Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beardy Nodding Guy?
Pardonay moi if this isn't the place to ask... but who is the bearded Nodding Guy in GuilliameB's animated GIF?
Been meaning to ask for months.
I get that its just one of the long line of post-battle heroes going "Hey... you're alright. We're cool. Everything's going to be fine as long as we got each other, my friend & brother" etc. (Like at the end of Star Wars for instance.)
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(28-Jul-2016, 13:14)JohnnySix Wrote: Pardonay moi if this isn't the place to ask... but who is the bearded Nodding Guy in GuilliameB's animated GIF?
Been meaning to ask for months.
I get that its just one of the long line of actors going "Hey... you're alright. We're cool. Everything's going to be fine as long as we got each other, my friend & brother" etc. (Like at the end of Star Wars for instance.)

It's Robert Redford!! 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(28-Jul-2016, 13:17)GuillaumeB Wrote: It's Robert Redford!! 

Guillaume

Good Grief! Thought it would turn out to be some beloved French actor unbeknownst to us British.

Could do with some re-centering: less pre-nod, more post-nod!
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
I'd always assumed that it was you, Guillaume. Are you pulling our leg(s)?

Edit. No! I'm wrong. It is Robert Redford. Just googled it.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I must admit to being slightly disappointed upon meeting Guillaume and he not resembling his avatar Big Grin
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(29-Jul-2016, 06:17)tyefighter Wrote: I must admit to being slightly disappointed upon meeting Guillaume and he not resembling his avatar Big Grin

Should we ever meet, you don't have to worry about that. It's really me Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(29-Jul-2016, 06:17)tyefighter Wrote: I must admit to being slightly disappointed upon meeting Guillaume and he not resembling his avatar Big Grin

You sure?  (this is where I finally get banned from this forum)  I saw Guillaume's avatar before I had the pleasure of meeting the man.  The first actual meeting was at Oxford Audio and as I recall I did actually recognise him from his avatar.  I remember thinking that he did look a bit younger and better looking now he had trimmed his beard back a bit, but this is true of most men with beards.  I am obviously not a huge fan of Robert Redford.  (who is he, anyway??)  It's curious thinking back, I just walked straight up to him and said hello, how else could I have recognised the man if not from his avatar?  I suppose I did know he was going to Oxford Audio, and he did turn up sporting a very fine Devialet Chat polo shirt, but this is not enough, it was the guy in the avatar.   There is another explanation of course, Guillaume and Robert Redford might be closely related?  A brother from another mother perhaps?? Shy

Of course, none of this explains why Rufus looks like a giant cat.

EDIT:  I have just googled Robert Redford out of curiosity and to find out who he is, in some of his more recent pictures where he looks a little older, he does have a little bit of the look of my elder brother.  What does all this mean???? Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Brian, I think its means that Guillaume's mothers, fathers, uncle, cousin twice removed, youngest daughters husbands, brothers lover is related to your elder brothers fathers, sisters daughters sons, second cousins, auntie !! this could explain why i met you both at the same open day in Oxford ...i don't believe in coincidences LOL

Guillaume sporting his lovely Devialet Chat polo shirt did help me to identify him

And Pim so long as you run around with no shoes on I'm sure I will recognise you if I ever venture to Oz
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(30-Jul-2016, 19:10)tyefighter Wrote: Brian, I think its means that Guillaume's mothers, fathers, uncle, cousin twice removed, youngest daughters husbands, brothers lover is related to your elder brothers fathers, sisters daughters sons, second cousins, auntie !!  this could explain why i met you both at the same open day in Oxford ...i don't believe in coincidences LOL

Guillaume sporting his lovely Devialet Chat polo shirt did help me to identify him

And Pim so long as you run around with no shoes on I'm sure I will recognise you if I ever venture to Oz

I'll give you a hint that will increase the odds significantly; this feet are about two meters away from my eyes  Wink
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(28-Jul-2016, 13:19)JohnnySix Wrote:
(28-Jul-2016, 13:17)GuillaumeB Wrote: It's Robert Redford!! 

Guillaume

Good Grief! Thought it would turn out to be some beloved French actor unbeknownst to us British.

Could do with some re-centering: less pre-nod, more post-nod!

I believe it's from the excellent movie "Jeremiah Johnson" released back in good ole 1972.  Cool
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack