An increase in dynamics, light and shade within tracks I have listed to for years, and on many formats. An example is Edwyn Collins' album Gorgeous George, it's almost like I have heard it in 45rpm quality, sometimes sounding really good but lacking in emotional engagement, flat, now I can hear how many voice are making up the harmonies. U2 albums, Zooropa and Achtung Baby, great to hear how they used electronics. Springsteen, great to cut through that wall of sound he often employs. Kate Bush, not someone I am especially keen on, really enjoying her albums, pulling out all sorts of details.

On the AV side of things....

I keep my Sky Q box on a different mains ring to the Denali for operational and interference reasons but there has been a noticeable improvement in the Samsung TV 4K pictures from Sky, Apple TV and Oppo. The sound from the D1000 and Marantz to my 4 full size PMC speakers when watching something like Lord of the Rings is quite something, I think bombastic is the word! And no subwoofer to be seen or heard.

Am I pleased I went for the Denali, Damn right I am !!

Try one if you get the chance.

Graham
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

Marantz SR7012, OPPO BDP 105D, PMC OB1s (Rears), PMC Twenty C (Centre).

South East Wales, UK
Thanks for your reply!
I also use the Denali 6000. Was interested in comments about Delta speaker cables.
Meanwhile I‘ve placed an order with my dealer. Wasn’t able to find any comments/reviews on the net. I‘m confident the better my 15 years old Virtual Dynamics cables.

Regards
Michael
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(09-Feb-2019, 04:54)Duomike Wrote: Thanks for your reply!
I also use the Denali 6000. Was interested in comments about Delta speaker cables.
Meanwhile I‘ve placed an order with my dealer. Wasn’t able to find any comments/reviews on the net. I‘m confident the better my 15 years old Virtual Dynamics cables.

Regards
Michael

Michael, are you based in the US?  I will be demoing the Venom speaker cable this week but use a Delta PC.
No I‘m in Indonesia, thanks for asking.
(12-Feb-2019, 11:06)Duomike Wrote: No I‘m in Indonesia, thanks for asking.

I was going to say — lending the cables first came to mind, but it may be difficult in your region.  Would love to have a set of Delta cables to match my Delta EF mains!
Review of new Shunyata Sigma USB cable, he seems quite impressed...

https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthre...732&page=5
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

South East Wales, UK
(09-Feb-2019, 04:54)Duomike Wrote: Thanks for your reply!

Regards
Michael
Hi Michael,

Sorry for delayed reply re Delta speaker cables...

I have them and using them to good effect, they replaced my Audioquest Gibraltar cables which were fine cables but due to the silver content was making for an overbright system. To be fair I was also trying to solve some problems in my system which were hard to isolate.

Anyway I am pleased with the Deltas, they work well with my D1000 Pro CI. I am using them with Chord Signature jumper leads so not yet getting the full effect perhaps. The Shunyata jumper leads are sooo expensive..

Let me know how you get on.

Graham

South East Wales, UK
Some very interesting comments in this review of the Shunyata Delta Power Cords:

https://www.hifiplus.com/articles/shunya...wer-cords/

To quote:

I don’t generally like to cross-reference reviews from other categories and I especially don’t like to start a review in the middle, but this deserves saying: the review for the Devialet Pro Expert 140 would have been materially different were it not for the inclusion of the Shunyata Research Delta NR power cords. The difference in performance was so marked, not only should Shunyata invest in a Devialet for demonstration purposes (and vice versa), but any member of the Shunyata team should be able to rock up at Devialet’s Parisian offices and demand the highest of high-grade croissant they get delivered daily. This is not synergy; what the Delta NR does happens universally... it’s just that the Devialet so benefits from what the Delta NR does, it’s almost laughable.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(13-Mar-2019, 19:18)Confused Wrote: Some very interesting comments in this review of the Shunyata Delta Power Cords:

https://www.hifiplus.com/articles/shunya...wer-cords/

To quote:

I don’t generally like to cross-reference reviews from other categories and I especially don’t like to start a review in the middle, but this deserves saying: the review for the Devialet Pro Expert 140 would have been materially different were it not for the inclusion of the Shunyata Research Delta NR power cords. The difference in performance was so marked, not only should Shunyata invest in a Devialet for demonstration purposes (and vice versa), but any member of the Shunyata team should be able to rock up at Devialet’s Parisian offices and demand the highest of high-grade croissant they get delivered daily. This is not synergy; what the Delta NR does happens universally... it’s just that the Devialet so benefits from what the Delta NR does, it’s almost laughable.

A very interesting write up. The only problem as I see it is that you need the NR with its CCI filter to get the best sound, but these connectors won’t fit under the back plate of the Devialet, so Alan Sircom must have done the audition with the back plate removed.. The EF connector will fit under the back plate, but it doesn’t have the CCI filter.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England