Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Room correction
Well there are several approaches of room correction out there used by audio manufacturers like LINN, Sonos and many more. The thing is everyone knows about the importance of RC and major effects of room acoustics to the overal sound quality. That's why Devialet users are demanding a solution for a long time now. The more powerful and the more adaptable the better. Though so far there still has been no progress on this crucial topic.
For all who want room correction feature please vote here: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...y-Software
Alternatively you can also create a support ticket for requesting new features Wink I have been using the support system and I have got nice reply on each request that my new feature request is now taken in consideration.

I'm still not sure do they really count names from these logs. I hope they do.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Hello

have a look at
www.homeaudiofidelity.com

that sounds promising according to a review at www.hifi-advice.com.

I am on the way to get it and will report on my experiences with it.

best Ulrich
(24-Oct-2017, 07:15)markush Wrote: Well there are several approaches of room correction out there used by audio manufacturers like LINN, Sonos and many more. The thing is everyone knows about the importance of RC and major effects of room acoustics to the overal sound quality. That's why Devialet users are demanding a solution for a long time now. The more powerful and the more adaptable the better. Though so far there still has been no progress on this crucial topic.
I have a DSPeaker antimode 2.0 but don't prefer the sound with it, different rather than better IMO.
I use Audyssey with my home cinema which uses the Devialet for front speakers in bypass mode. Works OK for films. On music I am happy without, mind you I spent a long time optimising the speaker position in the room to minimise the effect.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(31-Aug-2018, 09:46)ulrichoskar Wrote: Hello

have a look at
www.homeaudiofidelity.com

that sounds promising according to a review at www.hifi-advice.com.

I am on the way to get it and will report on my experiences with it.

best Ulrich

HAF is probably very good. Several members of this forum uses it with great results according to their posts, however you'll have to do the convolution outside of the Expert amp as Devialet still does not do convolution in their devices.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Room correction, room correction, room correction................1000 times!
I want it.
Absolutely!! I tried to emphasize negotiations between Roon and Dirac which would be a nice solution.
Also Devialet has so much possibilities with its platform.
(29-May-2020, 20:31)Giubeca Wrote: Room correction, room correction, room correction................1000 times!
I want it.

Devialet have said several times now that room correction is not on their list. You do have some options available to you right now, however.

You can load a convolution filter into Roon if you use Roon and get room correction that way but you have to use other software to make the filter and it will only be active while you're using Roon to play music. I think you may also be able to apply convolution filters in HQ Player but the same caveats would apply.

You can use a device which includes a room correction application such as Dirac or Audyssey as a pre=ammp and room correction source and feed a digital output from it to your Devialet.

You can do physical room correction with acoustic treatments such as bass traps, absorption panels, and diffusors.

And finally you can do a hell of a lot simply by playing with the placement of your speakers and your listening position. Small changes can make big differences in the result you get.

If Devialet do give us room correction one day, what  are we going to get? We'll get something that measures the response at our listening position and adjusts it in a way that the people who designed it think is best but not everyone likes the same kind of result. That's why different people prefer different concert halls if they have a choice, and different seats in the hall if they have a choice, and different speakers and electronics. If we all liked the same kind of sonic result while listening to music at home we'd all be using similar speakers and electronics and we'd all have our rooms set up to get similar results. Anyone who visits a number of different audiophiles and listens to their systems in their rooms knows just how different the sound some people prefer to what they themselves prefer can be. Every room correction system gives you someone else's idea of what the result should be and it may or may not be the result you prefer. Digital room correction is certainly useful, I use Audyssey in my separate home theatre setup which is in a different room to my audio system, but it's not a silver bullet that can of will fix everything. If you want to get a better result from your system in your current room, start by doing the hard work refining your speaker placement and listening position  and I bet you can get better results than you're getting. Then think of what else you can do. There's a lot you can do right now without room correction and whatever you do know will help you get a better result with room correction if it ever comes, and help you get that better result with room correction a lot m ore easily than you will if you don't do what you can right now.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I agree on all points. For those fortunate enough to have a dedicated listening room, moving speakers around to the optimal location is certainly the best. Also room treatment is important. Bass traps and diffusers does wonders to the sound quality.
I have my speakers setup in the living room of our flat, the only room that works for this. I also want to continue being married so DRC is my only option (besides using headphones which I don't like much). I've used DRC for many years and the experience helps a lot in tuning the sound. Of course I adjust speaker position as much as I can, but DRC does the 'heavy lifting' .
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB